Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Ownership

Is the music I get from spotify mine for my monthly fee mine, or am I only renting it for as long as I keep paying?

• Is the music I get from  spotify mine for my monthly fee mine, or am I only renting it for as long as I keep paying?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I paid my subscrition in app store but I my account doesn't change

So I paid my monthly subscription trough the app store and my account still being free, I have used this before but it´s the fisrt time that this happen. I have the digital receipt in case it's needed

• Casual Listener
  • So I paid my monthly subscription trough the app store and my account still being free, I have used this before but it´s the fisrt time that this happen. I have the digital receipt in case it's ...
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log into Spotify

I'm from the US. Never left the country and I've had Spotify for a very long time but recently it says I can only use it abroud for 14 days and when I try to change my country because that's what I've been reading to do it doesn't give me any other o...

• I'm from the US. Never left the country and I've had Spotify for a very long time but recently it says I can only use it abroud for 14 days and when I try to change my country because that's what I'v...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

3 month for 99p

I have paid my money to get the offer and they have took the money but haven't upgraded me to premium any ideas any thanks

• I have paid my money to get the offer and they have took the money but haven't upgraded me to premium any ideas any thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Perpetually awaiting download.

I bought membership today solely to be able to download my playlist for when I go on holidays tomorrow. What would be nice is if there were a way to check what exactly it is waiting on. The device is recognized by the computer, and yet blank.

• I bought membership today solely to be able to download my playlist for when I go on holidays tomorrow. What would be nice is if there were a way to check what exactly it is waiting on. The device is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify used all my battery in around an hour. Phone also got very hot.

I just noticed my phone getting very hot in my pocket. Pulled it out to find Spotify had reduced my phone from 100% to under 10% with just over an hour of streaming. Quick visit to the battery settings showed Spotify had used a large percentage in ba...

• Roadie
  • I just noticed my phone getting very hot in my pocket.  Pulled it out to find Spotify had reduced my phone from 100% to under 10% with just over an hour of streaming.  Quick visit to the ba...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I own two phones...Can't use both?

I own two iPhones. Both are logged into my premium account. I was listening on headphones on my work phone, and I handed my personal phone to my wife, she opened Spotify and low and behold the app won't allow me to play music on more than one device ...

• Casual Listener
  • I own two iPhones. Both are logged into my premium account. I was listening on headphones on my work phone, and I handed my personal phone to my wife, she opened Spotify and low and behold the app wo...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume limiter

Is there a way to limit the max volume so it doesn't damage my hearing if it is accidentaly turned up too loud? I am trying to protect my hearing and I have a bad habit of listening to very loud music and a max limit for ouput decibels would be very ...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to limit the max volume so it doesn't damage my hearing if it is accidentaly turned up too loud? I am trying to protect my hearing and I have a bad habit of listening to very loud musi...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Trying to get premium for £0.99 but won't work

Hi I'm trying to get the 3 month trial for 99p but I've tried several times to a pay with with PayPal but it says it's going back to the business page and won't upgrade???? Can someone help. I used my PayPal to pay for my sisters premium trial too? W...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I'm trying to get the 3 month trial for 99p but I've tried several times to a pay with with PayPal but it says it's going back to the business page and won't upgrade???? Can someone help. I used m...
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Waze stops Spotify

Hi,Since the iOS 9.0 update Spotify player is stopped after Waze spoke. When Wase is back silenced the Spotify music player don't restart to play.No problem occurs with Apple Music.First I play SpotifyThen I run WazeWaze spoke then Spotify stop and n...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Since the iOS 9.0 update Spotify player is stopped after Waze spoke. When Wase is back silenced the Spotify music player don't restart to play. No problem occurs with Apple Music. First I pl...
  • Puuwik
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Spotify stops
    Waze
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not working with sonos

I've just signed up to Spotify to use with Sonos. However, when I click to spotify through Sonos it keeps asking me to reverify my account. I do that but it still doesn't work.I read another post suggesting that I reboot my router and reinstall the s...

• I've just signed up to Spotify to use with Sonos. However, when I click to spotify through Sonos it keeps asking me to reverify my account.  I do that but it still doesn't work. I read anothe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't jump to different point in track

Hi there, have Spotify premium on iOS and it has changed so when I click on the track currently playing I can no longer see the whole length of the track and navigate to a late part of the song. It just shows a list now 'next from songs' Help - why d...

• Regular
  • Hi there, have Spotify premium on iOS and it has changed so when I click on the track currently playing I can no longer see the whole length of the track and navigate to a late part of the song. It j...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unlocking crashes App

Greets!I have spotify on my iphone 6, iPad mini retina and iMac. I normally play music through Spotify osx desktop and control it from either iPhone or iPad however, when unlocking either one the app crashes. This happens frequently. The crash also h...

• Music Fan
  • Greets! I have spotify on my iphone 6, iPad mini retina and iMac. I normally play music through Spotify osx desktop and control it from either iPhone or iPad however, when unlocking either one the a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unknown Song FIle

Hello! I'm trying to get my songs to sync with my phone (for offline download), and I'm trying to delete a song that's a local file on my computer. It's not letting me delete it, and when I removed it from the playlist on my computer, it still stayed...

• Hello! I'm trying to get my songs to sync with my phone (for offline download), and I'm trying to delete a song that's a local file on my computer. It's not letting me delete it, and when I removed i...
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Will I be able to use my Spotify premium in countries where Spotify isn't available?

I'll be travelling to Bosnia and I'll be staying there for a month and Spotiy isn't available there, will I still be able to use my Spotify? (I have premium)

• I'll be travelling to Bosnia and I'll be staying there for a month and Spotiy isn't available there, will I still be able to use my Spotify? (I have premium)
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not playing / randomly muting, major issue

Just today my app on my iPhone 6 seemed to stop working. Tracks will either not play at all, if if they do just before the halfway mark the sound cuts out with the time bar still going and nothing I do helps besides going back to the beginning of the...

• Casual Listener
  • Just today my app on my iPhone 6 seemed to stop working. Tracks will either not play at all, if if they do just before the halfway mark the sound cuts out with the time bar still going and nothing I ...
  • april453
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

erro na conta

Antes eu era o administrador de uma conta familiar, agora houve um problema que as outras subcontas sairam do plano, a miha conta continuou porém eu nao apareço mais como o administrador da conta Caso saibam a sulução para o problema, ajudem por favo...

• Antes eu era o administrador de uma conta familiar, agora houve um problema que as outras subcontas sairam do plano, a miha conta continuou porém eu nao apareço mais como o administrador da conta &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes