Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • nord_a
  • Casual Listener
  • 958 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 958 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

Plano duo. sou membro e continuo escutando musicas com anuncios

Sou membro do plano duo. confirmei o endereço. porem a minha conta spotfy continua como gratuita e ouvindo musicas com anuncios. o que fazer?

• Visitor
  • Sou membro do plano duo. confirmei o endereço. porem a minha conta spotfy continua como gratuita e ouvindo musicas com anuncios. o que fazer?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can Spotify delete my old account with embarrassing playlists if I don't have the password or email

I made a Spotify account a few years ago. I then logged out of that and made a new account. All the playlists on that old account is still public and I wish the whole account would be deleted as it’s embarrassing and is inactive. I’ve tried logging i...

• Visitor
  • I made a Spotify account a few years ago. I then logged out of that and made a new account. All the playlists on that old account is still public and I wish the whole account would be deleted as i...
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution discover weekly often repeating same songs

i used to love my "discover weekly" playlist. I found very good music. recently, I have noticed it often contains songs that are already on some other playlist of mine or that I already know (and listened to them on Spotify)besides that, it is also s...

• Gig Goer
  • i used to love my "discover weekly" playlist. I found very good music.   recently, I have noticed it often contains songs that are already on some other playlist of mine or that I already know...
  • fedenrico
  • Gig Goer
  • 26 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 14 likes

Cannot find account attached to credit card

My wife has an active premium subscription, which is invoiced via her credit card. However we have searched all spotify accounts, and none of them seems to have an active subscription, how do I get in contact with Spotify to track the account the cre...

• My wife has an active premium subscription, which is invoiced via her credit card.   However we have searched all spotify accounts, and none of them seems to have an active subscription, how d...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Following count not updating on profile

PlanFree & PremiumCountryALLDeviceALLOperating SystemALL My Question or IssueThe following count on profile is not updating when following a new artist, but it does update when following a 'normal' account. Example:My current following count is '5', ...

• Plan Free & Premium Country ALL Device ALL Operating System ALL   My Question or Issue The following count on profile is not updating when following a new artist, but it does updat...
  • Henrique_Almeida
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Inability to play Spotify on 2 distinct devices at once even with Dou or Family accounts is frustra

i had a Dou account for my and my spouse, and we use it on our phones, cars and smart speaker at home and work. With a Dou account I should be able to play 2 devices simultaneously, regardless of what account is in use (don’t reinvent the wheel here ...

• Casual Listener
  • i had a Dou account for my and my spouse, and we use it on our phones, cars and smart speaker at home and work.   With a Dou account I should be able to play 2 devices simultaneously, regardle...
  • Joy91
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot update an incorrect email without logging in with an email

Tried logging in using all other methods and none of them were linked. The email in use is an email I’m assuming has been randomly generated yet when I try to change it it just comes up with an error message. All online help needs you to be logged in...

• Visitor
  • Tried logging in using all other methods and none of them were linked. The email in use is an email I’m assuming has been randomly generated yet when I try to change it it just comes up with an error...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium working on phone but not on desktop - says I'm only Free

On my phone I have the premium plan, but I downloaded and logged into the desktop app, but it is telling my plan is the Free one, not premium. I'm not paying another £13.99 a month for this

• Visitor
  • On my phone I have the premium plan, but I downloaded and logged into the desktop app, but it is telling my plan is the Free one, not premium.   I'm not paying another £13.99 a month for this
  • maryjanenano
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't join to my partner's Duo Plan

i live in the same house that my partner lives, but spotify don't allow me to join to the Duo Plan that my partner pay, because it says that we are not in the same country

• Visitor
  • i live in the same house that my partner lives, but spotify don't allow me to join to the Duo Plan that my partner pay, because it says that we are not in the same country
  • Susannaberges
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify on ps4 won't start

Can't seem to get it to open on ps4. Tried just about everything I can think of. I can still play from my phone to the ps4 but can't do anything on the ps4 to change or set new playlist. Started about a week ago. Starting up it say error or shows a s...

• Regular
  • Can't seem to get it to open on ps4. Tried just about everything I can think of. I can still play from my phone to the ps4 but can't do anything on the ps4 to change or set new playlist. Started abou...
  • Christianyan
  • Visitor
  • 17 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 17 replies
  • 6 likes

Inviting wife to family plan. She gets invitation, but the app remains "free" and not premium.

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 14Operating SystemiOS 10My Question or IssueI have invited my wife to our family plan several times. Via email and via text. She clicks on the invitation and then clicks "Accept." I can see that she's accepted o...

• Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device iPhone 14 Operating System iOS 10 My Question or Issue I have invited my wife to our family plan several times. Via email and via text. She clicks on the...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Losing Basic Features

It has come to my understanding, upon chatting with your customer service, that Spotify is now pushing most of its user to premium subscriptions. But, removing the basic controls one would expect of a streaming platform is probably a bad way to do it...

• Casual Listener
  • It has come to my understanding, upon chatting with your customer service, that Spotify is now pushing most of its user to premium subscriptions. But, removing the basic controls one would expect of ...
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution How many devices can I run Spotify on with my premium individual account?

How many devices can I run Spotify on with my premium individual account? For example, can I run on my phone and on my TV at the same time?

• Visitor
  • How many devices can I run Spotify on with my premium individual account? For example, can I run on my phone and on my TV at the same time? 
  • Joan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My daughter can‘t join my family account

PlanFamilyCountryGermanyDevice(iPhone 13)Operating SystemAll My Question or IssueAfter my divorce my daughter moved to my household. Her mother (my ex) has terminated my daughter’s account. Now she can not join my family account but is blocked for a ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Family Country Germany Device (iPhone 13) Operating System All   My Question or Issue After my divorce my daughter moved to my household. Her mother (my ex) has terminated...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't let me use my email for a new spotify account.

I've closed my old spotify account, and when I try to sign up for free, it says my email is already in use of another account. And when I try to log in, it says this account is no longer available.

• Visitor
  • I've closed my old spotify account, and when I try to sign up for free, it says my email is already in use of another account. And when I try to log in, it says this account is no longer available.
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When I Cancel my Premium Account

Plan: PremiumCountry: CanadaDevice: iPhone XrOperating System: iOS 10 My Question or IssueMy premium account just renewed on 29 May. I am planning to cancel my premium account and revert back to the free version for now. Since I've paid on the 29th, ...

• Plan: Premium Country: Canada Device: iPhone Xr Operating System:  iOS 10   My Question or Issue My premium account just renewed on 29 May.  I am planning to cancel my premiu...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Security
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Incorrect username or password" after logging out and signing in again. Password change not helping

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceN/AOperating SystemWindows 10, Chrome Browser My Question or IssueI'm having a weird problem where anytime I log out (intentionally or not) I'm unable to login with my password. I get the "Incorrect username or password" error...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Device N/A Operating System Windows 10, Chrome Browser   My Question or Issue I'm having a weird problem where anytime I log out (intentionally or not) I'm unable...
  • Arya31
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Why does my discover weekly and release radar say it’s made for my husband?

When I click on my release radar or my discover weekly it shows “Made for {{husband’s account name}}”. Why aren’t these lists crafted for me? Why can I see/hear his playlists instead of mine?

• Casual Listener
  • When I click on my release radar or my discover weekly it shows “Made for {{husband’s account name}}”. Why aren’t these lists crafted for me? Why can I see/hear his playlists instead of mine?
  • AlejaR
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes