No ''My Year in Music 2016'' ?

Solved!
188 people liked this

No ''My Year in Music 2016'' ?

FilipSpotify
Regular

From what I can understand, Spotify's My Year In Music (2014, 2015) has this year been replaced by ''The Year in Music 2016: most succesful artists/songs/playlists etc''. 

And it disappoints me. Is there no personal year in music this time around? It's something I usually wait a whole year for in excitement to see which songs top my personal list because I have absolutely no clue which song was the most played; every year I have been surprised. And it's quite a nice surprise. 

If there is only ''The Year in Music 2016'' opposed to ''My Year in Music 2016'' I will be greatly disappointed. My taste is very mixed and does often not match what is popular within the mainstream and so must be the case for millions of users. Anyone have any info on this?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 56 people liked this

Re: No ''My Year in Music 2016'' ?

Rorey
Spotify Legend

Hey Community,

We understand there are a lot of questions around Wrapped – this year’s take on Year in Music. So we’ve put together the following FAQ to help clear up any confusion!

What is Wrapped?

Wrapped is this year’s answer to Year in Music. It consists of three different things:

• A hub in Browse > Genre & Moods full of playlists that highlight the best music 2016 had to offer.
  • A personalised ‘Your Top Songs 2016’ playlist. You can find yours in the Wrapped hub. Make sure you follow it!
  • Personal listening stats delivered directly to your inbox.

Why didn’t I get a Wrapped email?

To receive an email, you needed to meet the following criteria:

• Have opted into News & Offers email notifications.
  • Have enough listening history from January – late October for us to serve up your stats.
  • Have a valid email address registered to your Spotify account.
  • There are some other scenarios that could mean you don’t receive an email. For example, if you’ve ever marked a Spotify email as spam, or we received a bounceback when sending you an email in the past. Unfortunately, this is out of our hands. 

Update: We’ve finished rolling out a new batch of Wrapped emails. If you still haven’t gotten yours, it may be due to one of the reasons listed above. You can also check Browse for the "Your Top Songs 2016" personalised playlist.

Why did you change Year in Music?

We’d hoped to reach more people with this year’s campaign and we believe we have. We also really appreciate all the feedback you’ve given us here in the Community. We’re taking it all on board for next year.

Solution! 2 people liked this

pedrogbns
Regular

Now i managed to scroble in last.fm all plataforms that i use to listen music and now im using much more other plataforms over spotify. Before i tried to listen all i wanted on spotify just to get a more acurate statistics for the year. :c

Solution! 6 people liked this

simononline
Casual Listener

Hi Alex,

If you type spotify:app:genre:2016 (desktop) or spotify:genre:2016 (iOS) in Search and then hit Enter you can still get to ‘Your Top Songs 2016’ playlist.

Note that it doesn't appear until you hit Enter.

This similarly also works for the new ‘Your Top Songs 2017’ playlist. Just type spotify:app:genre:2017 (desktop) or spotify:genre:2017 (iOS) in Search and then hit Enter. Which will be helpful once 2017 Wrapped disappears from Browse.

Cheers

936 Replies
31 people liked this

jamf100
Regular
I'm hoping it'll be announced by the end of the week. They did the My Year of music last year about a week after they did overall Year in Music. So there's still hope.
10 people liked this

FilipSpotify
Regular

Oh! There is still hope!

40 people liked this

LucianoLeuwen
Casual Listener

'My Year in Music' is one of the highlights of this time of the year for me and I would be shocked if they had cancelled this service after having removed the daily top track list more than one year ago. 

23 people liked this

Jrknightmare
Regular
I too have been waiting patiently for my year in music and really hope they haven't cancelled it. Like the others said there is still hope.
16 people liked this

ottilial

Maan I really hope they keep it, I've been looking forward to it for so long since I've experienced a lot of new music this year! They better not get rid of it **bleep**, I love the idea of it so much.

25 people liked this

Len7
Casual Listener

Jeez, I'll be gutted if they don't do My Year in Music!! It's one of the higlights of December seeing what you've been listening to thorughout the year in each season and finally seeing which song ranked Number 1 on your most played. Hoping they release it this week....   *prays to the Spotify gods*

19 people liked this

CandaceM

Yes!! You don't have to look far to see people patiently waiting for their lists. I love this time of year for many reasons, including "my year in music". Such good music came out in 2016 and we are all proud of our playlists... It's also how I discover things I've missed! Thanks for this feature, Spotify! Don't keep us waiting too much longer ;) 

39 people liked this

niceguy1
"My Year in Music" is the only reason i haven't left Spotify yet. :D
So you better get it done :P
23 people liked this

Majisis
Casual Listener
One of my favorite things is to see how many hours I've been listening to music during the last year it often surprises me, also which my favorite song and artist of the year is. If it isn't a "My year in music" this year then I will be sad
SUGGESTED POSTS