Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Spotify symbol

Spotify symbol on my Samsung phone has changed to a place green android. Why? Can I change it back to normal richer green with black stripes?

• Visitor
  • Spotify symbol on my Samsung phone has changed to a place green android. Why? Can I change it back to normal richer green with black stripes?
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can i use my email from a deleted account for another account?

im trying to redirect emails about my main account to my main email, but i used my main email on another account i dont use anymore. i just deactivated my other account and it said i have 7 days to reactivate it. when i go to my main account to chang...

• Visitor
  • im trying to redirect emails about my main account to my main email, but i used my main email on another account i dont use anymore. i just deactivated my other account and it said i have 7 days to r...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I dont remember my password for my account and also dont remember the email

I can remember the username for my account but I don't know the password or the email used for the account to send and email to reset the password

• Casual Listener
  • I can remember the username for my account but I don't know the password or the email used for the account to send and email to reset the password
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Conta desativada

Por que minha conta foi desativada,por uma cobrança não autorizada, dia 10/12/2022 cancelei minha assinatura, cuja foi perdida dia 01/01/2023, dia 02/01/2023 assinei no cartão de

• Visitor
  • Por que minha conta foi desativada,por uma cobrança não autorizada, dia 10/12/2022 cancelei minha assinatura, cuja foi perdida dia 01/01/2023, dia 02/01/2023 assinei no cartão de 
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Popup podcast notifications in app -

I recently registered for a premium account. The experience has been pretty good, but i've noticed that i'm getting a popup in the ios app suggesting content (like a sponsored podcast) that I have to dismiss before i start listening to music. This is...

• Gig Goer
  • I recently registered for a premium account. The experience has been pretty good, but  i've noticed that i'm getting a popup in the ios app suggesting content (like a sponsored podcast) that I h...
  • kramttocs
  • Music Fan
  • 33 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 33 replies
  • 24 likes

Superuser Contribution doğum tarihi değiştirme

doğum tarihimi değiştiremiyorum facebook uma bağlı olduğu için ama zaten facebookta 2004 doğumlu olarak görünüyorum spotify da 1996 yazıyor yanlışlık var

• Visitor
  • doğum tarihimi değiştiremiyorum facebook uma bağlı olduğu için ama zaten facebookta 2004 doğumlu olarak görünüyorum spotify da 1996 yazıyor yanlışlık var
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant change my amail

When I try to change my email so I can get Spotify premium it says I already have an account to that email but then when I try to sign in it says that there is no account in that name. Even when I try to email a confirmation to reset stuff it wont se...

• Visitor
  • When I try to change my email so I can get Spotify premium it says I already have an account to that email but then when I try to sign in it says that there is no account in that name. Even when I tr...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

error "payment method and country don't match" when upgrading

error "payment method and country don't match" when upgrading to premium- Trouble on Android 13 Galaxy S22 Ultra and Ubuntu laptop. MS Windows is not an option. Also fails on Android app.- Google Chrome is disabled, and is not an option.- All permiss...

• Visitor
  • error "payment method and country don't match" when upgrading to premium - Trouble on Android 13 Galaxy S22 Ultra and Ubuntu laptop. MS Windows is not an option. Also fails on Android app. - Go...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Currently on a premium account with ex-boyfriend and need to move off of it

I would like to create my own premium account and need help removing myself from ex's family account onto a new one from me and not loose my music!

• I would like to create my own premium account and need help removing myself from ex's family account onto a new one from me and not loose my music!
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! After someone bought premium for me, my account became multiple accounts.

I asked others to help me buy my premium, but I don't know what's wrong with my account. First of all, the creator of my "playlist A" is only me "user A", but after the second purchase of premium, a second creator "user A" appeared in the playlist (b...

• I asked others to help me buy my premium, but I don't know what's wrong with my account. First of all, the creator of my "playlist A" is only me "user A", but after the second purchase of premium, a ...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't receive email to delete account?

I've went two times through the procedure to delete account yet spotify won't send the email to delete it. How long is it going to take? Hours? This was an hacked account I somehow managed to retrieve it and I know the mail works, since they sent me ...

• Visitor
  • I've went two times through the procedure to delete account yet spotify won't send the email to delete it. How long is it going to take? Hours? This was an hacked account I somehow managed to retriev...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity is broken

My account is cursed so im letting mods do their tinkering on it. My friend activity hasnt been working since 2 years ago and my friends see my activity but i dont see theirs. I have done a clean uninstall, spammed the buttons, cleaned cache, touched...

• Casual Listener
  • My account is cursed so im letting mods do their tinkering on it. My friend activity hasnt been working since 2 years ago and my friends see my activity but i dont see theirs. I have done a clean uni...
  • kaworu_bloodpaw
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution friends

spotify shows me that I should enable the option of sharing with my friends and I have the option turned on and I don't see my friend in the activity of friends, what's the problem?

• Gig Goer
  • spotify shows me that I should enable the option of sharing with my friends and I have the option turned on and I don't see my friend in the activity of friends, what's the problem?
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Estoy teniendo problemas para actualizar el método de pago

Quiero cambiar los datos de la tarjeta, y me sale “ Se produjo un error con el pago. Inténtalo de nuevo, usa otra tarjeta o prueba con otro método de pago. Visita nuestra página de ayuda”.

• Visitor
  • Quiero cambiar los datos de la tarjeta, y me sale “ Se produjo un error con el pago. Inténtalo de nuevo, usa otra tarjeta o prueba con otro método de pago. Visita nuestra página de ayuda”.
  • BabyEcho0_YT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't play songs!

It only say "Failed to enable Spotify social" when I try to play songs. I don't even have Spotify Social! Edit - Suddenly it began to work again, but still "Failed to enable Spotify social", that is nothing that should come up for me.

• Regular
  • It only say "Failed to enable Spotify social" when I try to play songs.   I don't even have Spotify Social!    Edit - Suddenly it began to work again, but still "Failed to enable S...
  • BabyEcho0_YT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

moved to other country, now I cannot add my kids to my account

14 years ago I moved from the Netherlands to Germany. I already had a spotify account registered to NL. Now, I updated to a premium account, and want to add my kids. However, Spotify complain that adding them under the German address creates a mismat...

• Visitor
  • 14 years ago I moved from the Netherlands to Germany. I already had a spotify account registered to NL. Now, I updated to a premium account, and want to add my kids. However, Spotify complain that ad...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Has Spotify issued changes for their terms effective March 24, 2023?

Received email asking me to click links to accept new terms or account will need to be cancelled.

• Visitor
  • Received email asking me to click links to accept new terms or account will need to be cancelled.
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account disabled

Plan- spotify studentspremium Country- U.S. Device- Iphone 13 Operating System- iOS 16.3 My Question or IssueMy mom has removed her card from my payment portal. I want to add my card in but now it says my account is disabled. It won't let me use my e...

• Visitor
  • Plan- spotify students premium  Country- U.S.   Device- Iphone 13   Operating System- iOS 16.3   My Question or Issue My mom has removed her card from my payment portal. ...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes