Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Ashyslashy
  • 922 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 922 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 111 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 111 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! How to Create or Have an Artist profile?

My song was released today, but it was address to a different person (artist) that has the same name as mine, I dont have an artist profile that's why the song was address to that artist and not to me. So how do i create an artist profile so that i c...

• Casual Listener
  • My song was released today,  but it was address to a different person (artist) that has the same name as mine, I dont have an artist profile that's why the song was address to that artist and no...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't Log in (Username/Password ~ Facebook ~ Email Link)

Issue: I can't log in on my phone, or on my new phone or on someone else's phone (I tried to log in with password / username and it didn't work, it stays "pressed" and goes blank again, logging in with Facebook doesn't works either, loads the Faceboo...

• Casual Listener
  • Issue:   I can't log in on my phone, or on my new phone or on someone else's phone (I tried to log in with password / username and it didn't work, it stays "pressed" and goes blank again, lo...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't accept my username even though it's correct

I recently bought a new laptop and wanted to get Spotify running on it as soon as possible. Apparently this was a problem, as the Windows app for Spotify didn't accept my username. I tried my primary email (which I already know for certain is the one...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently bought a new laptop and wanted to get Spotify running on it as soon as possible. Apparently this was a problem, as the Windows app for Spotify didn't accept my username. I tried my primary...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Money deducted for my student premium plan but account not activated

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDevice(Oneplus 6T)Operating System(Android 10.) My Question or IssueMoney deducted from my card but showed error something went wrong and my students premium account didn't activated. How can I get the refund for that or activa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country India Device (Oneplus 6T) Operating System (Android 10.)   My Question or Issue Money deducted from my card but showed error something went wrong and my students p...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Russian Logins and 2 Factor Authentication

Last month, my spotify was compromised 3 different times, and I changed the password 3 separate times to try to secure my account. Now today, within 8 hours, I had a russian login into my account, after changing both my password and email connected t...

• Visitor
  • Last month, my spotify was compromised 3 different times, and I changed the password 3 separate times to try to secure my account.  Now today, within 8 hours, I had a russian login into my accou...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
    Security
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution LOST OLD SPOTIFY ACCOUNT

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoHello, I had my account connected to my Facebook page but I deleted it. Spotify still worked fine, then I tried to connect it with another Facebook account and logged out, when trying to log back in, I couldn't so I created a ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Mexico Hello, I had my account connected to my Facebook page but I deleted it. Spotify still worked fine, then I tried to connect it with another Facebook account and logged ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Charged after cancellation?

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone 8, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Windows 10) My Question or IssueI went into the website and cancelled my Spotify premium and was given the date of 5/16/2020 that my account would swi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device (iPhone 8, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10,  Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I went into the website and cancelle...
  • ZackOverkill
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Other
    Premium
    Security
    Subscription
    Unlimited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Someone is in my account playing music.

PlanPremiumCountryUnites StatesDeviceLG My Question or IssueSomeone has been logged into my account and playing music from a web player. I have logged everyone out of devices and I've changed my password now 2 times and it still isn't helping.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Unites States Device LG   My Question or Issue Someone has been logged into my account and playing music from a web player. I have logged everyone out of devices and...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Permanently ban all content by Johnny Escutia worldwide

Johnny Escutia explicitly promotes rape, murder, pedophilia, and misogyny on his lyrics. He has openly sent death threats to artist Yuya (Mariand Castrejón Castañeda) and even has a song titled with her name where we describes how he pretends to rape...

• Visitor
  • Johnny Escutia explicitly promotes rape, murder, pedophilia, and misogyny on his lyrics. He has openly sent death threats to artist Yuya (Mariand Castrejón Castañeda) and even has a song titled with ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Security
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Paid for Premium Family, account shows just Premium

Plan: Premium FamilyCountry: Device: Web PageOperating System: Windows 10 I had myself kicked off of my brother-in-law's Premium Family so that I could start one of my own. I paid the full year in advance. My account shows as Premium, but I have no a...

• Plan: Premium Family Country:    Device: Web Page Operating System: Windows 10   I had myself kicked off of my brother-in-law's Premium Family so that I could start one...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Charged twice for two different premiums

PlanFamily PremiumCountrySingapore Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueMy family is sharing a family premium account and the bill is to my dad's card. Ho...

• Visitor
  • Plan Family Premium Country Singapore    Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Questio...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can I use my company name on account?

Hi,I read your policy but can't find an answer: can I use my company name for username?I would like to create playlists to share with my followers.Thanks for the reply!

• Visitor
  • Hi, I read your policy but can't find an answer: can I use my company name for username? I would like to create playlists to share with my followers. Thanks for the reply!  
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution unable to link Apple ID

when I check in my Apple ID it shows that the Spotify account is linked

• Visitor
  • when I check in my Apple ID it shows that the Spotify account is linked   <community rock star edit - removed personal info>
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Periodo di prova non funziona

Provando a riscattare i 3 mesi di Premium gratuiti mi dice che avevo già usufruito di un periodo di prova anche se non ho mai usufruito di altre prove, mi fa questo anche con un account appena creato con una mail appena creata, come posso risolvere ?

• Casual Listener
  • Provando a riscattare i 3 mesi di Premium gratuiti mi dice che avevo già usufruito di un periodo di prova anche se non ho mai usufruito di altre prove, mi fa questo anche con un account appena creato...
  • Jyesuu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists, liked songs, and recently played all missing

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMacBook AirOperating SystemCatalina My Question or IssueSo I recently stopped paying for a Premium account due to a card issue, and this seems to have logged me out of Spotify on all my devices. I logged back in, and found my...

• Plan Premium Country   Device MacBook Air Operating System Catalina   My Question or Issue So I recently stopped paying for a Premium account due to a card issue, and this seems t...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My profile or public playlists cannot be found

Hi, I've created an account to my company (it is still free), in Spain market, and no one can find the user/ profile using the Spotify search. The profile is with ThoughtWorks Madrid I've tried to do it through the computer and IOS Spotify app, but i...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I've created an account to my company (it is still free), in Spain market, and no one can find the user/ profile using the Spotify search.   The profile is with ThoughtWorks Madrid  ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Got a email frm spotify saying my account is closed and to reactive clicked the link said it wasn't

PlanFree/CountryUnited States DeviceSamsung Galaxy S10eOperating System Android My Question or IssueWant to recover account if it can't get recovered can I have all my liked songs transferred?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/ Country United  States  Device Samsung Galaxy S10e Operating System  Android    My Question or Issue Want to recover account if it can't get recovered ca...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Prenium duo.. are playlists mixed? My bf and I want our libraries SEPARATE..

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Display Name Option not appearing on my Premium account

HelloI'm trying to change my display name but when I follow the instructions posted previously, there is no "Display Name" option in my "Edit Profile" section. I've tried both on mobile (Iphone 6) and laptop (Macbook Pro running Mojave 10.14.6 using ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I'm trying to change my display name but when I follow the instructions posted previously, there is no "Display Name" option in my "Edit Profile" section.   I've tried both on mobi...
  • micahvandijk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

unknown people keep logging into my account

Hi, It started last night that someone strangely has been secretly logging in and playing their music using my account. I have never experience this matter before. I have changed my password, username, email address and clicking the 'sign out everywh...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   It started last night that someone strangely has been secretly logging in and playing their music using my account. I have never experience this matter before.   I have changed my...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes