Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to login on android app

I am unable to login via the App on Android. The username and password combination is correct as I am able to login on the web platform. Whenever I type in the credentials, I get the error message that I am offline. I have verified that I am connecte...

• Visitor
  • I am unable to login via the App on Android. The username and password combination is correct as I am able to login on the web platform. Whenever I type in the credentials, I get the error message th...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot log in to TV app and xbox app

PlanPremium duoCountryFranceDeviceXbox, Philips TVOperating SystemWindows 10 and Android My Question or Issue Hi,I am logged to my computer app and my phone app and can play music but when I try to play the music on my xbox one or TV app, it asks me ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium duo Country France Device Xbox, Philips TV Operating System Windows 10 and Android   My Question or Issue   Hi, I am logged to my computer app and my phone app and ...
  • jabermeh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Login
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Need help retrieving my acount..

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11 & Windows 10Operating SystemiOS 10 & Windows 10 My Question or IssueI had my account connected to Facebook. I delete my Facebook account and so I decide to unlink it with my Spotify. I didn't have a problem for a ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 & Windows 10 Operating System iOS 10 & Windows 10   My Question or Issue I had my account connected to Facebook. I delete my F...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Posting a playlist on Facebook

My Question or IssueTrying to upload/post a Playlist on Facebook. Doesn't work

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue Trying to upload/post a Playlist on Facebook. Doesn't work  
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Security] Question about Spotify Connect open connections?

My Question or IssueI had a question/suggestion related to this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Security-hole-Remote-control-devices-on-other-networks-through/td-p/4577666 TL;DR: Spotify intentionally remembers all speakers it has played t...

• Casual Listener
  • ...n issue where a public facing api allowed anyone online to get the noise level from the speaker, allowing someone to potentially know if people are home or not. Which was not awesome. Anyway, this c...
  • MellyNL
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Security
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot login on Android

DevicePixel 2Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHello, since today I am having issues logging in from my Pixel phone. Logging in on a desktop, or Chrome mobile works. I have tried- uninstalling- wiping cache- login with Facebook- login wi...

• Regular
  • Device Pixel 2 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Hello, since today I am having issues logging in from my Pixel phone. Logging in on a desktop, or Chrome mobile works. I h...
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot gather Spotify data

I've requested Spotify to gather my data a while ago and now that it has arrived I cannot download it because Spotify asks me to reauthenticate with Facebook for security purposes. Exact message: "For security purposes we need you to re-authenticate ...

• Visitor
  • I've requested Spotify to gather my data a while ago and now that it has arrived I cannot download it because Spotify asks me to reauthenticate with Facebook for security purposes. Exact message: "Fo...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Change Email Address

PlanPremiumCountry us DeviceHP EnvyOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or IssueHello, when I created my account I used my facebook. I would like to update my email address, but it wouldn't let me because it was hooked up to facebook. I created a p...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  us   Device HP Envy Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello, when I created my account I used my facebook. I would like to update my e...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Creating new account with same email address

My Question or IssueI had closed my Spotify account which used a certain email address. I now want to create a new Spotify account using the same email address, but whenever I try to Sign Up, it says "This email is already connected to an account". M...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue I had closed my Spotify account which used a certain email address. I now want to create a new Spotify account using the same email address, but whenever I try to Sign Up, it sa...
  • Vivek5
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I lost account

My account was hacked. The cracker changed the account email and password. I can the login to the account and the e-mail to which it was registered. But the worst thing is not even that I lost my account. The account had a premium subscription, which...

• My account was hacked. The cracker changed the account email and password. I can the login to the account and the e-mail to which it was registered. But the worst thing is not even that I lost my acc...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't edit profile or password after disconnecting Facebook

PlanPremiumCountryUSAOperating SystemWindowsMy Question or IssueI originally created a free account through my facebook account. I disconnected my Facebook account, but I cannot update my email address or create a new password. How do I get my accoun...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Operating System Windows My Question or Issue I originally created a free account through my facebook account. I disconnected my Facebook account, but I cannot update ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile Edit Problems

PlanStudent PremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceMacbook Pro 2018Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueI am trying to edit my username from a string of letters to my actual name. I try and edit my profile details, but the edit button is g...

• Plan Student Premium Country United States of America Device Macbook Pro 2018 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue I am trying to edit my username from a string of letters to...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How I can change my USER name (not DISPLAY name)

Hello!If there any way to change USER name, not DISPLAY name? For example this account have self-chosen name - https://open.spotify.com/user/hospitalrecordsI also represent a music-label and this name is very important for us, because we need to send...

• Visitor
  • Hello! If there any way to change USER name, not DISPLAY name? For example this account have self-chosen name - https://open.spotify.com/user/hospitalrecords I also represent a music-label and this...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution trouble logging in with apple id

FreeUnited States Hello, I have had a free spotify account for the past 3 months and I was able to enjoy listening to music up until a couple of hours ago, when spotify logged me out of all of my devices. I was logging in with my apple id, but when I...

• Visitor
  • Free United States   Hello, I have had a free spotify account for the past 3 months and I was able to enjoy listening to music up until a couple of hours ago, when spotify logged me out of al...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My email service will end

My mail will stop working by the end of the year. My email service is ending. I log in to Spotify via facebook. When I change my email address on Facebook, can I access my Spotify account? Email cannot be changed to Spotify. What should I do?

• Roadie
  •   My mail will stop working by the end of the year. My email service is ending. I log in to Spotify via facebook. When I change my email address on Facebook, can I access my Spotify account? Em...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Someone made an account using my other email address. It was not me. I need to get it taken down.

Spoiler (Highlight to read) This account is not related to my main account other than being under my OTHER email. Someone just today registered an account using my other email address, not the one this account is under, but another email address of m...

D3661301-4927-4B6E-8391-B7A826E4A59D.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  •   This account is not related to my main account other than being under my OTHER email. Someone just today registered an account using my other email address, not the one this account is under,...
  • ohnukiss
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Weak security - please log complaints to ICO (Information Commissioner's Office)

I like many users are constantly and repeatedly having my account hacked. Spotify do not seem to care and it is obvious that their systems are weak and do NOT comply with data protection laws. I therefore please ask all users affected to log a compla...

• Regular
  • I like many users are constantly and repeatedly having my account hacked. Spotify do not seem to care and it is obvious that their systems are weak and do NOT comply with data protection laws. I ther...
  • MichaelSawers
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I think i have a dublicate account

I was logged in from my facebook account but one day i logged in from my email and there was no playilists or favorite songs so i decided to link my facebook account but it didnt worked...is there any way to fix this?

• I was logged in from my facebook account but one day i logged in from my email and there was no playilists or favorite songs so i decided to link my facebook account but it didnt worked...is there an...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can log in with username but not with e-mail address

Hi community!I just created a password for my Spotify account because I wish to disconnect it completely from my facebook account.It did work, but I never managed to login using my e-mail address, only my username. That's all on PC, on both the app a...

• Visitor
  • Hi community! I just created a password for my Spotify account because I wish to disconnect it completely from my facebook account. It did work, but I never managed to login using my e-mail address...
  • Elena
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Username and password are correct however cannot log in

Hello on Mobile I am trying to connect my spotify account to facebook however when I go to the social options in settings the option to link is not there. And if the account is already linked is there anyway I can check which facebook account it is l...

• Visitor
  • Hello on Mobile I am trying to connect my spotify account to facebook however when I go to the social options in settings the option to link is not there. And if the account is already linked is ther...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes