Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution My username is just numbers. No way to change that?

PlanPremiumCountry ICEDevice(iPhone 7, Lenovo)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueHiIn community and account I've can log in with my username but when I log in elsewhere, to the app in computer and phone, I need to use numbers... and the...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  ICE Device (iPhone 7, Lenovo) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Hi In community and account I've can log in with my username but when I l...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can´t find friends

PlanPremiumCountry Portugal Operating SystemWindows 7My Question or Issue Even with facebook connected to spotify i can´t find new friends, that just starts searching and never ends.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Portugal   Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue  Even with facebook connected to spotify i can´t find new friends, that just starts sea...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Logging in to Spotify for Roku with a Facebook based id

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: Roku Stick I recently noticed that the Roku software for Spotify was back (it had been pulled recently while waiting on an upgrade - the old version wasnt very good). I was interested to see what the upgrades were. I...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Country: USA  Device: Roku Stick     I recently noticed that the Roku software for Spotify was back (it had been pulled recently while waiting on an upg...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution RECENT RELEASES NOT PLAYABLE nor ADDABLE TO PLAYLIST

Plan FreeCountry PanamaDevice HP LaptopOperating SystemWindows 7 ultimate My Question or Issue I believe this started on or about 30 JANUARY where I cannot add a new release to my existing playlist, nor will it play. It appears as a ghosted song with...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Panama Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows 7 ultimate   My Question or Issue   I believe this started on or about 30 JANUARY where I cannot add a new rel...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music in our event

PlanPremiumFinland My Question or Issue I am a student and as a part of my studies I am organizing an event with 5 other students. The event is free and there are going to be about 70-100 people participating. We want to play backround music in the e...

• Plan Premium Finland    My Question or Issue   I am a student and as a part of my studies I am organizing an event with 5 other students. The event is free and there are going to...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Not Showing Facebook Name After Reactivation

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDesktop and Google Pixel 3Operating SystemWindows 10 and Android Pi My Question or Issue I recently deactivated my Facebook account that I used to create the spotify account with and now my name is a bunch of letters and n...

• Plan Premium Country USA  Device Desktop and Google Pixel 3 Operating System Windows 10 and Android Pi   My Question or Issue  I recently deactivated my Facebook account that...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Reset password, account wiped or returned to earlier state

PlanFreeCountryUnited States DeviceMacbook Air and Macbook ProOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I just set up my new work computer (Macbook Pro, using High Sierra), logged out of spotify on my old computer (...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States   Device Macbook Air and Macbook Pro Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I just set up my n...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot change email or password

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceAny My spotify account is linked with facebook (unfortunately) after looking at my profile today my account had some temporary email on it "**yop mail**". A few months ago my account was hacked and my account was...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device Any   My spotify account is linked with facebook (unfortunately) after looking at my profile today my account had some temporary email on...
  • fedeblanco
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps signing me out

i Have a iPhone and a Mac. Everytime I open Spotify on either device I’m signed out. I don’t know exactly how long it take to sign me out but I listen about 2x a day and both times I have to sign back in and it’s really annoying. It didn’t use to do ...

• i Have a iPhone and a Mac. Everytime I open Spotify on either device I’m signed out. I don’t know exactly how long it take to sign me out but I listen about 2x a day and both times I have to sign bac...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account email changed?

I am a spotify premium subscriber and starting last week I haven't been able to sign in. I have reviewed all of the "help" docs regarding, password resets, unlinking from fb (I don't have facebook) etc. When I do the reset password option and use my ...

• I am a spotify premium subscriber and starting last week I haven't been able to sign in.  I have reviewed all of the "help" docs regarding, password resets, unlinking from fb (I don't have faceb...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium and Songs missing

PlanPremium 3 Month TrialCountryCanadaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter being forcibly logged out earlier today, when I logged into my account again(which it would not allow me to use my username and I had to use my email i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium 3 Month Trial Country Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After being forcibly logged out earlier today, when I logged into my account agai...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify name in Chinese

Hi! I'm currently a student on premium plan in Australia. I am Chinese so I have both a Chinese name and an English name. My display name and account setting are set to English since that is my first language. However, it appears that recently, my ac...

• Hi! I'm currently a student on premium plan in Australia. I am Chinese so I have both a Chinese name and an English name. My display name and account setting are set to English since that is my first...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant connect my account correctly with mail and facebook

PlanPremium My Question or Issue Hi,after three hours of browsing support centre and community i am pretty frustrated. And all i wanted is to connect my account both with e-mail and facebook. My old account was connected to my old facebook. I wanted ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue  Hi, after three hours of browsing support centre and community i am pretty frustrated. And all i wanted is to connect my account both with e-mail a...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Plan familiar premium

Hola invito a alguien de mi familia a unirse al plan premium familiar sin embargo al ceptar la invitación no se puede unir al plan he intentado varias veces Plan/PremiumCountry ChileDevice(iPhone)Operating System(iOS) My Question or Issue Hola invito...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola invito a alguien de mi familia a unirse al plan premium familiar sin embargo al ceptar la invitación no se puede unir al plan he intentado varias veces  Plan /Premium Country  Chil...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Username Changed After Being Hacked

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceIphone7Operating SystemiOS 11.2.1 My Question or Issue After my account was compromised earlier this month my username changed from my actual name to a bunch of numbers. I solved the first problem but my username is still ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Iphone7 Operating System iOS 11.2.1   My Question or Issue  After my account was compromised earlier this month my username changed from my...
  • Scumbalina
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Security
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Account doesn't update recently played

A few days ago, I was playing music on desktop when my computer crashed (pretty sure it's not spotify's fault though) and I had to turn it off "the hard way" with the song still playing but like a broken record, stuck at a certain point. Since then, ...

• Music Fan
  • A few days ago, I was playing music on desktop when my computer crashed (pretty sure it's not spotify's fault though) and I had to turn it off "the hard way" with the song still playing but like a br...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Personal recommendation

PlanPremium Device(iPhone,)Operating System(iOS, Windows 10,etc.) I have account but didn't using it two years. Now I am returning back. I have using my account 5 days but still have old playlists in "Made for you" section (2017), old "Top recommenda...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device (iPhone,) Operating System (iOS,  Windows 10,etc.)   I have account but didn't using it two years. Now I am returning back. I have using my account 5 days...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Email to set up "device password" is not reaching my inbox

I would like to use Spotify on my samsung galaxy watch; therefore i have to set up a device pw, to login on my watch (on my phone i use my FB-account to connect with spotify); i do not get any email to set up a PW, i checked also the "spam folder"......

• I would like to use Spotify on my samsung galaxy watch; therefore i have to set up a device pw, to login on my watch (on my phone i use my FB-account to connect with spotify); i do not get any email ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Want to unlink Facebook from one account and link it to my other account

Hi!A long time ago, I made a Spotify account attached to my Facebook. However, I never used it, and instead used another Spotify more. Is there any way for me to delete the other account and connect my Facebook to the account I actually use? I don't ...

• Hi! A long time ago, I made a Spotify account attached to my Facebook. However, I never used it, and instead used another Spotify more. Is there any way for me to delete the other account and connec...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! no email to link new family member through

PlanFamily/PremiumCountry AustraliaDevice iPhone 8Operating System(iOS 10, My Question or Issue My daughter already has a free account that was set up through facebook and we have just upgraded to premium. The facebook account doesnt have an email. s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family/Premium Country  Australia Device iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 10,   My Question or Issue  My daughter already has a free account that was set up through faceboo...
  • fionanmark
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes