Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Casual Listener
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution What happened to SORT by title or artist?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5g Operating System Android My Question or IssueI used to be able to sort by title or artist. It's gone! Now I hear the SAME handful of songs OVER AND OVER! Am I missing something?THANKS for your he...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5g   Operating System  Android   My Question or Issue I used to be able to sort by title or artist. It's gone!&...
  • Yordan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can't listen a music sended by whatsapp

If someone send to me by Whatsapp a link to listen a music on spotify, when i click on the the link, Spotify open but on the last listen music and I don't find the sended music.

• Visitor
  • If someone send to me by Whatsapp a link to listen a music on spotify, when i click on the the link, Spotify open but on the last listen music and I don't find the sended music.
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why Can't I video record a song?

I want to record a song to post it on my Instagram stories. But when i open the video i recorded there's no sound. Is there any way to fix it?

• Visitor
  • I want to record a song to post it on my Instagram stories. But when i open the video i recorded there's no sound. Is there any way to fix it?
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant play my list

Hi I got preminium then my lists cant played.I delete my all lists and create new list I can play in pc but in android I camt see all lists(suggested etc.) what can I do now?

• Hi I got preminium then my lists cant played.I delete my all lists and create new list I can play in pc but in android I camt see all lists(suggested etc.) what can I do now?   
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to remove podcast from recently played in android?

There is no option to remove any song , playlist or podcast from recently played. A podcast was there which I don't want to be there in recently played . It got played by accident. I tried to remove but I was not able.Please help.

• Visitor
  • There is no option to remove any song , playlist or podcast from recently played. A podcast was there which I don't want to be there in recently played . It got played by accident. I tried to remove ...
  • vaajy
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Reshuffling on Android.

Hello! I am wondering how I can reshuffle my playlists on Android?When I open the app it'll continue playing the track I was listening to last, and after that it will go to the first, second, third tracks etc. of the last shuffle. It's always the sam...

• Visitor
  • Hello!   I am wondering how I can reshuffle my playlists on Android? When I open the app it'll continue playing the track I was listening to last, and after that it will go to the first, se...
  • Lyubka
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Interaction between Google Smart Lock and Spotify

Hi everyone I have a query about the effect of Google Smart Lock on Spotify in the context of having completed a factory reset on my Android phone. Here is what I have observed: 1: Completed factory reset on Android phone.2: Set-up phone again after ...

• Hi everyone   I have a query about the effect of Google Smart Lock on Spotify in the context of having completed a factory reset on my Android phone.  Here is what I have observed: &nbsp...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Added to que notification bubble hidden behind keyboard in Andoid

When we add song to que directly from search tab by swiping the song right,the notification bubble is hidden behind the keyboard, if we don't do back within 3sec, added to que bubble disappears and there is no option other then going to que section a...

• When we add song to que directly from search tab by swiping the song right, the notification bubble is hidden behind the keyboard, if we don't do back within 3sec, added to que bubble disappears and...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution really weird aesthetic change

PlanFreeCountryUSDevice(Galaxy A13 5G) My Question or IssueSome really weird aesthetic changes happened on my spotify, and its really annoying me. First of all, song previews are gone, and i cant see song covers either. The edit playlist button is al...

•   Plan Free Country US Device (Galaxy A13 5G)   My Question or Issue Some really weird aesthetic changes happened on my spotify, and its really annoying me. First of all, song prev...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Usability issue: unable to save radio from radio page.

On Android the radio page does not allow to save the radio as a Playlist, follow it, like it etc. So there is no easy way to keep a radio in the library once it's playing. It's a major paint point for me since I mostly listen to radios. PlanPremiumCo...

• Regular
  • On Android the radio page does not allow to save the radio as a Playlist, follow it, like it etc. So there is no easy way to keep a radio in the library once it's playing. It's a major paint point fo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I get Spotify only pause if a message comes through

Whenever I get a message from Facebook messenger the music doesn't just pause, it stops playing completely and I have to open the app to press play to continue. All permissions are allowed via my phone settings for the Spotify app.

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I get a message from Facebook messenger the music doesn't just pause, it stops playing completely and I have to open the app to press play to continue. All permissions are allowed via my p...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Acesso o app, mas não as musicas ...

O celular de meu filho mais novo não tem ship de operadora celular, apenas conexão por Wifi, é um Asus X018D com Android 7.0 Conecto na conta do Spotify e abre as imagens das capas das playlist`s, mas ao abrir informa que esta playlist está vazia e p...

• Visitor
  • O celular de meu filho mais novo não tem ship de operadora celular, apenas conexão por Wifi, é um Asus X018D com Android 7.0 Conecto na conta do Spotify e abre as imagens das capas das playlist`s, ma...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to initiate premium payment

PlanFree/PremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceRealme 9 Pro+Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueI want to buy a premium account for 1 month, but every time I've verified my payment method with the OTP verification and everything, the web page force...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Indonesia Device Realme 9 Pro+ Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue I want to buy a premium account for 1 month, but every time I've verifie...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing the Volume while not being on the App

Hello, I use a OnePlus 8 Pro with android 12. I know that it used to be possible to change the volume of spotify connect on other devices, while not being on the spotify app. But somehow, now it is not possible anymore? Does anyone know if there are ...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I use a OnePlus 8 Pro with android 12. I know that it used to be possible to change the volume of spotify connect on other devices, while not being on the spotify app. But somehow, now it is n...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked songs gone, app won't show or play any songs or display playlists/artist pages etc.

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung A20Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueFor the past day I have not been able to use the Spotify Android App in any way. I also use the app on my iPad and my computer with no issue, it's just my phone....

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung A20 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue For the past day I have not been able to use the Spotify Android App in any way. I al...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Troubleshooting

Unable to change track playtime or skip to particular time because cursor is not there.Unable to switch to previous song.Unable to get lyrics.  please help

Screenshot_2022-11-06-18-55-04-38_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg
  • Unable to change track playtime or skip to particular time because cursor is not there. Unable to switch to previous song. Unable to get lyrics.    please help  
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Missing features (Lyrics and playback song color)

PlanPremiumDeviceHuawei Mate 10 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 8 My Question or IssueThere has been some problems with the app or maybe my account, I haven't tested other accounts on my phone, the playback (spotify miniplayer notif) color has never show...

• Plan Premium Device Huawei Mate 10 Lite Operating System Android 8   My Question or Issue There has been some problems with the app or maybe my account, I haven't tested other accounts o...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify home screen showing way too big album icons

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy note 9Operating SystemAndroid pie My Question or IssueMy Spotify home screen is showing very big album icons since last app update.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy note 9 Operating System Android pie   My Question or Issue My Spotify home screen is showing very big album icons since last app updat...
  • vaajy
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Screen flickers when starting Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHonor 9XOperating SystemAndroid 10 (EMUI 10.0.0.347) My Question or IssueAfter the latest update, I cannot start Spotify properly. When I try to start, then Spotify flickers. Not sure, what causes it or if it is just my...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Honor 9X Operating System Android 10 (EMUI 10.0.0.347)   My Question or Issue After the latest update, I cannot start Spotify properly. When I try t...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes