Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

only playing on shuffle

My music is only playing on shuffle and when I try to pick a song from my playlist it says I need to upgrade to premium of which I don't have the resources to do so.

• My music is only playing on shuffle and when I try to pick a song from my playlist it says I need to upgrade to premium of which I don't have the resources to do so.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Se desconecta

Por favor ayuda tengo un par de años usando spotify y hace 3 semanas empezó a fallar, estoy escuchando Música en modo offline y después de 6 canciones se apaga la aplicación. Ayuda como lo solucionó

• Por favor ayuda tengo un par de años usando spotify y hace 3 semanas empezó a fallar, estoy escuchando Música en modo offline y después de 6 canciones se apaga la aplicación. Ayuda como lo solucionó
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android notifications disrupt music

Galaxy s5, Spotify 2.4.0.815 When a notification arrives, such as an email or hangout message, the volume goes out for a second then comes back. I have seen references to this being an issue in the past, and everyone says it is fixed? My phone is hav...

• Music Fan
  • Galaxy s5, Spotify 2.4.0.815   When a notification arrives, such as an email or hangout message, the volume goes out for a second then comes back. I have seen references to this being an issue...
  • pulque
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing music stored on SD

Is it possible to play music stored in the SD card. This are song files from iTunes and CD's copied from my computer to my SD card, not downloaded from the Spotify app amd made available offline.

• Regular
  • Is it possible to play music stored in the SD card. This are song files from iTunes and CD's copied from my computer to my SD card, not downloaded from the Spotify app amd made available offline.
  • CE_1990
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Will downloaded songs play from my device, instead of streaming, when NOT in offline mode

As the subject asks, will songs downloaded to my device (phone in this case) play before they are streamed when NOT in offline mode. If I go to my playlist of downloaded songs and click on a song, will that song play from the device or will it stream...

• As the subject asks, will songs downloaded to my device (phone in this case) play before they are streamed when NOT in offline mode.   If I go to my playlist of downloaded songs and click on a...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps deleting my music

Fix this.One minute ill be downloading new songs, setting up playlists, then my entire library gets wiped. Had to redownload my entire library 3 times this week.You also cant rearrange playlists, drag songs back and forth in order with the android ap...

• Fix this. One minute ill be downloading new songs, setting up playlists, then my entire library gets wiped. Had to redownload my entire library 3 times this week. You also cant rearrange playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music undownloads whenever I close the app

Hi, I'm on the Galaxy S5 and whevnever I open Spotify It's always downloading 30 to 100 songs, even after I've downloaded them. It's been happening for about 2 to 3 weeks ever since I downloaded 2 new albums, and I've deleted those albums to see if t...

• Hi,      I'm on the Galaxy S5 and whevnever I open Spotify It's always downloading 30 to 100 songs, even after I've downloaded them. It's been happening for about 2 to 3 weeks ever si...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends/Artist Noitifications suddenly stopped working

Greetings! Noticed that my friends/arttist notifications stopped updating 4 days ago. I also tried sharing a couple of songs, but they didn't show up either. I deleted cache, but no effect. wondering if anyone else is having this issue? Or at the ver...

• Visitor
  • Greetings!   Noticed that my friends/arttist notifications stopped updating 4 days ago. I also tried sharing a couple of songs, but they didn't show up either. I deleted cache, but no eff...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

New music notifications

Is there anywhere in the application where I can view the new music notifications that are pushed to my phone? They often get removed from restarting or accidental swiping, then I can't remember what the notification said. If not it might be a nice f...

• Is there anywhere in the application where I can view the new music notifications that are pushed to my phone? They often get removed from restarting or accidental swiping, then I can't remember what...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

It keeps making notification sound for nothing

When I use it it makes notification sounds from time to time. But just sounds. Not real notifications. And it only happens when I use Spotify. Can you help me ? Thanks.

• When I use it it makes notification sounds from time to time. But just sounds. Not real notifications. And it only happens when I use Spotify. Can you help me ? Thanks.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New - need help with playlists

How do you get the playlist you created to only play the songs you add to it? Also, Shuffle only plays the first song I added. I am only on my phone not a PC

• How do you get the playlist you created to only play the songs you add to it?  Also, Shuffle only plays the first song I added.  I am only on my phone not a PC
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Different options

Hey Hello, My Questions is why are there different options in webplayer and adroid app? for example in webplayer I can choose to see lyrics and I can add maps for my playlists.Webplayer also shows me more possibilities of music. I like this. Suggesti...

• Music Fan
  • Hey Hello,   My Questions is why are there different options in webplayer and adroid app?   for example in webplayer I can choose to see lyrics and I can add maps for my playlists. Web...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost playlist

I accidentally logged out of my Spotify app. I had to reset my password. When I got back in my playlist was gone. Can anyone help?

• I accidentally logged out of my Spotify app. I had to reset my password. When I got back in my playlist was gone. Can anyone help?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Customize home page on android

I have not found a way to have the app default to my playlists page when I open it. Each time I have to click on the menu, then Your Library, and lastly Playlists.It would be a great feature to have. Less looking and clicking, more/faster listening. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have not found a way to have the app default to my playlists page when I open it. Each time I have to click on the menu, then Your Library, and lastly Playlists. It would be a great feature to h...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

App freezes every time it's opened

I'm using Spotify version 5.4.0.858 on a Samsung Galaxy S4 and Spotify always freezes when I try to open it. I get a message saying "Spotify is not responding..." every time it's opened. On top of that I get a notification that says"No storage area f...

• I'm using Spotify version 5.4.0.858 on a Samsung Galaxy S4 and Spotify always freezes when I try to open it. I get a message saying "Spotify is not responding..." every time it's opened. On top of th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Spotify
    storage
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Stations stop after 15-20 songs

Radio Stations just stop playing after a certain amount of songs have played / been skipped. I haven't measured exactly how many songs, but it feels like 15 to 20 songs maybe. It's as if the radio stations became a playlist instead of an actual radio...

• Casual Listener
  • Radio Stations just stop playing after a certain amount of songs have played / been skipped. I haven't measured exactly how many songs, but it feels like 15 to 20 songs maybe. It's as if the rad...
  • Halamantariel
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Help- Preminum user unable to listen to music offline

I have a LG tablet and a Preminum subscriber. I have downloaded music but I am unable to listen to songs offline. Please help. Thanks!

• I have a LG tablet and a Preminum subscriber. I have downloaded music but I am unable to listen to songs offline. Please help.   Thanks!
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast Tab not showing and not able to subscribe to podcasts

Hi @everyone, I have the following problem:I want to subscribe to a podcast (Fest & Flauschig by Olli Schulz and Jan Böhmermann) but it is not possible for me. I have an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini), I got Spotify Free, I live in Germany (a...

• Hi @everyone,   I have the following problem: I want to subscribe to a podcast (Fest & Flauschig by Olli Schulz and Jan Böhmermann) but it is not possible for me.   I have an Andro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music shuffling with in shuffle play

When I'm listening to an album instead of it going to the next song it skips around, without me being in shuffle play. How can i get this to stop and just go to the next song? I am a premium user

• When I'm listening to an album instead of it going to the next song it skips around, without me being in shuffle play. How can i get this to stop and just go to the next song? I am a premium user
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android TV app, no 2.1 sound and bad controlling

Hi' I have noticed there is no sub when using the app for Android TV.On my receiver, it just says 2.0, not 2.1 as it should. Every other app works as it should with this. And the control. To get out of the app, I have to push home button. That is no ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi'   I have noticed there is no sub when using the app for Android TV. On my receiver, it just says 2.0, not 2.1 as it should. Every other app works as it should with this.   And the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes