Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Radio doesn't work

For months now, my Radio function's simply given me the screen "Error - Failed to load."I'm given no further information on this and simply had to depend on anonymous forms up to now. I've attempted disabling my firewall, using a different client, ac...

• For months now, my Radio function's simply given me the screen "Error - Failed to load." I'm given no further information on this and simply had to depend on anonymous forms up to now. I've att...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play the current song

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Canada Device desktop home built 16gb ramOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have over 90,000 mp3s, took several attempts to load it. When I lick on play in Local Files it will start playing my collection, but, e...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Canada   Device  desktop home built 16gb ram Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have over 90,000 mp3s, took several attempts...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Experimental Features - Classical Works

PlanPremiumCountry USA Operating SystemWindows My Question or Issue There is an Experimental Features called Classical Works available for Premium members. Is this available for ALL premium members or has it only been rolled out to some? I'd like to ...

• Plan Premium Country  USA   Operating System Windows    My Question or Issue  There is an Experimental Features called Classical Works available for Premium members....
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

POPUP disabled but still showing on screen

Hello, im having a problem with the popup option, when i switch tracks with my keyboard the popup shows the next song, but i have the option disabled at configuration.I have to enter the configuration, enable and disable the option, after that the po...

•   Hello, im having a problem with the popup option, when i switch tracks with my keyboard the popup shows the next song, but i have the option disabled at configuration. I have to enter the co...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Settings keeps resetting after restarting PC...

IssueEvery time i restart my PC the settings revert back even if I changed them. I have no clue when spotify saves the settings but it seems to be at random and its really annoying. This seems to be a well known issue since it was supposed to be fixe...

• Issue Every time i restart my PC the settings revert back even if I changed them. I have no clue when spotify saves the settings but it seems to be at random and its really annoying. This seems to b...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Error 17 in spotify

Hi! I use Spotify couple of months and in a moment it stopped working. I understand that I don't live in a country where officially there is Spotify but would like to continue to listen to Spotify because I like the selection of music and I love Spot...

• Hi! I use Spotify couple of months and in a moment it stopped working. I understand that I don't live in a country where officially there is Spotify but would like to continue to liste...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in to spotify desktop version

PlanFreeCountryNew ZealandDeviceHP Elitebook 840 G2Operating SystemWindows 10 latest updateMy Question or IssueSi I'm not entirely sure what is going on. One day i'm able to use spotify perfectly fine, and then the next day I can't seem to access my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country New Zealand Device HP Elitebook 840 G2 Operating System Windows 10 latest update My Question or Issue Si I'm not entirely sure what is going on. One day i'm able to use spo...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle of large playlists doesn't work properly

PlanPremiumCountry: Germany Device:Samsung Galaxy S8+ and Windows PCOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 7 My Question or Issue I've created some very large playlists that sometimes contain 600 tracks and more. There are also many tracks of a single...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country: Germany   Device: Samsung Galaxy S8+ and Windows PC Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 7   My Question or Issue  I've created some very large...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Is Spotify blocking China IPs?

PlanPremiumCountry China MainlandDevicePC & iPhone SEOperating SystemWindows 8.1 & iOS 12 My Question or Issue Theres 2 problems I've already have.First one is, I find that I can't use Spotify from 2 hours before until now. Wondering if Spotify block...

• Plan Premium Country  China Mainland Device PC & iPhone SE Operating System Windows 8.1 & iOS 12   My Question or Issue  Theres 2 problems I've already have. Fi...
  • ShiroRecord
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist restarts from first track

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 pro My Question or Issue My playlists keep jumping back to the beginning - back to the first track.This has been a problem on & off for users for years, and no permanent solution seems to ha...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 pro   My Question or Issue  My playlists keep jumping back to the beginning - back to the first track. Thi...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlist image, description and title being removed.

I had made a playlist for the upcoming Reading Festival in England. The previous playlist picture contained an image that, I assume, was claimed by festival republic and removed. I have since changed the image (to one that I took myself) and descript...

• Regular
  • I had made a playlist for the upcoming Reading Festival in England. The previous playlist picture contained an image that, I assume, was claimed by festival republic and removed. I have since changed...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to add thousands of local songs (7500+ songs) to my library

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceCustom desktop PC (Ryzen 7 1800x, 16GB DDR4-3200MHz, RTX 2080)Operating SystemWindows 10 64-bit My Question or IssueI recently upgraded to premium and am trying to integrate my local collection of music I've built up over ma...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Custom desktop PC (Ryzen 7 1800x, 16GB DDR4-3200MHz, RTX 2080) Operating System Windows 10 64-bit   My Question or Issue I recently upgraded to premium a...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong song?

PlanPremiumCountryNorth AmericaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueWhenever I attempt to play the song Instagram by DEAN, the song Indica Badu from Logic comes uo? I've tried closing, and reinstalling spotify and nothing works. Is t...

• Plan Premium Country North America Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Whenever I attempt to play the song Instagram by DEAN, the song Indica Badu from Logic co...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing after a few days

Every few days, which is when i notice it, spotify will stop playing songs. saved songs will always work, but if i try to listen to a new artist or to any song that has not been saved to my favorite songs, the album art icon will display a black squa...

•    Every few days, which is when i notice it, spotify will stop playing songs. saved songs will always work, but if i try to listen to a new artist or to any song that has not been saved t...
  • Minsk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop overlay when using media keys glitch not resolved [Thinking of cancelling Spotify]

PlanPremium 1.0.93.244.g1e3a05e7 (Windows Store version)CountryUnited Kingdom DevicePC - 8700K Z370 16GB RAM 1080 TiOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've looked everywhere for a fix for this issue, but it hasn't been resolved [Cleared c...

• Plan Premium 1.0.93.244.g1e3a05e7 (Windows Store version) Country United Kingdom  Device PC - 8700K Z370 16GB RAM 1080 Ti Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue I'v...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Hey spotify, how about you fix this (for the nth. time)

PlanPremiumCountryUruguay DeviceWindows DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10. Creators Update 1803 Build 17134.407 My Question or Issue Could you fix that annoying overlay with the keys? I tried everything, uninstalling, cleaning registry, enabled, disa...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Uruguay  Device Windows Desktop Operating System Windows 10. Creators Update 1803 Build 17134.407   My Question or Issue  Could you fix that annoying ove...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Not able to play specific playlist

PlanFreeCountryPoland DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue I have an issue with just one playlist (And that's why we drink - podcast). Other playlists either created by me or taken from the main page do work. This playlists plays on...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Poland   Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue  I have an issue with just one playlist (And that's why we drink - podcast). Other pla...
  • Pyromacja
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Just bough premium for 9.00SEK for 3 months, Got Charged 99.00SEK every month.

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue So I saw the new black friday price for Spotify so I decided to give it a shot, after paying it I noticed something off, I got charged 99.00SEK and it will charge me the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  So I saw the new black friday price for Spotify so I decided to give it a shot, aft...
  • frolof1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Reseller accounts?

Can anyone tell the difference with the Spotify 'reseller' accounts that I see advertised say on eBay?I am looking for a year's subscription account again and see all the reseller accounts for a cheaper price than Spotify?They say they are genuine, b...

• Regular
  • Can anyone tell the difference with the Spotify 'reseller' accounts that I see advertised say on eBay? I am looking for a year's subscription account again and see all the reseller accounts for a ch...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    reseller
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes