Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

My playlist automatically shuffles when I start it

I noticed this a few days ago, I turned on my computer and started up Spotify, then I proceeded to play a song in the playlist. A few minutes later, after the song was finished, I expected the song under the song I clicked on to play, but instead it ...

• I noticed this a few days ago, I turned on my computer and started up Spotify, then I proceeded to play a song in the playlist. A few minutes later, after the song was finished, I expected the s...
  • lemlb
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to unlike a track

I accidentally liked a track while listening to a radio station. I like to umlike this track, but there is no way which worked.I clicked on the thumb up - did not workI checked my loved tracks playlist, removed the track from this list, but it still ...

• Casual Listener
  • I accidentally liked a track while listening to a radio station. I like to umlike this track, but there is no way which worked. I clicked on the thumb up - did not work I checked my loved tracks pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Standalone App Doesn't Sound

PlanPremiumCountry ChileDeviceSamsung LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue: Hello,I'm having troubles with the standalone app for windows. It doesn't sound at all, i've tried rebooting, reinstalling, erasing cache, i've tried manuall...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Chile Device Samsung Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue:   Hello, I'm having troubles with the standalone app for windows. It d...
  • marcomvmusico
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify sendo baixado pela windows store

PlanPremium Country BrasilDeviceComputador ComumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Recentemente eu estava criando algumas modificações para minha area de trabalho usando o rainmeter, mas quando eu tentei adicionar o atalho do spotify not...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country  Brasil Device Computador Comum Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Recentemente eu estava criando algumas modificações...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone pauses music on desktop (Every time i get a notification)

So i have my OnePlus 6 connected to my bluetooth headseat (Primarily for phonecalls etc. during work hours) and at the same time, my headset is also connected to my Windows 10 laptop for music. Up until recently, this has worked flawlessly. But i hav...

• Casual Listener
  • So i have my OnePlus 6 connected to my bluetooth headseat (Primarily for phonecalls etc. during work hours) and at the same time, my headset is also connected to my Windows 10 laptop for music. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Next track in queue is always the first track in playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceGoogle Pixel 2Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I select a track in a playlist, the following track in the queue will be the first track in the playlist (i.e. the entire queue will show the current selected...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device Google Pixel 2 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I select a track in a playlist, the following track in the queue will be the first...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Guide: How to fix "No sound" in the desktop application Spotify Windows 10

After the first launch of the application, I had a problem, when playing a playlist, the song plays, but there is no sound. And so on how to fix it: The solution is quite simple, just start any other song from the same playlist. I hope this decision ...

• After the first launch of the application, I had a problem, when playing a playlist, the song plays, but there is no sound. And so on how to fix it: The solution is quite simple, just start any other...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

It is 2018, let us move the volume banner to different corners, and fix the small volume bug

Yes you can make it smaller to just the volume in advanced settings, but everytime time I restart Spotify forgets it, and again I have the intrustive Volume and name / artist. Why not allow us to adjust the time it is shown? better yet why not allow ...

• Regular
  • Yes you can make it smaller to just the volume in advanced settings, but everytime time I restart Spotify forgets it, and again I have the intrustive Volume and name / artist.   Why not allow ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify grey screen.

Basically what the title says.Every time since yesterday when i try to turn on Spotify all i get is a grey screen and nothing else happens. Ill add a screenshot.I have seen other people have this problem and tried various solutions yet none of them h...

• Casual Listener
  •   Basically what the title says. Every time since yesterday when i try to turn on Spotify all i get is a grey screen and nothing else happens. Ill add a screenshot. I have seen other people h...
  • Grongle
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does Spotify needs so much hardware space?

Hello, my Spotify folder is almost 6 GB big and I am not prem user.Why is this so big? Can I limit it somehow? Win 10C:\Users\trung\AppData\Local\Spotify

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  my Spotify folder is almost 6 GB big and I am not prem user. Why is this so big? Can I limit it somehow?    Win 10 C:\Users\trung\AppData\Local\Spotify  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist won't load

PlanFreeCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I can't create spotify playlist, it just shows it loading and it never ends.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I can't create  spotify playlist, it just shows it loading and it never ends.
  • BobJones8P
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Nevermind

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue nevermind

black.png black.png
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue                     &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Find Friends button not working.

PlanPremium Country USDeviceS9+Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe issue is why my find friends button isnt working. I noticed I forgot to verify my e-mail. So I did, and then it worked. Then I noticed it couldnt see any friends on the...

• Plan Premium  Country  US Device S9+ Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The issue is why my find friends button isnt working. I noticed I forgot to verify my ...
  • beezaj
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

How do I prevent Spotify from playing music I have not selected?

How do I prevent Spotify from playing music I have not added to the queue. I have disabled the "Autoplay" feature in settings, but when I view an artists page, and then press play on a specific album, Spotify adds the songs from that Album to my queu...

• Music Fan
  • How do I prevent Spotify from playing music I have not added to the queue.   I have disabled the "Autoplay" feature in settings, but when I view an artists page, and then press play on a speci...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop--cannot scroll down

Exactly what it says on the tin. I will get to my first page of songs and it will show a loading sign and never complete. This has happened before and it took weeks to fix.

• Regular
  • Exactly what it says on the tin. I will get to my first page of songs and it will show a loading sign and never complete. This has happened before and it took weeks to fix.
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File taking a long time to play

PlanPremiumCountry IsraelDeviceMSI GX63VR-1070Operating SystemWindows 10 1803 My Question or Issue For this one specific mp3 file, Spotify has a hard time playing in a playlist. When I try to play it from the Local Files tab, it plays fine. If it com...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Israel Device MSI GX63VR-1070 Operating System Windows 10 1803   My Question or Issue  For this one specific mp3 file, Spotify has a hard time p...
  • mendel3
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can I print out my Spotify playlists?

A question from a technically challenged person. I set up a number of spotify playlists for my wife's birthday. I want to be able to print the playlists so that I can give her the lists of songs. I can't figure out how to do that. Ctrl/P does not see...

• Music Fan
  • A question from a technically challenged person. I set up a number of spotify playlists for my wife's birthday. I want to be able to print the playlists so that I can give her the lists of songs. I c...
  • JennyL
  • Casual Listener
  • 183 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 183 replies
  • 14 likes

Saved Songs Not Showing Up

PlanPremiumCountry The United States of AmericaDeviceHP Notebook (Windows)Operating SystemWindows 8? IssueFor quite a while now (two weeks?) I have been experiencing a bug in which when I click on "Songs" in the "Your Library" category it will show a...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country  The United States of America Device HP Notebook (Windows) Operating System Windows 8?  Issue For quite a while now (two weeks?) I have been experienci...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • application
    bug
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Playlist Not Fully Loading in WebPlayer

I've seen posts with identical issues dating back years but none of the solutions that seemed to work periodically for others have not worked for me. I have a long playlist (about 400 songs) and it won't load fully, only about the first 100 or so son...

• Casual Listener
  • I've seen posts with identical issues dating back years but none of the solutions that seemed to work periodically for others have not worked for me. I have a long playlist (about 400 songs) and it w...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist help!

Hi music lovers! I need help getting back my playlist that I put songs in a very specific order on. I just downloaded the app vs using the browser and was trying to move the date added colum to swap in the song length (way more useful imo) and instea...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi music lovers! I need help getting back my playlist that I put songs in a very specific order on. I just downloaded the app vs using the browser and was trying to move the date added colum to ...
  • heavyish
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes