Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Solved!

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.
401 Replies
Marked as solution

I have about 3.5gb left and my local files are worth 1.8gb yet songs won't transfer to the phone. I can see the songs but can't play it on the phone. They used to play before but by mistake I removed download button and when I again try it, songs won't transfer

I also am having the same trouble. Its frustrating.

Why should we have to go online evey month just to keep our down loads. I cant get internet let alone NBN where I live and I can only download through my phone data.

How do I get to download my music, straming is completely out of the question for me.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS.

I am on a brand new laptop with plenty of storage, thats not the issue.

We pay good money for a product, that if you dont go online every month you loose your downloads, thats unfair and rediculas

That's how they make money

I tried to set the offline mode in settings>playback and it does work for a while. But after listening for about 5 songs it stop and most of my songs doesn't play without pressing the play button. Honestly, I'm nearing to regretting having a premium spotify.

You and me both

I am having the same issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app on my computer. My computer and Android are both on the same wifi network.  The phone has plenty of space and I'm only trying to download 12 songs.  The playlist has 3 Spotify songs and the rest are local files, and they are all playable on my computer but only the 3 Spotify songs will play on the phone. I have the playlist on both computer and phone switched to "download". I used to have the entire playlist downloaded to my phone, and one day it just all of a sudden showed them as gray a few months ago and I can't for the life of me get it to fix. Please help!

I know that tells me that Spotify does not want us to download music

Maybe you didn't properly download and turn on offline mode. If you follow those simple steps everything should do exactly what it is supposed to do. 
Marked as solution

I have been using the premium spotify for months now but recently got a new phone and suddenly none of my songs will play offline. I've spent hours doing all of the things it says on here to try. I've even tried them several times. This is so unbelievably frustrating and I wish I could actually speak to someone who can help me and resolve this. Why pay every month to have no one available to actually speak one on one to?My spotify membership is almost up and honestly spotify if you can not help me fix this issue why the **bleep** would I ever renew my membership?

Contact Spotify via email, let them know what the problem is, they will actually fix it for you. Have faith, be happy.

Contact Spotify via email, let them know what the problem is, they will actually fix it for you. Have faith, be happy.

HOW do you email spotify

music wont play offline, wont download

Have been using Spotify for years now without any issues, however the last 2 updates have completely wiped out all my downloaded songs for offline play.
Using an IPhone 6+ with the latest iOS and have 65+ gb of free storage space so that isn't an issue.
Have deleted the app and reinstalled, rebooted phone to no avail they still won't appear. Have also downloaded the songs again to get it to play offline and still not working.
Any ideas?

Email Spotify with that info and they will have a solution for you. Your songs should still be somewhere in a cloud.

Cheers bud, have emailed them and waiting a reply

Hi I have the same problem my music just won't download. I do have enough memory and my phone is recognized as a device. This problem is only on my phone. I also have another problem some songs won't play. They just stay at 00.00 and don't play. I am getting really frustrated so if you can plz help me.

All you need to do is just email Spotify and tell them the problem you are having, and they will actually help you. Try this.
Steve

Not using wifi. In airport trying to do it with cellular keep putting into download using cellular mode and spotify isnt recognizing the switch. Ive never had this problem before. Only noticed since android software update. Spotify got goofy as well as everything else.

Sounds like your music is actually there but just not seen. Email Spotify and explain the situation they will fix it and you'll be happy you're using Spotify 

Suggested posts