Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Music photo

İ an listing music in the spotify.I opened the music and throw to down it is under the screen and i can see its name but icabt see its image.1 hours later i can see name and image together but now i cant see musics image and name under the screen

• Casual Listener
  • İ an listing music in the spotify.I opened the music and throw to down it is under the screen and i can see its name but icabt see its image.1 hours later i can see name and image together but now i ...
  • ataunsal
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iphone will not open

Spotify on iphone will not open.Yesterday it was working. Today it will not open. I checked my mac it still will works. Any solution? I already deleted and installed it three times. I also shut down and restarted my iphone. But I still can not get Sp...

• Regular
  • Spotify on iphone will not open.Yesterday it was working. Today it will not open. I checked my mac it still will works.  Any solution? I already deleted and installed it three times. I also sh...
  • Amyjro
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Can't sync local music to iPhone

Hello, I can no longer get my local music (songs not available on spotify) to sync to my iphone so I can listen to them from there. Is this still supported or am I doing something wrong? While on the same network, I added the music to a local playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I can no longer get my local music (songs not available on spotify) to sync to my iphone so I can listen to them from there. Is this still supported or am I doing something wrong?   Whi...
  • bgaumond
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resetting password

It says the form has expired for resetting password. I tried twice

• It says the form has expired for resetting password. I tried twice
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Password reset
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Sync -> Premium User

Problem: itunes songs on my spotify playlist will not sync on my phone. On the phone the instructions to get these sync are something on the lines of this: 1. Make sure you are on the same wifi network, 2.launch spotify on the computer the song is st...

• Regular
  • Problem: itunes songs on my spotify playlist will not sync on my phone. On the phone the instructions to get these sync are something on the lines of this: 1. Make sure you are on the same wifi netwo...
  • cyan
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Password Reset

I'm trying to reset my password via an email link but every time I submit my new password it is telling me the page has expired even though I'm completing it within 1 minute of receiving the email

• I'm trying to reset my password via an email link but every time I submit my new password it is telling me the page has expired even though I'm completing it within 1 minute of receiving the email
  • Zekemydog
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Password reset
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is cellular data used when songs/playlists saved

When using Spotify premium there is the option to save songs and playlists for offline. If I am offline and I do not toggle the offline mode switch under settings to ON does the Spotify app play the saved copy or use cellular data to stream music

• When using Spotify premium there is the option to save songs and playlists for offline. If I am offline and I do not toggle the offline mode switch under settings to ON does the Spotify app play the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Waiting to Download Offline Tracks

HELP!So for some reason my local files no longer sinc to my ipod. They have done so in the past albeit it did not always happen instantly I would just restart spotify on both devices a few times and eventually it would kick in. But now none of my loc...

• ...ave checked both my PC's installed firewall and my personally installed firewall and they both have spotify.exe as having clearance in both public and private zones to download and still nothing.&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • local files
    Local files for Spotify Mobile
    local files on iphone
    local files sync
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

share same account in different IOS Device

I used to share my same premium account in two devices, each one playing different music, but a month ago, this is not possible any more, every tmie that we try to play spotify, the other device change and we both listen the same, please let me know ...

• I used to share my same premium account in two devices, each one playing different music, but a month ago, this is not possible any more, every tmie that we try to play spotify, the other device chan...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I purchased Spotify premium but it still says I'm on free

Hello, I purchased premium about a week ago with ITunes and it still isn't working. I did all the instructions Spotify gives, but still nothing works. I don't know what to do, please help.

• Hello,   I purchased premium about a week ago with ITunes and it still isn't working. I did all the instructions Spotify gives, but still nothing works. I don't know what to do, please help.&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Are video ads loaded over cellular or cached from the last time the device was on WiFi?

I don't mind the ads, but I would assume that video ads would consume a decent amount of data if loaded over cellular.

• Casual Listener
  • I don't mind the ads, but I would assume that video ads would consume a decent amount of data if loaded over cellular.
  • TimA1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment

I have used my card to sign up for the premium of 12$ a month and it has been charging me double monthly in the last 3 months it has charged me 42$ over the limit I need to get that money back!!!

• I have used my card to sign up for the premium of 12$ a month and it has been charging me double monthly in the last 3 months it has charged me 42$ over the limit I need to get that money back!!!
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird spotify glitch ???

Recently my spotify app on my ipad has been acting super weird. Music won't play, my starred list only says 'loading', none of my playlists will appear. My friend let me use their account but that changed nothing. On my computer and phone everything ...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently my spotify app on my ipad has been acting super weird. Music won't play, my starred list only says 'loading', none of my playlists will appear. My friend let me use their account but that ch...
  • Cmdrinkblot
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't get Spotify to work on my vans Bluetooth

My phone shows the little pointing down arrow next to each song is grey and not green so won't play songs through my van Bluetooth but my iPhone is connected Help please

• My phone shows the little pointing down arrow next to each song is grey and not green so won't play songs through my van Bluetooth but my iPhone is connected Help please
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bought premium actavation fail

hi, I have recently subscribed to Spotify premium today and after I bought it it said "activation fail". I bought this though the mobile device and it still has not recognized my purchase. On the desktop it will recognize my purchase though. I have t...

• Casual Listener
  • hi, I have recently subscribed to Spotify premium today and after I bought it it said "activation fail". I bought this though the mobile device and it still has not recognized my purchase. On the des...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot download Spotify app iPhone 6s

Hi,I recently purchased an iPhone 6s, backed up my old 5s via iCloud and successfully restored it on new iPhone. All the apps downloaded apart from Spotify, I have tried to delete it as the little app logo had been generated but it would keep telling...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I recently purchased an iPhone 6s, backed up my old 5s via iCloud and successfully restored it on new iPhone. All the apps downloaded apart from Spotify, I have tried to delete it as the littl...
  • grxce_5sos
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Nya appen fungerar inte.

Hej. Jag har preminum och använder spotify i min iphone, när jag uppdaterade till den nyaste uppdateringen så kan jag inte öppna appen och använda den, allt bara stängs ner. Det fungerar på datorn, jag vill gärn kunna lyssna i min mobil också. Vad sk...

• Hej. Jag har preminum och använder spotify i min iphone, när jag uppdaterade till den nyaste uppdateringen så kan jag inte öppna appen och använda den, allt bara stängs ner. Det fungerar på dato...
  • Proppen199802
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Syncing with iPod Classic

I am trying to sync Spotify on my MacBook Pro to my iPod Classic via the iPod's USB cable. But Spotify won't recognize that the iPod is even there. I know I can only sync local files, that is ok that's all I want. I have synced this iPod with spotify...

• I am trying to sync Spotify on my MacBook Pro to my iPod Classic via the iPod's USB cable. But Spotify won't recognize that the iPod is even there. I know I can only sync local files, that is ok that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played list contents disappeared

I noticed over the weekend -- at least twice -- that all the entries in my "recently played" list (the list of recnetly played playlists and albums in the "your library" view, below playlists, stations, songs, etc.) were gone. The list would repopula...

• Music Fan
  • I noticed over the weekend -- at least twice -- that all the entries in my "recently played" list (the list of recnetly played playlists and albums in the "your library" view, below playlists, statio...
  • Larry-Person
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I bought premium but it still says free

I have tried all of the advice on the website and the Spotify solutions page but nothing works. Can you please help me. I have reinstalled the add, logged in and out, checked the name on the receipt. Everything.

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried all of the advice on the website and the Spotify solutions page but nothing works. Can you please help me. I have reinstalled the add, logged in and out, checked the name on the receipt....
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes