Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

IPone App

I have installed the app and paid for the premium account but will only work on my laptop not the phone heeeelpppp

• Casual Listener
  • I have installed the app and paid for the premium account but will only work on my laptop not the phone heeeelpppp
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ipod touch 2nd generation

spotify does not regonize my Ipod touch 2nd generation under devices...how do I fix this

• spotify does not regonize my Ipod touch 2nd generation under devices...how do I fix this  
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Service is spotty and it's NOT my provider

For the past 4 or 5 days streaming on my iPhone has been super spotty. For the first few days it wouldn't even play a song, but now it pauses every 10-15 seconds and/or just doesn't play. I haven't been anywhere and I get EXCELLENT service (always ha...

• Regular
  • For the past 4 or 5 days streaming on my iPhone has been super spotty.  For the first few days it wouldn't even play a song, but now it pauses every 10-15 seconds and/or just doesn't play. &nb...
  • jimmut
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium content

Anybody know why my premium content has suddenly just disappeared when I have two weeks left?

• Anybody know why my premium content has suddenly just disappeared when I have two weeks left?
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stereo Problems

Spotify used to work amazingly on my car stereo (Sony) however - ever since they added the album covers update to spotify, whenever I press the next track button from my car stereo the itunes library takes over and kicks spotify off - the only way fo...

• Spotify used to work amazingly on my car stereo (Sony) however - ever since they added the album covers update to spotify, whenever I press the next track button from my car stereo the itunes library...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! desktop playlists don't sync to iphone

Have been a happy premium user for a year or more. got in a tangle today --iphone app hung at the login screen, so i removed the app from phone and reinstalled. logged back in and--I can't see any of my spotify playlists! i canb see them fine on the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Have been a happy premium user for a year or more. got in a tangle today --iphone app hung at the login screen, so i removed the app from phone and reinstalled. logged back in and--I can't see any of...
  • tongsan
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Problems

Hello, I am not sure where to put this. I have my Ipod Touch and now my Droid. I had Spotify on both, but I added Spotimote which needed a username and password. So now on both of these my files from my computer that were on Spotify are not on my dev...

• Music Fan
  • Hello, I am not sure where to put this. I have my Ipod Touch and now my Droid. I had Spotify on both, but I added Spotimote which needed a username and password. So now on both of these my files...
  • Lindaa09
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

One Playlist Only Not Syncing

I've made some changes to one playlist on my computer only this change isn't showing on my iPhone (3g). I made some changes to another playlist and that showed up fine but this one playlist remains the same whatever I try. Any ideas? I'm using it thr...

• I've made some changes to one playlist on my computer only this change isn't showing on my iPhone (3g).   I made some changes to another playlist and that showed up fine but this one playlis...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

same songs over and over....

Hello, i'm new to Spotify. I'm using the free version. I love the concept of thumbs up/thumbs down. However, it's getting to the point where I'm afraid to tell Spotify I like a song because Spotify then plays that song waaaay too much. I thought the ...

• Hello, i'm new to Spotify.  I'm using the free version.  I love the concept of thumbs up/thumbs down. However, it's getting to the point where I'm afraid to tell Spotify I like a song bec...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Can't swipe on search results (iPhone App)

Hi...I'm going to add this as a bug as I'm pretty sure it is not the intended behaviour. When on the iPhone app, after performing a search (be it inside a playlist or the general search) there is no way to swipe on a track and perform the secondary a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi...I'm going to add this as a bug as I'm pretty sure it is not the intended behaviour.   When on the iPhone app, after performing a search (be it inside a playlist or the general search) t...
  • Bengan
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

5 questions about the iPhone Spotify app

Hello, I am an MA student in Technical Communication at Portsmouth University, UK and I am designing the Help for Spotify's iPhone app as part of my dissertation. To find out which Spotify features are not clear enough and need documenting, I have ad...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,    I am an MA student in Technical Communication at Portsmouth University, UK and I am designing the Help for Spotify's iPhone app as part of my dissertation.    To...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search function stopped working

My search function was working just fine, then stopped. When I enter a track, album, or artist and hit the Search button on my iPhone 4s, I just get the message that I "can enter tracks, albums or artists in the search field" instead of it pulling up...

• My search function was working just fine, then stopped.  When I enter a track, album, or artist and hit the Search button on my iPhone 4s, I just get the message that I "can enter tracks, albums...
  • JCompton
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offiline Sync'ed Tracks Pause on iPhone When Network Drops

When on the train listening to offline Sync'ed tracks and the iPhone goes into an area of non-mobile coverage the Track briefly pauses when the network coverage is lost and again when it comes back, it is very annoying! What is more annoying is this ...

• When on the train listening to offline Sync'ed tracks and the iPhone goes into an area of non-mobile coverage the Track briefly pauses when the network coverage is lost and again when it comes back, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is there nothing in mobile version?

I do not understand why there is a charge for use in mobile devices?On the free desktop app it will show the radio and the shared music... but this can't be used in the mobile version?

• Visitor
  • I do not understand why there is a charge for use in mobile devices? On the free desktop app it will show the radio and the shared music... but this can't be used in the mobile version?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost files on spotify

I had a bunch of songs disappear from my playlist so I went to re-download them and it is telling me to start a radio on the artist is there a way to fix this!? I really want to listen to my music as soon as possible

• I had a bunch of songs disappear from my playlist so I went to re-download them and it is telling me to start a radio on the artist is there a way to fix this!? I really want to listen to my music as...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Certain album crashes Spotify

When trying to open album "Meiltä puuttuu kaikki" by "Kemmuru", Spotify crashes. Latest iOS (5.1.1), iPhone 4. Reinstalling Spotify does not solve the issue. Something weird with the album data too, because the afore mentioned album cannot be found i...

• Casual Listener
  • When trying to open album "Meiltä puuttuu kaikki" by "Kemmuru", Spotify crashes. Latest iOS (5.1.1), iPhone 4. Reinstalling Spotify does not solve the issue. Something weird with the album data too, ...
  • Yaggo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

5 questions about the Spotify app/ Win a Premium account

Hello, I am an MA student in Technical Communication at Portsmouth University, UK and I am designing the Help for Spotify's mobile app as part of my dissertation. To find out which Spotify features are not clear enough and need documenting, I have ad...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hello,    I am an MA student in Technical Communication at Portsmouth University, UK and I am designing the Help for Spotify's mobile app as part of my dissertati...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the purpose for "offline sync"

I do not understand it! Recently I get on an airplane without Wifi and I follow their instructions to switch off the phone during take off. What I do is put the phone into airplane mode and then shut it off so that when I turn it back on there isn't ...

• Visitor
  • I do not understand it! Recently I get on an airplane without Wifi and I follow their instructions to switch off the phone during take off. What I do is put the phone into airplane mode and then shut...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem solving for freshly downloaded spotify app (if you use facebook)

Hi, I want to post this so as to hopefully save some people some troubles when first downloading spotify for ios. For the most part, once spotify is downloaded and running properly on my ipod, it seems to work pretty well. However, I have for various...

• Regular
  • Hi, I want to post this so as to hopefully save some people some troubles when first downloading spotify for ios.  For the most part, once spotify is downloaded and running properly on my ipod, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening offline on iphone

Hi, Very new to this and a bit crap on PCs. Have got Premium but no idea how to listen to offline tunes on my phone?

• Hi,   Very new to this and a bit crap on PCs. Have got Premium but no idea how to listen to offline tunes on my phone?  
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes