Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

spotify voice feature calls my cell phone when connected to car bluetooth

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone Operating System(iOS 12.1) My Question or Issuewhen I am connected to bluetooth in my car and press the spotify voice feature to ask to play a song or find an artist, spotify calls my cell phone. How do I get ...

•   Plan Free/Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 12.1)   My Question or Issue when I am connected to bluetooth in my car and press the spotify voic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • voice feature not compatible with bluetooth
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem Iphone

PlanPremiumCountry CHDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or Issue I play some music on Spotify, but my phone and my apple watch don’t show that any music is played (so I can’t change tracks,.. )

•   Plan Premium Country  CH Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue  I play some music on Spotify, but my phone and my apple watch don’t show th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

PREMIUM same User interface as free?

I recently cancelled my spotify and the user interface moved to the "Free" one. I have no paid again however the user interface on my Iphone 6 has not changed, it still only offers 3 tabs at the bottom. Your Library.Search.Home. Am I missing somethin...

• I recently cancelled my spotify and the user interface moved to the "Free" one. I have no paid again however the user interface on my Iphone 6 has not changed, it still only offers 3 tabs at the bott...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution daily mix indisponible

Je suis IPhone, et lorsque le souhaite lancer mon daily mix un message apparaît : Spotify ne peut pas ouvrir ce type de lien sur cette appareil jai déjà essayé de me déconnecter de tout mes appareil rien n’y fait merci

• Je suis IPhone, et lorsque le souhaite lancer mon daily mix un message apparaît :  Spotify ne peut pas ouvrir ce type de lien sur cette appareil   jai déjà essayé de me déconnecter de to...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily mixes won’t play

PlanPremiumCountry United Kingdom DeviceiPhone 5SOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I’m trying to play my daily mix playlists and I keep getting a notification that says “Spotify can’t open this type of link ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  United Kingdom  Device iPhone 5S Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I’m trying to play my daily ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist not playing every song

So I’m just listening to my playlist and I pick a song that I recently added and shuffle it, it only plays recently added songs. My playlist is 700+ songs long and it does the same with old songs it plays only older ones on the playlist.

• So I’m just listening to my playlist and I pick a song that I recently added and shuffle it, it only plays recently added songs. My playlist is 700+ songs long and it does the same with old songs it ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Glitch
    not playing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music not showing

PlanPremiumCountry Canada Device(iPhone 6 I added all of my music and downloaded all of it.It was fine offline for a bit and then I went into it and went to the albums and artist sections and there was nothing there.I needed to turn on the data for i...

•   Plan Premium Country  Canada  Device (iPhone 6     I added all of my music and downloaded all of it. It was fine offline for a bit and then I went into it an...
  • vischka
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Iphone XS Headphone Dongle Pausing Music

PlanPremiumCountryMalta DeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueSince the iphone does not have a headphone jack i have to use the headphone dongle and once i plug it the music plays for about half a minute then it pauses the music...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Malta  Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue Since the iphone does not have a headphone jack i have to use the headphone dongle an...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Discover Weekly sort stuck on 'custom'

For a while now, the sorting options aren't saved in the Discover Weekly playlist. It always goes back to 'custom'. Other playlists are okay.

• Casual Listener
  • For a while now, the sorting options aren't saved in the Discover Weekly playlist. It always goes back to 'custom'. Other playlists are okay. 
  • lpgm
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you add Playlist Option to Main Spotify Screen

I noticed that with the new UI there are only 3 icons on the home screen. Home, Search and Your library. I am hoping they did this to allow you to add icons of your choice here. I would like my playlists icon the be there or even better my favorites ...

• Casual Listener
  • I noticed that with the new UI there are only 3 icons on the home screen. Home, Search and Your library. I am hoping they did this to allow you to add icons of your choice here. I would like my playl...
  • Shurafa
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Oct 2018 update: search by genre missing

I'm using Spotify premium on IOS12 in the UK and have just updated to version 8.4.78.643. I was expecting this to have new updates in it including searching by genre (as featured in this article) but it doesn't - the search is the same as before the ...

• Casual Listener
  •   I'm using Spotify premium on IOS12 in the UK and have just updated to version 8.4.78.643. I was expecting this to have new updates in it including searching by genre (as featured in this arti...
  • inkymortar
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! discover based on artists in app?

The desktop program suggests albums based on artists I have listened to, very specifically linking them (as in, because you listed to X, try Y). The latest version of the IOS app does not have this feature, or at least I cannot find it. Is there any ...

• Casual Listener
  •   The desktop program suggests albums based on artists I have listened to, very specifically linking them (as in, because you listed to X, try Y). The latest version of the IOS app does not hav...
  • dberiss
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I create a playlist from my saved songs?

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 12.0.1 In the past when my saved library was only a few songs I would just manually add each one to a playlist, but now I have hundreds, and it’s rather tedious selecting them one-by-one to add ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 12.0.1   In the past when my saved library was only a few songs I would just manually add each one to a playlist, but...
  • maiaisabellaxo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Log off and on the iOS app??

PlanPremiumCountry UsaDevice(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 12.1) So how do I log off and on the iOS app? I purchased premium, and it’s working with my Mac app, but my phone is telling me I’m on the free plan.I assume the account that is already assoc...

• Plan Premium Country  Usa Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 12.1)   So how do I log off and on the iOS app? I purchased premium, and it’s working with my Mac app, but my phon...
  • jurphy
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music skips and stutters over Bluetooth in my car

Just bought a car (2014 VW Golf). When I play music on Spotify over Bluetooth, songs skip and stutter, like a CD scratching. Can anyone suggest some troubleshooting I can try? I’ve tried turning on Data Saver in the Spotify app, which didn’t help. Al...

• Casual Listener
  •   Just bought a car (2014 VW Golf). When I play music on Spotify over Bluetooth, songs  skip and stutter, like a CD scratching.    Can anyone suggest some troubleshoo...
  • ardacebi
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    Car
    skipping
    Troubleshooting
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Some local files won't download to iPhone

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceiPhone 8, 256GBOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or Issue I upgraded from my old iPhone 6 to an iPhone 8 yesterday and had no problems re-downloading all my playlists etc. again, however local files are proving to be...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device iPhone 8, 256GB Operating System iOS 12.1  My Question or Issue  I upgraded from my old iPhone 6 to an iPhone 8 yesterday and had no proble...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    local files
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How does endless artist radio work?

I’ve been using endless artist radio and my understanding was that the radio updates and learns your music preferences instead of using the thumbs up and down system. There is a song one of my endless artist radio playlists that keeps showing up when...

• Roadie
  • I’ve been using endless artist radio and my understanding was that the radio updates and learns your music preferences instead of using the thumbs up and down system. There is a song one of my endles...
  • Npostman
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify thinks I click on songs when I don‘t

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueSince a couple of updates ago, the haptics have changed in a very bad way, I‘ll try to describe it:1. When swiping up/down to scroll, and letting it scroll on it‘s o...

• Plan Premium Country  Germany Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue Since a couple of updates ago, the haptics have changed in a very bad way, I‘ll try ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! “This song is unavailable”

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone 5S & Dell desktopOperating System(iOS 12.1/Windows 7) My Question or Issue Every time I try to listen to the song Season by The Scene Aesthetic on both my Spotify app and also the webplayer on my desktop c...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device iPhone 5S & Dell desktop Operating System (iOS 12.1/Windows 7)   My Question or Issue  Every time I try to listen to the song S...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS 12.1 bluetooth streaming audio stutter

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueBefore iOS 12 i could pair my iphone to my cars stereo for music and it would connect as soon as i got in the car, one tap on the stereo and it would play music, did...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue Before iOS 12 i could pair my iphone to my cars stereo for music and it would connec...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes