Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

IOS 12.1 bluetooth streaming audio stutter

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueBefore iOS 12 i could pair my iphone to my cars stereo for music and it would connect as soon as i got in the car, one tap on the stereo and it would play music, did...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue Before iOS 12 i could pair my iphone to my cars stereo for music and it would connec...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I’m having gift card troubles

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Canada Deviceiphone 6s Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue hello, I have gotten a gift card for my birthday (it is for 12 months) and I just went to use it today and I have run into a p...

• Plan Free/Premium Country  Canada  Device iphone 6s  Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   hello, I have gotten a ...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify randomly pauses and unpauses

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue For the last 3-4 months (spring of 2018) I have had problems with Spotify randomly pausing and unpausing the music. Useful info:It happens both on my iPhone 7 and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device iPhone 7 Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue  For the last 3-4 months (spring of 2018) I have had problems with Spotify ...
  • reneebacke
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

Play randomic from search does not work

After typing a search (for instance, Nancy Sinatra), the songa returned do not play. Either it changes to different singers, or it stops if I push next song. I am a Premium user in Brazil. Iphone 6. IOs 12.1. Telmo

• Casual Listener
  • After typing a search (for instance, Nancy Sinatra), the songa returned do not play. Either it changes to different singers, or it stops if I push next song.   I am a Premium user in Brazil. I...
  • ardacebi
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! control echo with iPhone on family plan

Planfamily plan - consideringCountry USADeviceecho dot and iphone 10 Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue(1) under a premium membership, i can control my echo dots via the iphone application. under a family pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan family plan - considering Country  USA Device echo dot and iphone 10   Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue (1) under a ...
  • deanhl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Jumps to radio when selecting ‘see all songs’

PlanPremiumCountry NorwayDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12.0.1. My Question or Issue I have used the Search function for a band name and then selected ‘see all songs’ to play their songs in an (almost) decreasing order based on popularity.I haven...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Norway Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12.0.1.   My Question or Issue  I have used the Search function for a band name and then selected ‘see all ...
  • darkns
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! App not available for iPad2

Plan PremiumCountry UK Device iPad2Operating System iOS9 Although the "System requirements" page shows support for the iPad2, when I try to download the app I get a message telling me to update to iOS10 or above. The latest update for the iPad2 is iO...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK  Device iPad2 Operating System iOS9    Although the "System requirements" page shows support for the iPad2, when I try to download the app I get a mes...
  • HPaul
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Browse and Radio icons disapeared from the app on IPhone xr

PlanOnly Home, Search and Your Library icons. Browse and radio are nowhere to be found! PremiumCountry UKDevice(iPhone xr)Operating System(iOS 12.) My Question or Issue

81A7911C-4137-4756-A89F-C421E78A4921.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Only Home, Search and Your Library icons. Browse and radio are nowhere to be found!   Premium Country  UK Device (iPhone xr) Operating System (iOS 12.)   My Question...
  • Nairiboo
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs wont play

So before I was able to play these songs in my phone and now I can’t they won’t work used to just let me play them it I wasn’t on WiFi now it won’t play at all none of the songs will and I don’t know why if I could have some help that would be nice. ...

• Casual Listener
  • So before I was able to play these songs in my phone and now I can’t they won’t work used to just let me play them it I wasn’t on WiFi now it won’t play at all none of the songs will and I don’t know...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App is automatically synced to an old date

I'm using Spotify Premium on an iPhone 6 on iOS 11.4.1. Basically, when I open Spotify when I'm online, my playlists don't have any updates from the past few weeks. It's as if they're synced to a date in the past. After a few minutes, the app does up...

• Casual Listener
  •   I'm using Spotify Premium on an iPhone 6 on iOS 11.4.1.   Basically, when I open Spotify when I'm online, my playlists don't have any updates from the past few weeks. It's as if they'r...
  • cmmiller628
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline content not available

Hi all, Yesterday in the evening, I've listened to my Offline-Albums (fully marked as green/offline). Over Night, I’ve completely switched off my iPhone6.This morning, after starting the phone, my Spotify-Account was logged off (username and PW requi...

• Regular
  • Hi all, Yesterday in the evening, I've listened to my Offline-Albums (fully marked as green/offline). Over Night, I’ve completely switched off my iPhone6.This morning, after starting the phone, my Sp...
  • Supergrobi1909
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • logged out.
    Offline Content
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Like" a radio song and choose what playlist it automatically gets sent to

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue I love creating a new radio station and being able to like and dislike songs so that my liked songs get saved to a playlist. Through this process, I've created an awesome...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  US Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  I love creating a new radio station and being able to like and dislike songs...
  • ahnnpron
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Play queue

Hi I have a premium spotify account and normally listening on my iphone 8.When i queue up tracks its always the first track that just shows itself as a blank space and its really annoying.There should be another wu tang track after that but it shows ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have a premium spotify account and normally listening on my iphone 8. When i queue up tracks its always the first track that just shows itself as a blank space and its really annoying. There s...
  • esiebauer81
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Different menu

rhe Menu on the bottom of the app changed . Now it only has gone search and your library. I don’t know how to get to The menu of all the international charts.

• rhe Menu on the bottom of the app changed . Now it only has gone search and your library.  I don’t know how to get to The menu of all the international charts. 
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS - Albums not showing in library, not able to save albums, or download

Last week I couldnt save albums on ios, tapping save provided no response, same with the offline switch. Now if i go into the album view in my library I just get an empty state ‘your favourite albums will appear here’. I can no longer see or download...

•   Last week I couldnt save albums on ios, tapping save provided no response, same with the offline switch. Now if i go into the album view in my library I just get an empty state ‘your favourit...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps skipping and plays when the app is closed?

I’ve gone through dozens of threads and no one seems to have a solution to this. I’ve cleared the cache, closed the ap, logged off on all devices, switched headphones, deleted and reinstalled the app, and toggled almost all the settings on spotify. N...

• I’ve gone through dozens of threads and no one seems to have a solution to this. I’ve cleared the cache, closed the ap, logged off on all devices, switched headphones, deleted and reinstalled the app...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback failed- not able to play video in you current location

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone X, IOS 11.4.1Spotify version 8.4.**bleep**.787 My Question or Issuewhenever i try to play a song that has a video i get this and I’ve tried restarting my phone and and reinstalling Spotify but nothing works and It’s annoying a...

10BDE69E-FA72-4239-9C1B-30FA926F7308.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone X, IOS 11.4.1 Spotify version  8.4.**bleep**.787  My Question or Issue whenever i try to play a song that has a video i get this⬇️ and I’ve tried restartin...
  • Latrme
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs in Queue

My Question or Issue I used to be able to search an artist and look at all their songs and select the first song and spotify would automatically play the rest of the songs for that artist. I can no longer do this. I now have to pick every single song...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue  I used to be able to search an artist and look at all their songs and select the first song and spotify would automatically play the rest of the songs for that artist. I c...
  • jgonza2015
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Local File Issues

PlanPremium Device(iPhone 6S and MacBook Pro early 2015) Operating System(iOS 12.1 and macOS High Sierra 10.13.6) I have downloaded two songs in .mp3 format and they have transferred from my files on my MacBook to my local files on Spotify. The songs...

• Plan Premium   Device (iPhone 6S and MacBook Pro early 2015)   Operating System (iOS 12.1 and macOS High Sierra 10.13.6)   I have downloaded two songs in .mp3 format and they ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to delete device from device list.

PlanPremiumCountryPL DeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12IssueHi,When I remove device from device list it disappears and this is ok but when I close and open app I still see previously deleted devices. For me it's a bug or maybe there is another way...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country PL  Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12 Issue Hi, When I remove device from device list it disappears and this is ok but when I close and open app I still...
  • fakeluka
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes