Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution ¿Cómo hacer que mis amigos vean mis artistas escuchados recientemente?

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue Puedo ver los artistas escuchados recientemente de algunos amigos, pero de otros no. Ellos tampoco pueden ver los artistas que yo he escuchado recientemente, a pesar de tene...

• Casual Listener
  • ...llos tampoco pueden ver los artistas que yo he escuchado recientemente, a pesar de tener activado en mi Configuración/ Social, la pestaña “Publicar mi actividad”. ¿Sabe alguien como conseguir que m...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No use of mobile network - Spotify is always "offline" - annoying

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue Thousands of posts to this issue here since 6 years - no suggested solution works! PLEASE can someone from Spotify look after that issue? It is quite annoying!!! Don'...

• Plan Premium Country  Germany Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  Thousands of posts to this issue here since 6 years - no suggested solution work...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • always offline
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs skip like a scratched CD

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States - CADevice(iPhone 6S+)Operating System(iOS 11.4.1) My Question or Issue My spotify is frequently skipping, like a scratched CD. I now pop my ear buds out when it goes quiet for 1-2 seconds, because I know the 5-10 seco...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States - CA Device (iPhone 6S+) Operating System (iOS 11.4.1)   My Question or Issue   My spotify is frequently skipping, like a scratched CD.  I...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

favorites

PlanFreeCountry AmericaDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue If I like a specific album, do all the songs from that album automatically go to my favorite songs, or do I have to manually like all the songs separately to have them ...

• Plan Free Country  America Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  If I like a specific album, do all the songs from that album automatically go to m...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Navigation random freeze

Hi, since some weeks my Spotify app on my iPhone 8 freezes randomly during the navigation between albums,!mixes, or playlists. No specific action done, only random freezes with the screen you can find attached.Already tried reinstalling, clearing cac...

• Regular
  • Hi, since some weeks my Spotify app on my iPhone 8 freezes randomly during the navigation between albums,!mixes, or playlists. No specific action done, only random freezes with the screen you can fin...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I install Spotify on an iPad mini with ios 9 ?

I also have an old iPod Touch with ios 6 so same question for that.

• Casual Listener
  •   I also have an old iPod Touch with ios 6 so same question for that.
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Google Assistant on iPhone - Won't play playlists or albums

When I ask Google Assistant to play an album by an artist or even just "Play some Kings of Leon" it will open Spotify at the correct page then just sit there an do nothing. Plan - PremiumCountry - UK Device - iPhone X with Bose Quiet Comfort 2Operati...

• Regular
  •   When I ask Google Assistant to play an album by an artist or even just "Play some Kings of Leon" it will open Spotify at the correct page then just sit there an do nothing.     &...
  • tompz1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can I view my family members' likes and favorites?

My husband and I have a Family premium plan. Sometimes he finds great songs that I want to save. Is there a way to view his likes and favorites? PremiumMacbook Air OS 10.13.6Spotify 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1

• Roadie
  • My husband and I have a Family premium plan. Sometimes he finds great songs that I want to save. Is there a way to view his likes and favorites?   Premium Macbook Air  OS 10.13.6 Spoti...
  • merlijnv2000
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • plans
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue allowing access to microphone

Hello I’m having trouble allowing Spotify access to my microphone I am on the iPhone 8+, I’m running IOS 11.3.1, and the app is on the newest version, I am not getting the pop up to allow it access, also it doesn’t come up in the microphone settings ...

•  Hello I’m having trouble allowing Spotify access to my microphone I am on the iPhone 8+, I’m running IOS 11.3.1, and the app is on the newest version, I am not getting the pop up to  allow...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] New full screen album art hides lyrics

PlanPremiumCountryJP iPhone 6s Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue Recently album art was moved to a full screen presentation. From that presentation there is no way to get to the lyrics that used to be visible behind the album art on each so...

• Plan Premium Country JP   iPhone 6s   Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue   Recently album art was moved to a full screen presentation. From that presentati...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The whole “Suggested tracks” thing needs to be fixed.

Okay so I understand that if there aren’t enough songs or artists or something in a playlist that you made then it plays suggested tracks. While this is annoying, I can kind of understand it. But my problem is that I’m trying to listen to an album th...

• Okay so I understand that if there aren’t enough songs or artists or something in a playlist that you made then it plays suggested tracks. While this is annoying, I can kind of understand it. But my ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify freezing on startup iPhone 7

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 7,Operating SystemiOS 11.4.1 My Question or Issue Every time I start the app, it is freezing after flashing dots while it is loading something. The display shows the "Home" page, but buttons do not work. I cannot cl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 7, Operating System iOS 11.4.1   My Question or Issue  Every time I start the app, it is freezing after flashing dots while it is load...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Not Able to Download Local Files

Hello! I am an Premium Member using an iPhone SE with a Windows 10 laptop! I want to download local files but I have not been able to. I have tried all of the following solutions:Turning off FirewallAllowing Spotify through FirewallGoing offline and ...

•   Hello! I am an Premium Member using an iPhone SE with a Windows 10 laptop! I want to download local files but I have not been able to. I have tried all of the following solutions: Turning o...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone speaker makes a whizzing noise while Spotify is playing on another device.

Plan Premium, Country Netherlands, Device iPhone 6 iOS 11.4 15F79, Spotify version 8.4.67.665 My Question or IssueiPhone speaker makes a whizzing noise while Spotify is playing on another device. (put your ear to the iPhone speaker to hear it) Summar...

IMG_0924.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium, Country Netherlands, Device iPhone 6 iOS 11.4 15F79, Spotify version 8.4.67.665   My Question or Issue iPhone speaker makes a whizzing no...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to download entire playlists for offline use.

I'm using Spotify Premium on an old 8GB iPod Touch.I have no other offline devices (as confirmed by checking my Spotify account). I have only one playlist I'd like to download, which contains 388 songs, yet every time I try to download it for offline...

• I'm using Spotify Premium on an old 8GB iPod Touch. I have no other offline devices (as confirmed by checking my Spotify account). I have only one playlist I'd like to download, which contains 388...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

local files offline

i got a question if my spofity premium runs out and the downloaded local file songs which i downloaded to my iphone playlist to play offline would they go aswell and i won't be able to play them without spotify premium or i need premium to play songs...

• i got a question if my spofity premium runs out and the downloaded local file songs which i downloaded to my iphone playlist to play offline would they go aswell and i won't be able to play them with...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you choose a specific song from a playlist in the iPhone app?

PlanFreeCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueHow do you choose a specific song from a playlist in the iPhone app?

• Plan Free Country USA   Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue How do you choose a specific song from a playlist in the iPhone app?  
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting songs by artist

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 11.4.1 Hi there, I was creating a playlist from my songs on my desktop and wanted to continue from my phone. When i wanted to get back to where i left off, i needed to change the sorting of my...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 11.4.1   Hi there,   I was creating a playlist from my songs on my desktop and wanted to continue from my phone. ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ios app
    iphone
    Sorting Songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't see the songs my friends are adding in my collaborative Playlist

PlanPremiumDevice(iPhone 7 and Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue I have created a collaborative playlist and it seems that everybody can add and see the songs but not me. It also seems that it depends on the version ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Device (iPhone 7 and Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue   I have created a collaborative playlist and it seems that everyb...
  • adelmoral
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

I’m getting spammed by ads even with 30 min of ad free music

After I watch the 30 min of ad free music ad the next thing I get is another ad then if I restart the app it says tap for 30 min of ad free music so I tap it then after that ad another ad comes up then after that ad I get tap for 30 min of ad free mu...

• After I watch the 30 min of ad free music ad the next thing I get is another ad then if I restart the app it says tap for 30 min of ad free music so I tap it then after that ad another ad comes up th...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes