Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Playlist privacy settings are inconsistent across platforms

After making a playlist public or secret on the desktop app, the Spotify app does not reflect that change. Moreover, if you change the privacy settings through the iOS app after changing them on the desktop, the settings will toggle in both places (b...

• Regular
  • After making a playlist public or secret on the desktop app, the Spotify app does not reflect that change. Moreover, if you change the privacy settings through the iOS app after changing them on t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Musics keep pausing and skipping

This issue never happened to me before, but now some of my musics can’t be played because spotify keeps skipping it ( the musics that he skips are the one that i originally downloaded on my cellphone and then i imported to spotify, and they used to w...

• Casual Listener
  • This issue never happened to me before, but now some of my musics can’t be played because spotify keeps skipping it ( the musics that he skips are the one that i originally downloaded on my cellphone...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to log in

I got a new iphone and redowloaded the Spotify app for my phone. When I touched the app I got to the create an account or log in screen when I touched log in it didn’t do anything. I tried again still nothing. So I tried to reinstall the app again an...

• I got a new iphone and redowloaded the Spotify app for my phone. When I touched the app I got to the create an account or log in screen when I touched log in it didn’t do anything. I tried again stil...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Losing my Saved Artists/Albums

I have been having continuing issues Saving new albums to My Music. I like to Save albums and artists, and then make them available offline so I don't have to stream them and use up unnecessary data. However, it has been so frustrating because I'll S...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been having continuing issues Saving new albums to My Music. I like to Save albums and artists, and then make them available offline so I don't have to stream them and use up unnecessary data....
  • unhappyjack
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Song progress timer. E.g 45seconds in

The song progress bar on the home screen and in the control panel seem to sometimes be stuck on 0 seconds regardless of how far the song is in

• The song progress bar on the home screen and in the control panel seem to sometimes be stuck on 0 seconds regardless of how far the song is in
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics

First i had the free version (german) and now i have the premium version (english) and there is still no lyrics Funktion? My Girlfriend has the same Phone (IPhone 7) and the same settings but she have lyrics? **bleep** how can i get them too?

• First i had the free version (german)  and now i have the premium version (english) and there is still no lyrics Funktion?   My Girlfriend has the same Phone (IPhone 7) and the same setti...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Name not automatically entered in Playlist anymore

Hi all Thank you in advance for your time. I just spotted that if I add an Album to my playlist I have to type it manually via iPhone. Beforehand there was the album title autmatically entered. Is there a possibility to change this back to the automa...

• Hi all   Thank you in advance for your time. I just spotted that if I add an Album to my playlist I have to type it manually via iPhone. Beforehand there was the album title autmatically ent...
  • markbrauer
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

"Something went wrong" can't like or dislike songs

Radio is constantly giving me an error when trying to thumbs up or down a song. The only consistent way to fix is to uninstall the app and reinstall but that only fixes it for about 24 hours. Is there a solution to this? I am sick of downloading this...

• Casual Listener
  • Radio is constantly giving me an error when trying to thumbs up or down a song. The only consistent way to fix is to uninstall the app and reinstall but that only fixes it for about 24 hours. Is ther...
  • gergelybalint
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Something went wrong
    thumbs down
    thumbs up
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes

Song disappeared suddenly from my PL. please help!!

Hi Guys,please please help me. A few days ago I found a song in the charts which was so great and I immediately saved it in my own playlist. I was playing that song a few days and since today the song disappeared suddenly and I dont find it anymore!!...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Guys, please please help me. A few days ago I found a song in the charts which was so great and I immediately saved it in my own playlist.  I was playing that song a few days and since toda...
  • Diego10x22
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind the lyrics not showing up

I am not receiving the option to see lyrics while listening to music. I have reset my iPhone, reinstalled Spotify, and updated my phone to the current software. I am playing songs that I have seen my friends look at the lyrics for so I know they exis...

• Visitor
  • I am not receiving the option to see lyrics while listening to music. I have reset my iPhone, reinstalled Spotify, and updated my phone to the current software. I am playing songs that I have seen my...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot queue songs in offline mode from playlist

On my iPhone 6 i cannot queue songs in offline mode from a play list. Nothing happens when i press the cicle with the three dots to get up the more alternatives for a track. When i am connected to a wifi network it works fine. Why is this happening? ...

• Casual Listener
  • On my iPhone 6 i cannot queue songs in offline mode from a play list. Nothing happens when i press the cicle with the three dots to get up the more alternatives for a track. When i am connected to a ...
  • Kikilala777
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • offline mode
    queue
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Busqueda en un playlist reproduce aleatorio

Tengo premium y el problema es que al buscar en una playlist (que contiene varios artistas) uno en particular la reproduccion que hace es aleatoria o diferente a la busqueda que se hizo, ¿alguien sabe que puedo hacer? Uso iPhone y la app esta actuali...

• Tengo premium y el problema es que al buscar en una playlist (que contiene varios artistas) uno en particular la reproduccion que hace es aleatoria o diferente a la busqueda que se hizo, ¿alguie...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue button not working

I don’t have premium on my phone and after the 23 jan 2018 update my queue button had stopped working. I have tried restarting my phone and re installing the app but no luck. I press the button for the queue but no response. Please help

• I don’t have premium on my phone and after the 23 jan 2018 update my queue button had stopped working. I have tried restarting my phone and re installing the app but no luck. I press the button for t...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Some songs won’t play

I have premium, when I had free some songs would just stay at 0s and not play. I wanted to see if it would work on premium and I wouldn’t, any help?

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium, when I had free some songs would just stay at 0s and not play. I wanted to see if it would work on premium and I wouldn’t, any help?
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Now playing background color changes when swiping down

There is a bug with the now playing screen where the background color will change to what the next track would be if you swipe down and come back. Then it changes back to the correct color if you attempt to go to the next track. It's a subtle thing b...

Snap 2017-12-11 at 21.21.10.png Snap 2017-12-11 at 21.21.23.png
  • Music Fan
  • There is a bug with the now playing screen where the background color will change to what the next track would be if you swipe down and come back. Then it changes back to the correct color if you att...
  • wowsaab
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Music pauses when I get notifications, specifically Snapchat

I know many other poeple have asked about this but I've tried most of what others are saying and it's not working for me. I have an iPhone X with the most recent 11.2.2 software update and Premium Spotify, however everytime I get a Snapchat notificat...

• Casual Listener
  • I know many other poeple have asked about this but I've tried most of what others are saying and it's not working for me. I have an iPhone X with the most recent 11.2.2 software update and Premium Sp...
  • Brianna_banana
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists, iPod Touch, and Spotify Connect

Hi all, Weird problem here. Maybe someone can help? The Setup:I have an iPod Touch which I occasionally connect (directly via audio cable) to my stereo. Then I use an Android phone and Spotify Connect to control the iPod from the Android. All running...

• Hi all,   Weird problem here. Maybe someone can help?   The Setup: I have an iPod Touch which I occasionally connect (directly via audio cable) to my stereo. Then I use an Android phon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bug
    iOS
    Troubleshooting
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs out of order under Artist option

I have all my playlists in order by artist on both my iPhone and laptop. The issue is that on my iPhone, songs by the same artist are out of order. The artists are in alphabetical order but songs by the same artist from the same album are out of orde...

• Visitor
  • I have all my playlists in order by artist on both my iPhone and laptop. The issue is that on my iPhone, songs by the same artist are out of order. The artists are in alphabetical order but songs by ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

The entire queue system seems very slow

Hi, I’m using Spotify on both my Windows 7 64-bit PC, aswell as my IPhone 5GS, and have had constant problems with the queue feature for months now. Basically, it takes a while before Spotify recognizes that I’ve pressed “Add to Queue”, and the “Adde...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I’m using Spotify on both my Windows 7 64-bit PC, aswell as my IPhone 5GS, and have had constant problems with the queue feature for months now. Basically, it takes a while before Spotify recogni...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes