Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Automatically (and unintentionally) skipping songs?

I use Spotify almost 95% if the time and I’ll admit it; it helps me cope with a lot of my emotions and anxiety and lately I’ve added a few newer songs and They won’t play or they would skip over it halfway through the song without me clicking the ski...

• I use Spotify almost 95% if the time and I’ll admit it; it helps me cope with a lot of my emotions and anxiety and lately I’ve added a few newer songs and They won’t play or they would skip over it h...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Glitchy on iPhone

I am using Spotify on the most updated IOS and all of a sudden my Spotify switches between songs/pauses/fast forwards and rewinds on its own when the screen is locked. Anybody else have this happen recently? I thought getting the new iPhone update mi...

• I am using Spotify on the most updated IOS and all of a sudden my Spotify switches between songs/pauses/fast forwards and rewinds on its own when the screen is locked. Anybody else have this happen r...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app update problem

Recently I’m finding several problems with the Spotify app iOS version. For example once my whole offline music got deleted without any reason and I got kicked out and had to sign in again and redownload everything! Or lately some tracks have to get ...

• Recently I’m finding several problems with the Spotify app iOS version. For example once my whole offline music got deleted without any reason and I got kicked out and had to sign in again and redown...
  • neptunes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Change output device automatically when arriving home

Dear all,is there any possibility to change the output device in the spotify app automatically, when arriving home and connected to wlan?Outside my home I am listen to music with spotify app via headphones and cable and have to change the output manu...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear all, is there any possibility to change the output device in the spotify app automatically, when arriving home and connected to wlan? Outside my home I am listen to music with spotify app via ...
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG IPHONE 8 - IOS 11.2.5

The application behaves unexpectedly, causing the entire IOS system to slow down and the device hangs without a tactile response - IOS 11.2.5 - IPHONE 8

• The application behaves unexpectedly, causing the entire IOS system to slow down and the device hangs without a tactile response - IOS 11.2.5 - IPHONE 8
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on iphone (premium) playing VIA USB in Ford Fiesta - not working

Okay, need some help:I use my iphone to play music.I connect it using the USB port on my centre console, it normally works fine...I got spotify premium to play music without having to HAVE it.The problem is:When I plug the phone in, the music from sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay, need some help: I use my iphone to play music. I connect it using the USB port on my centre console, it normally works fine... I got spotify premium to play music without having to HAVE ...
  • FannyVedel
  • Casual Listener
  • 21 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 4 likes

iPhone, Ford (with USB AUX-in) and repeated next song events

Hi,I'm using my iPhone with Ford integrated radio which has AUX in via USB (I do not have Ford Sync integration). When phone is connected it is being recognized as iPod-like device and I can play songs from my local music library without any problems...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using my iPhone with Ford integrated radio which has AUX in via USB (I do not have Ford Sync integration). When phone is connected it is being recognized as iPod-like device and I can p...
  • FannyVedel
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Incorrect city for concerts

I have moved recently and changed my personal details but I’m still getting concert notifications for my old city and not my new one. Any help appreciated, very frustrating as I’m missing gigs I’d like to attend.

• I have moved recently and changed my personal details but I’m still getting concert notifications for my old city and not my new one.   Any help appreciated, very frustrating as I’m missing gi...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crackling

I've recently noticed that on a whole bunch of tracks on spotify there is this weird crackling in the backgroung. I've tried it on different devices and used different headphones and I still hear this crackling, so I know it's not my equipment. A few...

• I've recently noticed that on a whole bunch of tracks on spotify there is this weird crackling in the backgroung. I've tried it on different devices and used different headphones and I stil...
  • Drawnto_themoon
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

All of my playlists and songs are gone

Where the hack is my playlists and songs?They are all gone a few days ago. I didn’t pay you for this. How can I restore my playlists?I hope you find a way to do that.

• Where the hack is my playlists and songs? They are all gone a few days ago. I didn’t pay you for this. How can I restore my playlists? I hope you find a way to do that.
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playlists gone
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 404

I just bought Spotify premium and it logged me out of my account on my phone and when I tried to log in I get the popup error 404. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling, is there any fix to this error?

• I just bought Spotify premium and it logged me out of my account on my phone and when I tried to log in I get the popup error 404. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling, is there any fix to ...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeps playing the same three artists on repeat

So I have had this app on my iphone 7 plus for a while, and I have loved it, but lately it has been giving me some problems. It only plays songs from the last three artists that I have saved. I have about 108 bands saved and yet I only hear songs fro...

•      So I have had this app on my iphone 7 plus for a while, and I have loved it, but lately it has been giving me some problems.  It only plays songs from the last three artists ...
  • adulozaujec
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Muffled Vocals on iPhone

Hi Everyone, Just downloaded Spotify Premium under a Free Trial for 7 days. When I play audio out of my iPhone 6s through speakers the audio is completely fine. However as soon as I plug in earphones to listen, the vocals become muffled to the point ...

• Hi Everyone,   Just downloaded Spotify Premium under a Free Trial for 7 days.   When I play audio out of my iPhone 6s through speakers the audio is completely fine. However as soon as I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs Won't Play Continuously in Offline Search on iPhone app

Sometimes I just want to play continuous songs I've downloaded from a specific artist on my iPhone app. I used to be able to do this by searching the artist name when offline and playing songs on shuffle. However, now when I search artist name it wil...

• Sometimes I just want to play continuous songs I've downloaded from a specific artist on my iPhone app. I used to be able to do this by searching the artist name when offline and playing songs on shu...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Unknown DIG-L21 device

Hello, I for a week now I’ve been having the following problem: when I start playing music on my iPhone, it sometimes stops and when I open spotify it says that my music is playing on a device called DIG-L21. Initially I thought that this was my othe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I for a week now I’ve been having the following problem: when I start playing music on my iPhone, it sometimes stops and when I open spotify it says that my music is playing on a device called...
  • Kekscheto
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Spotify app layout prevents parts of the screen being accessed while using hotspot

Hi, While using the Spotify iOS application (latest version as of today, iOS 11.2.5, iphone and having a hotspot enabled on your phone a blue bar appears on top of your screen indicating that a hotspot is being enabled by your phone. However, when op...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    While using the Spotify iOS application (latest version as of today, iOS 11.2.5, iphone 😎 and having a hotspot enabled on your phone a blue bar appears on top of your sc...
  • rolfiep
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Disappearing Albums

Specifically 'the promise' by Bruce Springsteen has disappeared after the recent Spotify update. I am assuming there has been an update beacuse all of my downloaded content became unavailable and had to be reaquired. The album cover shows but the tra...

• Casual Listener
  • Specifically 'the promise' by Bruce Springsteen has disappeared after the recent Spotify update. I am assuming there has been an update beacuse all of my downloaded content became unavailable and&nbs...
  • Spyboy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No local files playlist

When i try to add 3rd party music to my spotify playlist, it plays perfectly fine from my computer but doesnt show up on my iphone. even when ive downloaded it on my desktop. there is also no local files playlist when i go into the local files tab

• When i try to add 3rd party music to my spotify playlist, it plays perfectly fine from my computer but doesnt show up on my iphone. even when ive downloaded it on my desktop. there is also no local f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Limit not "resetting"

Dear Spotify, I'm getting the message that I have reached my offline Limit on my iPhone for about 3 weeks now. Despite deleting numerous playlists and albums from my Offline Collection I still am not able to download new albums or playlists. What see...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Spotify,   I'm getting the message that I have reached my offline Limit on my iPhone for about 3 weeks now. Despite deleting numerous playlists and albums from my Offline Collection I sti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

MY LYRICS DON‘T WORK

I have an iPhone SE and Spotify premium but my lyrics don’t work what can I do ? Thank you ! Jay

• I have an iPhone SE and Spotify premium but my lyrics don’t work    what can I do ?    Thank you !   Jay
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes