Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Disconectivity iOS 11

Hi Spotify. I have noticed that your iOS app is not working correctly in the new iOS 11 update. When I connect to my bluetooth speaker, the music starts to "skip around" (that's what it sounds like anyway), and all of the sudden my connection to my b...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify.   I have noticed that your iOS app is not working correctly in the new iOS 11 update. When I connect to my bluetooth speaker, the music starts to "skip around" (that's what it soun...
  • aduncan1
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

Error on Connecting to Speaker

Hey y'all!Suddenly i can't connect to my main speaker from Samsung. But my boyfriend can connect through his android to all our speakers. I have tried to reinstall the samsung multiroom app and spotify app. I even tried to make a new account, but it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey y'all! Suddenly i can't connect to my main speaker from Samsung. But my boyfriend can connect through his android to all our speakers. I have tried to reinstall the samsung multiroom app and spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Login issues on Iphone for family account

Hi, I just opened a family account. I added users, and one is having trouble logging in on her iPhone. She accepted the invite, created a profile online, and downloaded the program onto her computer which works fine. When she tried to login on the ap...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I just opened a family account. I added users, and one is having trouble logging in on her iPhone. She accepted the invite, created a profile online, and downloaded the program onto her computer ...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

how to get AutoPlay option to work?

I found the AutoPlay toggle switch on my iPhone, but turning it off doesn't stop AutoPlay from playing another song. Is there another location where i have to turn off AutoPlay?

• Casual Listener
  • I found the AutoPlay toggle switch on my iPhone, but turning it off doesn't stop AutoPlay from playing another song. Is there another location where i have to turn off AutoPlay?
  • CoIin
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ipod Touch 5 and 6th generation offline songs play in car using USB connection

Hi all, I am considdering buying a new Ipod Touch and want to use Spotify on it. I have a premium account so I can download the songs in offline modus and play without an active internet connection. This is clear. My car has the option to play the so...

• Hi all,   I am considdering buying a new Ipod Touch and want to use Spotify on it. I have a premium account so I can download the songs in offline modus and play without an active interne...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music pauses sometimes

Hello, I have a iPhone 7 Plus and sometimes when I listen to Spotify it pauses... sometimes when I get a notification even if the silent switch is on, can I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a iPhone 7 Plus and sometimes when I listen to Spotify it pauses... sometimes when I get a notification even if the silent switch is on, can I fix this? 
  • zZyrroXx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist privacy settings are inconsistent across platforms

After making a playlist public or secret on the desktop app, the Spotify app does not reflect that change. Moreover, if you change the privacy settings through the iOS app after changing them on the desktop, the settings will toggle in both places (b...

• Regular
  • After making a playlist public or secret on the desktop app, the Spotify app does not reflect that change. Moreover, if you change the privacy settings through the iOS app after changing them on t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Musics keep pausing and skipping

This issue never happened to me before, but now some of my musics can’t be played because spotify keeps skipping it ( the musics that he skips are the one that i originally downloaded on my cellphone and then i imported to spotify, and they used to w...

• Casual Listener
  • This issue never happened to me before, but now some of my musics can’t be played because spotify keeps skipping it ( the musics that he skips are the one that i originally downloaded on my cellphone...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to log in

I got a new iphone and redowloaded the Spotify app for my phone. When I touched the app I got to the create an account or log in screen when I touched log in it didn’t do anything. I tried again still nothing. So I tried to reinstall the app again an...

• I got a new iphone and redowloaded the Spotify app for my phone. When I touched the app I got to the create an account or log in screen when I touched log in it didn’t do anything. I tried again stil...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Losing my Saved Artists/Albums

I have been having continuing issues Saving new albums to My Music. I like to Save albums and artists, and then make them available offline so I don't have to stream them and use up unnecessary data. However, it has been so frustrating because I'll S...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been having continuing issues Saving new albums to My Music. I like to Save albums and artists, and then make them available offline so I don't have to stream them and use up unnecessary data....
  • unhappyjack
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Song progress timer. E.g 45seconds in

The song progress bar on the home screen and in the control panel seem to sometimes be stuck on 0 seconds regardless of how far the song is in

• The song progress bar on the home screen and in the control panel seem to sometimes be stuck on 0 seconds regardless of how far the song is in
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics

First i had the free version (german) and now i have the premium version (english) and there is still no lyrics Funktion? My Girlfriend has the same Phone (IPhone 7) and the same settings but she have lyrics? **bleep** how can i get them too?

• First i had the free version (german)  and now i have the premium version (english) and there is still no lyrics Funktion?   My Girlfriend has the same Phone (IPhone 7) and the same setti...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Name not automatically entered in Playlist anymore

Hi all Thank you in advance for your time. I just spotted that if I add an Album to my playlist I have to type it manually via iPhone. Beforehand there was the album title autmatically entered. Is there a possibility to change this back to the automa...

• Hi all   Thank you in advance for your time. I just spotted that if I add an Album to my playlist I have to type it manually via iPhone. Beforehand there was the album title autmatically ent...
  • markbrauer
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

"Something went wrong" can't like or dislike songs

Radio is constantly giving me an error when trying to thumbs up or down a song. The only consistent way to fix is to uninstall the app and reinstall but that only fixes it for about 24 hours. Is there a solution to this? I am sick of downloading this...

• Casual Listener
  • Radio is constantly giving me an error when trying to thumbs up or down a song. The only consistent way to fix is to uninstall the app and reinstall but that only fixes it for about 24 hours. Is ther...
  • gergelybalint
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Something went wrong
    thumbs down
    thumbs up
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes

Song disappeared suddenly from my PL. please help!!

Hi Guys,please please help me. A few days ago I found a song in the charts which was so great and I immediately saved it in my own playlist. I was playing that song a few days and since today the song disappeared suddenly and I dont find it anymore!!...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Guys, please please help me. A few days ago I found a song in the charts which was so great and I immediately saved it in my own playlist.  I was playing that song a few days and since toda...
  • Diego10x22
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind the lyrics not showing up

I am not receiving the option to see lyrics while listening to music. I have reset my iPhone, reinstalled Spotify, and updated my phone to the current software. I am playing songs that I have seen my friends look at the lyrics for so I know they exis...

• Visitor
  • I am not receiving the option to see lyrics while listening to music. I have reset my iPhone, reinstalled Spotify, and updated my phone to the current software. I am playing songs that I have seen my...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot queue songs in offline mode from playlist

On my iPhone 6 i cannot queue songs in offline mode from a play list. Nothing happens when i press the cicle with the three dots to get up the more alternatives for a track. When i am connected to a wifi network it works fine. Why is this happening? ...

• Casual Listener
  • On my iPhone 6 i cannot queue songs in offline mode from a play list. Nothing happens when i press the cicle with the three dots to get up the more alternatives for a track. When i am connected to a ...
  • Kikilala777
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • offline mode
    queue
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Busqueda en un playlist reproduce aleatorio

Tengo premium y el problema es que al buscar en una playlist (que contiene varios artistas) uno en particular la reproduccion que hace es aleatoria o diferente a la busqueda que se hizo, ¿alguien sabe que puedo hacer? Uso iPhone y la app esta actuali...

• Tengo premium y el problema es que al buscar en una playlist (que contiene varios artistas) uno en particular la reproduccion que hace es aleatoria o diferente a la busqueda que se hizo, ¿alguie...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue button not working

I don’t have premium on my phone and after the 23 jan 2018 update my queue button had stopped working. I have tried restarting my phone and re installing the app but no luck. I press the button for the queue but no response. Please help

• I don’t have premium on my phone and after the 23 jan 2018 update my queue button had stopped working. I have tried restarting my phone and re installing the app but no luck. I press the button for t...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes