Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

"An error occurred. Try again" everywhere. App is unusable.

iPhone 7+, running iOS 10.1.1 and Spotify v7.5.0.1023. I'm able to log into the app, but nothing else. When I go to any tab (Home, Browse, Search, Radio) I get the three loading dots for a second, then am greeted with the error "An error occurred. Tr...

• Casual Listener
  • iPhone 7+, running iOS 10.1.1 and Spotify v7.5.0.1023. I'm able to log into the app, but nothing else. When I go to any tab (Home, Browse, Search, Radio) I get the three loading dots for a secon...
  • ryannerocha
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly skips songs when moving iPhone

Whenever I move my iPhone, such as when it is in the pocket at the gym or if I am running, songs randomly skip or fast forward. It does this so much it's impossible to listen to music. I tried reinstalling Spotify but it didn't help.What can I do? It...

• Whenever I move my iPhone, such as when it is in the pocket at the gym or if I am running, songs randomly skip or fast forward. It does this so much it's impossible to listen to music. I tried reinst...
  • ElsaGottvall
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see who added songs on collaborative playlists

I have several collaborative playlists and it's always fun to see who of my friends is adding songs, but all of a sudden, it's no longer showing that information on the iPhone app. Just the song, artist, and album. Anyone know why this is or how to v...

• I have several collaborative playlists and it's always fun to see who of my friends is adding songs, but all of a sudden, it's no longer showing that information on the iPhone app. Just the song, art...
  • Roc73
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Iphone

Have spotify premium.downloaded spotify multiple times. Will only get basic.Account info up to date and paid.Message says my premium trial is over when I log in

• Casual Listener
  • Have spotify premium.downloaded spotify multiple times. Will only get basic. Account info up to date and paid. Message says my premium trial is over when I log in
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App crashing each time i try to add a song to a playlist

As soon as I open the drop down menu and press any button from the selection , for example add song to playlist, the app just crashes.

• Casual Listener
  • As soon as I open the drop down menu and press any button from the selection , for example add song to playlist, the app just crashes.
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashes

I have never been more frustrated with a service I pay for. Before I upgraded the app worked fine, now that they're stealing my money I can play about fifteen seconds of music before the app crashes. I'll admit, my iPhone is the smallest iPhone 5 ava...

• I have never been more frustrated with a service I pay for. Before I upgraded the app worked fine, now that they're stealing my money I can play about fifteen seconds of music before the app crashes....
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No longer possible to download tracks even though I emptied the library

Hi there, I can no longer download any tracks even though I undownloaded my entire library on all my devices, reset my iphone AND removed all offline devices in my account, still I'm not able to download any new tracks. is there anything else I can d...

• Hi there,   I can no longer download any tracks even though I undownloaded my entire library on all my devices, reset my iphone AND removed all offline devices in my account, still I'm not abl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can I not be online even if I am connected to wifi?

While there is no problem with my internet connection, I look offline. I tried to close offline mode but nothing changed. May it be because of ios9?

• While there is no problem with my internet connection, I look offline. I tried to close offline mode but nothing changed. May it be because of ios9?
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music pauses and random artists are showing up in recents

Hello,I've had Spotify premium for just over a year now and recently I've started having problems with music pausing during songs. When I go onto the app it says that my account is being used from a different device, but I have shut it down on all of...

• Hello, I've had Spotify premium for just over a year now and recently I've started having problems with music pausing during songs. When I go onto the app it says that my account is being used from ...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing all songs

Hi, How do I play all the songs that are part of my Spotify library now? It used to work that I could put them all in one folder playlist and shuffle from there, but that option has been removed it seems. Please let me know! Thanks!

• Hi,   How do I play all the songs that are part of my Spotify library now?  It used to work that I could put them all in one folder playlist and shuffle from there, but that option has be...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Local file issue

So Spotify is not letting me download my local files onto my IPhone. I have them all in the playlist I want to download and am connected to same wifi while trying to download them. I have Spotify open on my phone and on my computer at the same time a...

• So Spotify is not letting me download my local files onto my IPhone. I have them all in the playlist I want to download and am connected to same wifi while trying to download them. I have Spotify ope...
  • Setnom07
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Access Artist Songs

Just switched from Apple Music to Spotify and getting used to the interface. It seems like a super simple thing, but I can't figure out how to actually see an artist's songs when I'm on their page. You can see their albums and singles, but this is pr...

• Just switched from Apple Music to Spotify and getting used to the interface. It seems like a super simple thing, but I can't figure out how to actually see an artist's songs when I'm on their page. Y...
  • livie0727
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Increase in ads for free users?

So the last two days I have noticed a huge increase in ads as a free user. I'm not sure if this is just an IOS issue but I'm not aware of one on the web player, granted I haven't used it as much to know for sure. I get about 3-4 ads for every 2 or 3 ...

• Regular
  • So the last two days I have noticed a huge increase in ads as a free user. I'm not sure if this is just an IOS issue but I'm not aware of one on the web player, granted I haven't used it as much to k...
  • benfefe
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

connection application autoradio pioneer

bonjour depuis la dernier mise a jour spotify 8.4.063 sur apple , l'application spotify sur l'autoradio pioneer avh x5800dab ne se connecte plus sur l'iphone .je suis obliger de passer sur le mode ipod sur l'autoradio !

• bonjour depuis la dernier mise a jour spotify 8.4.063 sur apple , l'application spotify sur l'autoradio pioneer avh x5800dab ne se connecte plus sur l'iphone .je suis obliger de passer sur le mode ip...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find Spotify network, dns problem

I have had Spotify premium for just over a year now and haven't had a problem with it until now. All of a sudden I get an error saying "can't find Spotify network (a dns problem has occurred), this only happens when I do not have wifi. I do have my c...

• I have had Spotify premium for just over a year now and haven't had a problem with it until now. All of a sudden I get an error saying "can't find Spotify network (a dns problem has occurred), this o...
  • op1ekun
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

iPad app

I downloaded the app on my iPad, and I am on Premium as well. But, why the **bleep** it requires an internet connection when I want to play my playlist/songs that are already downloaded?

• I downloaded the app on my iPad, and I am on Premium as well. But, why the **bleep** it requires an internet connection when I want to play my playlist/songs that are already downloaded?
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Online even when mobile data turned off for Spotify

I am using the Spotify app v 7.5.0 on iphone. I have my wireless turned off, the mobile data turned on and the mobile data for Spotify turned off. My Spotify should be offline and use no internet. Yet, it is online and it is using my mobile data.

• Casual Listener
  • I am using the Spotify app v 7.5.0 on iphone. I have my wireless turned off, the mobile data turned on and the mobile data for Spotify turned off. My Spotify should be offline and use no interne...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

No Push Notifications

I am aware that desktop notifications have been turned off (which I think is a horrible idea by Spotify), however, have ALL notifications been turned off including for iphone? I have all the options marked in my settings to recieve notifications and ...

• I am aware that desktop notifications have been turned off (which I think is a horrible idea by Spotify), however, have ALL notifications been turned off including for iphone? I have all the options ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing while downloading

I've been a premium Spotify member for 3 years now. Love it, but for 3 years I've had the same problem.The app constantly crashes while downloading.YES i've downlaoded the latest version.YES I've deleted and reinstalled (and lost the libraries I've a...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a premium Spotify member for 3 years now. Love it, but for 3 years I've had the same problem. The app constantly crashes while downloading. YES i've downlaoded the latest version. YE...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My browse option isn't working

All of the sudden my browse option isn't working, it says there is an error. I tried reinstalling but it still isn't working.I'm using IOS 9.3.5Spotify version 8.4.0.643

• All of the sudden my browse option isn't working, it says there is an error. I tried reinstalling but it still isn't working. I'm using IOS 9.3.5 Spotify version 8.4.0.643
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes