Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! How Do You Delete Songs from Starred Playlist

I am having trouble with the new version of Spotify. I have no idea how to remove songs from the Starred Playlist. It shows the songs on my playlist and there is a circle with three little dots inside. When I click that, it shows options like "Save" ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am having trouble with the new version of Spotify.  I have no idea how to remove songs from the Starred Playlist.  It shows the songs on my playlist and there is a circle with three littl...
  • suzydevs
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Preview song shared on facebook

Why some song shared on facebook isn't possible listen to preview(30 sec)?

• Casual Listener
  • Why some song shared on facebook isn't possible listen to preview(30 sec)?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Gift Card

I also recently bought a spotify gift card.I want to exchange on the website: www.spotify.com/redeem but they say it is not accessible.

• I also recently bought a spotify gift card. I want to exchange on the website: www.spotify.com/redeem but they say it is not accessible.
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

Why won't it let me upgrade my premium. My app says that my trial has expired but when i try to upgrade it says that I already have a similar account?

• Why won't it let me upgrade my premium. My app says that my trial has expired but when i try to upgrade it says that I already have a similar account?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffle Not Being Shuffled

For the past couple of days, I've been listening to Spotify on my phone. And even though I DO NOT have Spotify Premium, and my only option is to shuffle, the music isn't being shuffled. It is not playing in order, but for the past couple of days, I'v...

• Casual Listener
  • For the past couple of days, I've been listening to Spotify on my phone. And even though I DO NOT have Spotify Premium, and my only option is to shuffle, the music isn't being shuffled. It is not pla...
  • kaylanorris
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music search

Hey guys I've recently been searching for songs from an early Eskimo joe album called a song is a city. When I search my Spotify tells me there are no results however the album is available through the site and also on all of my mates Spotify account...

• Regular
  • Hey guys I've recently been searching for songs from an early Eskimo joe album called a song is a city. When I search my Spotify tells me there are no results however the album is available through t...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Music does not mute when I take or make a call

Using my iPhone 6 in car over BT to make a call while Spotify is playing. Music mutes until I answer the call or it starts ringing on the other end. Very annoying, have reinstalled Spotify bot no fix, still plays while I am on call. Suggestions?

• Using my iPhone 6 in car over BT to make a call while Spotify is playing. Music mutes until I answer the call or it starts ringing on the other end. Very annoying, have reinstalled Spotify bot no fix...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! voice control for ios

Will spotify work with Siri like apple music So I can say play song and Spotify will play the song and not use Apple music. Or maybe there is an app that can? I have soundhound but I can get it to work like siri does with Apple Music.. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Will spotify work with Siri like apple music  So I can say play song and Spotify will play the song and not use Apple music. Or maybe there is an app that can? I have soundhound but I can get it...
  • savannahmeyer
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music won't play offline

I'm using the premium verison on an iPhone 6, I have downloaded my music, they all have green arrows next to them. But they won't play while I'm offline. I have tried re-downloading, deleting the app and re-installing but nothing. All play fine when ...

• I'm using the premium verison on an iPhone 6, I have downloaded my music, they all have green arrows next to them. But they won't play while I'm offline. I have tried re-downloading, deleting the app...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Radio - Ipad App

Is it possible to create a radio station from a playlist on the Spotify Ipad App like you can on the Mac Spotify App? If so how do you do this?

• Casual Listener
  • Is it possible to create a radio station from a playlist on the Spotify Ipad App like you can on the Mac Spotify App?  If so how do you do this?
  • aroy11462
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won't play in right order and shuffle is off

I have Spotify premium but when my playlist is sorted by artist it plays songs in random order for no reason. However if I have the playlist sorted by any other way it works like it's supposed to. Any idea what's making it shuffle only when listed by...

• I have Spotify premium but when my playlist is sorted by artist it plays songs in random order for no reason. However if I have the playlist sorted by any other way it works like it's supposed to. An...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New layout

Need some help to get the newest layout for spotify. Have tried to reinstall but still no new layout. If someone else is trying to log in om my phone the new layout is there, so it seems to be a problem with my account.

• Need some help to get the newest layout for spotify. Have tried to reinstall but still no new layout. If someone else is trying to log in om my phone the new layout is there, so it seems to be a prob...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming issue from Spotify App to Denon DM40 via Airport Express

Hi All, I have decided that I would like to play my Spotify Music (located on an Iphone 6S Plus via the app) onto our new Denon DM40 system. The phone is connected to the Denon Hi-Fi via Apple's Airport Express router thus giving the Hi-Fi Apple's Ai...

• Hi All,   I have decided that I would like to play my Spotify Music (located on an Iphone 6S Plus via the app) onto our new Denon DM40 system. The phone is connected to the Denon Hi-Fi vi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Going on artist doesn't take me to their page

So, until recently this issue only affected one artist. Now it seems to be affecting a few more.In my "Recently played" list of playlists, artists and whatnot when I click on an artist it would usually take me to the artist's page (which is my prefer...

• So, until recently this issue only affected one artist. Now it seems to be affecting a few more. In my "Recently played" list of playlists, artists and whatnot when I click on an artist it would usu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sign in iPhone 5s

I can't sign in it says I already have an account when I type my password and username or email correctly if I try to login with facebook it says error 404 so I removed it from my facebook tried again and it didn't work I also tried deleting the app ...

• I can't sign in it says I already have an account when I type my password and username or email correctly if I try to login with facebook it says error 404 so I removed it from my facebook tried agai...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't play songs when using LTE

I'm a Spotify Premium subscriber and I can't play songs that aren't downloaded on data. I have T-Mobile and an iPhone SE. If I'm using data and open Spotify, a message will appear the the bottom of the screen that says "you are offline". I have frien...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a Spotify Premium subscriber and I can't play songs that aren't downloaded on data. I have T-Mobile and an iPhone SE. If I'm using data and open Spotify, a message will appear the the bottom of t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify offline

I have Spotify premium and do not have much cellular data so in iPhone settings I turn cellular data off for Spotify and only listen to downloaded songs. Lately Spotify has still been online and loads things even though I have cellular data off for i...

• Regular
  • I have Spotify premium and do not have much cellular data so in iPhone settings I turn cellular data off for Spotify and only listen to downloaded songs. Lately Spotify has still been online and load...
  • dillpick8
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Car Bluetooth connection not streaming

Hey all,When I connect my iPhone to the Bluetooth in my car (2017 VW Jetta), it says connected, but when I go to play music on Spotify it does not stream. It says playing, then stops after a couple seconds. I am still able to make calls via Bluetooth...

• Hey all, When I connect my iPhone to the Bluetooth in my car (2017 VW Jetta), it says connected, but when I go to play music on Spotify it does not stream. It says playing, then stops after a coup...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes