Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Login failed

I'm always logged in on spotify. A few days ago it suddenly logged out and now I can't log back in. I tried logging in with Facebook and also tried it manually but nothing seems to work.

• I'm always logged in on spotify. A few days ago it suddenly logged out and now I can't log back in. I tried logging in with Facebook and also tried it manually but nothing seems to work.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify restarts every time I open the app.

Spotify restarts every time I switch to the app, and it always takes about a minute+ to do so. I can see the app running in the background when I double tap the button on the iPhone, but it still restarts. On the contrary, If I play music and switch ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify restarts every time I switch to the app, and it always takes about a minute+ to do so. I can see the app running in the background when I double tap the button on the iPhone, but it still res...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat TRACK Mode has gone??

I've downloaded latest Spitify App update on iPad and note that the facility to see the song title, time, repeat mode and continuous repeat mode, which you accessed by tapping the up arrow icon, is gone. All the arrow gives you now is the album artwo...

• I've downloaded latest Spitify App update on iPad and note that the facility to see the song title, time, repeat mode and continuous repeat mode, which you accessed by tapping the up arrow icon, is g...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Update 5.5.0 Can't connect

Just updated to the version 5.5.0 that came out today (April 27, 2016) and now I can't connect (Error:102). Tried logging in and out and restarting my iPhone 6 (9.3.1). Worked fine 15 minutes ago before updating and works on my desktop app. UPDATE: H...

• Just updated to the version 5.5.0 that came out today (April 27, 2016) and now I can't connect (Error:102). Tried logging in and out and restarting my iPhone 6 (9.3.1). Worked fine 15 minutes ago bef...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone App Crashed Big Time

iPhone 6 - IOS 9.3.1App version - 5.4.0.1011 (premium account)Free space on the phone: 50 GBI was listening to spotify with the phone connected via Bluetooth on the car radio, suddenly the phone turned of and would only turn back on if I connected th...

• iPhone 6 - IOS 9.3.1 App version - 5.4.0.1011 (premium account) Free space on the phone: 50 GB I was listening to spotify with the phone connected via Bluetooth on the car radio, suddenly the ph...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping tracks issue, then plays them!

Recently when i have listened to a playlist, say if i skip the first few songs then listen to third; Once this song is finished it goes back to the first track that i skipped, then the next then it will find a new song... hope this makes sense! This ...

• Recently when i have listened to a playlist, say if i skip the first few songs then listen to third; Once this song is finished it goes back to the first track that i skipped, then the next then...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone logout and erasing offline playlists

I'm having troubles with my premium spotify. When I'm opening the app sometimes inhave to login again and when I'm in i have to re-download all my songs.Anyone who can help me with that?It's very annoying to downloand again more than 1000 songs. That...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having troubles with my premium spotify. When I'm opening the app sometimes inhave to login again and when I'm in i have to re-download all my songs. Anyone who can help me with that? It's very...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding song to playlist during shuffle restarts the shuffle queue

STR:- go to a playlist or 'My songs'- start shuffle playback of all songs- skip e.g four songs during playback and remember them.- add the fifth song to an existing playlist of yours or 'MySongs' by pressing ' ... ' in playback view and select 'add t...

• STR: - go to a playlist or 'My songs' - start shuffle playback of all songs - skip e.g four songs during playback and remember them. - add the fifth song to an existing playlist of yours or 'MySo...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle in playlists
    Shuffle in songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Alphabetical scrolling bar missing on right in playlist view?

My app is obviously updated to the latest and I still do not have aplhabetical scrolling on iPhone 6 plus

• Casual Listener
  • My app is obviously updated to the latest and I still do not have aplhabetical scrolling on iPhone 6 plus
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I pay and i can't get premium.

I paid and avail for premium like 3 times already but I still do not have my Spotify premium here in my iphone. My credit card balance is still being reduced even if it was not sucessfully availed

• I paid and avail for premium like 3 times already but I still do not have my Spotify premium here in my iphone. My credit card balance is still being reduced even if it was not sucessfully availed
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium

Hi I recently registered to GoSurf 499 and my spotify premium wont activate, I always get an error message saying someone is already using my no. or something.. I registered GoSurf 299 early this month and no luck with my free spotify premium as well...

• Hi I recently registered to GoSurf 499 and my spotify premium wont activate, I always get an error message saying someone is already using my no. or something.. I registered GoSurf 299 early this mon...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

sharing a song

this week something changed.usually I can share a song ie select share, select message and the recipient can press the link to enjoy the tune.its not working.we have reset our account, updated cc info, erased and reset spotify on each device....not s...

• Casual Listener
  • this week something changed. usually I can share a song ie select share, select message and the recipient can press the link to enjoy the tune. its not working. we have reset our account, updated ...
  • palaaudrey
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm not being able to listen to the album carbono from lenine

Everytime I try to listen to it, the only thing the I hear is a bunch of noise like it is off the grid or something

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I try to listen to it, the only thing the I hear is a bunch of noise like it is off the grid or something
  • Whitepollyanna
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not sync music to iPhone

Hi everyone Even though my iPhone appears in the 'devices' tab in Spotify, spotify does not sync the local files to my iPhone. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Spotify on both my iPhone and my laptop. I am 100% sure that both my laptop...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone   Even though my iPhone appears in the 'devices' tab in Spotify,  spotify does not sync the local files to my iPhone. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Spotify...
  • jesseisfriendly
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

Waiting for WiFi: won't download on LTE

I'm trying to make a playlist available offline but it only says waiting for WiFi instead of downloading over cellular. I have cellular data enabled for the app. Can I not make a playlist available offline unless I'm on WiFi?

• I'm trying to make a playlist available offline but it only says waiting for WiFi instead of downloading over cellular. I have cellular data enabled for the app. Can I not make a playlist available o...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New updates turns on cell data

I have cellular data off for Spotify since I download most stuff for offline use. However everytime I download a new update, when I open Spotify it's using cell data. I have to go into settings and turn it on then off again for it too stop. It's happ...

• Visitor
  • I have cellular data off for Spotify since I download most stuff for offline use. However everytime I download a new update, when I open Spotify it's using cell data. I have to go into settings and t...
  • StegmeM
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I have purchased in appstore and doesnt work

I have purchased premium in appstore while I was logged in and it does not work as how it should be, still free....

• I have purchased premium in appstore while I was logged in and it does not work as how it should be, still free....
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premuim not syncing with iPhone

I've been reading posts and threads and still haven't been able to fix this: How do I sync up my iOS with my account? I just upgraded to premium and have connected my device to my computer. I clicked on devices when it came up and clicked "Sync all m...

• I've been reading posts and threads and still haven't been able to fix this: How do I sync up my iOS with my account?  I just upgraded to premium and have connected my device to my computer.&nbs...
  • liz9864
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Problem

So I bought Spotify Premium again after my premium ran out. I bought it again but got nothing losing the option to even buy it again. However my account is still a free account on IOS after re installing, plus on the website. Im not sitting with a 12...

• Casual Listener
  • So I bought Spotify Premium again after my premium ran out. I bought it again but got nothing losing the option to even buy it again. However my account is still a free account on IOS after re instal...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Huge battery sucker found and fixed!

Hi everyone,I have read dozens of complaints from Spotify users saying their battery dies unreasonably fast. I have found the culprit and I found how to stop this waste of energy.the problem is Unless you turn it off, Spotify is publishing all of you...

• Hi everyone, I have read dozens of complaints from Spotify users saying their battery dies unreasonably fast. I have found the culprit and I found how to stop this waste of energy. the problem is...
  • andi_c
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes