Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify Connect - Multiple Speakers/Devices

I am having issues with connecting to my samsung soundbar JW-650 using spotify connect with my iPhone. When plaing a song it says down the bottom that 'devices available' and when clicking on this it brings up 'Listening on this iPhone' and '[Samsung...

• I am having issues with connecting to my samsung soundbar JW-650 using spotify connect with my iPhone.  When plaing a song it says down the bottom that 'devices available' and when clicking on t...
  • BryanHutchinson
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Won't Sync

My local files won't sync up to my iPhone. I have the songs on my laptop, in a specific folder, and in my preferences settings for Spotify, it is able to locate the folder with the songs in them. When I click local files on my laptop, I'm able to see...

• My local files won't sync up to my iPhone. I have the songs on my laptop, in a specific folder, and in my preferences settings for Spotify, it is able to locate the folder with the songs in them...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playing songs replaced by a previously listened playlist song on iPhone 6

Hi,i have a iPhone 6 with Spotify premium for a few weeks now, I have my playing songs interrupted by a song from a previously listened playlist. It is really weird and annoying.is it a problem of caching ?i have installed musixmatch, with a connecti...

• Hi, i have a iPhone 6 with Spotify premium   for a few weeks now, I have my playing songs interrupted by a song from a previously listened playlist.  It is really weird and annoying. is...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connection

Hi, I have spotify premuim. I have some music without connection. But when i have 4G takes this music data or not ? Thx Greetz

• Hi,    I have spotify premuim. I have some music without connection. But when i have 4G takes this music data or not ?    Thx    Greetz 
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

offline wont work

Hey People, So I'm on premium and all my songs are synced, but when im offline it wont show any music. If i start listening online then go offline it is fine. but if i want to start listening from offline, no songs show up. HALP!!!

• Casual Listener
  • Hey People,   So I'm on premium and all my songs are synced, but when im offline it wont show any music. If i start listening online then go offline it is fine. but if i want to start lis...
  • paypaytr88
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant go Your Music anymore in offline mode

This was working before some near updateNow its impossible to go if u didnt have connection its says go online to see library but i have already downloaded songs in fact i can listen them if i search but Your Music isnt working its messed up

• Regular
  • This was working before some near update Now its impossible to go if u didnt have connection its says go online to see library but i have already downloaded songs in fact i can listen them if i se...
  • paypaytr88
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music won't sync to offline, gray arrow isn't even showing up

So I was putting songs on my playlist when I noticed after awhile my songs weren't becoming available offline. I know what to do when the grey arrow shows up, but there isn't a grey arrow that shows up next to the song at all. I have 40gb of space so...

• So I was putting songs on my playlist when I noticed after awhile my songs weren't becoming available offline. I know what to do when the grey arrow shows up, but there isn't a grey arrow that shows ...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can only play songs in shuffle mode and only for a few seconds

I have an iPhone 5s and a Premium account. For some reason, I can only play songs on my playlists in shuffle mode. And sometimes songs play for only a few seconds (like 30 - 60) and then I can't hear them anymore but it looks like the continue playin...

• Visitor
  • I have an iPhone 5s and a Premium account. For some reason, I can only play songs on my playlists in shuffle mode. And sometimes songs play for only a few seconds (like 30 - 60) and then I can't hear...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Weekly playlist was not updated last Monday

My weekly playlist wasn't updated this week, my username is matiasdereI have a playlist from Monday 6 of March

• My weekly playlist wasn't updated this week, my username is matiasdere I have a playlist from Monday 6 of March
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Free subscription in Italy with Three

Hello, I would like to ask I am currently on a three mobile UK sim only unlimited data deal with an iPhone 6. I am going to Italy in the next 10 days and I currently have Spotify free not the premium. I wanted to know if when I go to Italy will I sti...

• Hello, I would like to ask I am currently on a three mobile UK sim only unlimited data deal with an iPhone 6. I am going to Italy in the next 10 days and I currently have Spotify free not the premium...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Following an Artist's Complete Catalog

I begrudgingly switch to Spotify after Rdio's collapse. One issue I would like to see addressed is the Artists section of Your Library. When you follow an Artist and navigate to them thru Your Music (which seems logical) it only shows a list of songs...

• I begrudgingly switch to Spotify after Rdio's collapse.  One issue I would like to see addressed is the Artists section of Your Library.  When you follow an Artist and navigate to them thru...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does the sound disappear halfway through every song???

I went jogging yesterday and about halfway through every song the sound would disappear without the song pauseing. When I skipped a few seconds forwards or backwards in the song the sound came back. Then it played for about 1 minute before the sound ...

• I went jogging yesterday and about halfway through every song the sound would disappear without the song pauseing. When I skipped a few seconds forwards or backwards in the song the sound came back. ...
  • theginjaninja69
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

enter in an iphone

When i try to go in to spotify in my iphone4s(new iphone i never tried it before) it always says to me that I can't use Spotify more than 14 days in a foreign country. The problem is that, I am not in a foreign country. My mobile phone is spanish, I ...

• When i try to go in to spotify in my iphone4s(new iphone i never tried it before) it always says to me that I can't use Spotify more than 14 days in a foreign country. The problem is that, I am not i...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipad volume button fault

I have an Ipad that sometimes is used as remote for other playback units. The volumebutton at the edge of the Ipad now only can lower the playback volume. Half the button seems to be inactive so I can't raise the volume back up again. Edit: the probl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Ipad that sometimes is used as remote for other playback units. The volumebutton at the edge of the Ipad now only can lower the playback volume. Half the button seems to be inactive so I ca...
  • dahlberg
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify wont play music on my iphone

When ever i try to shuffle play on my iphone the song is selected but no music plays, no error messages or anything happens, just simply nothing happens. This happens when I am conncected and online.

• Casual Listener
  • When ever i try to shuffle play on my iphone the song is selected but no music plays, no error messages or anything happens, just simply nothing happens. This happens when I am conncected and online....
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] Serious issue with stopping playback

Dear Spotify, I would like to report a serious issue with Spotify for iPhone. I don't know if this applies to other versions as well. When playing music through headphones or AirPlay, it should automatically stop when either unplugging the headphones...

• Dear Spotify,   I would like to report a serious issue with Spotify for iPhone. I don't know if this applies to other versions as well.   When playing music through headphones or A...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not syncing local files from Mac to iPhone 6S+,

So this has always been buggy for me since I started my premium account about a year or two ago...So...I have my mp3 files all together in my "Documents" on my hard drive. I set spotify to pull those songs from that location under sources. Those mp3 ...

• So this has always been buggy for me since I started my premium account about a year or two ago...So...I have my mp3 files all together in my "Documents" on my hard drive. I set spotify to pull those...
  • johnsta13
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Devialet

Does anyone know if there's a possibility to stream via Ipad/Spotify directly to a Devialet? Would be great!

• Casual Listener
  • Does anyone know if there's a possibility to stream via Ipad/Spotify directly to a Devialet? Would be great!
  • adspeksnijder
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone Shortcut

Hello, I have used spotify for years with no problems and now it is behaving strangely. I have my music playing via bluetooth or headphones in the morning. Before, provided I had not closed the app, no matter how much later if Spotify was the last th...

• Hello,   I have used spotify for years with no problems and now it is behaving strangely. I have my music playing via bluetooth or headphones in the morning. Before, provided I had not closed ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files available offline

I recently downloaded an album on my desktop. I was able to get the album on my desktop version of spotify but I want it to be available on my iphone, I turned on "available offline" mode but it isn't downloading. Any help is appreciated.

• I recently downloaded an album on my desktop. I was able to get the album on my desktop version of spotify but I want it to be available on my iphone, I turned on "available offline" mode but it isn'...
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes