Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! Won't sync local files, says it's pending all the time

I updated to the latest version, and was playing around and pressed that button that said "Available Offline" at the top of the local files playlist on your iPhone, then switched it back. After that all the songs disappeared in my local files playlis...

• Regular
  • I updated to the latest version, and was playing around and pressed that button that said "Available Offline" at the top of the local files playlist on your iPhone, then switched it back. After that ...
  • Sarai_3891
  • 66 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Constant crashes on iPhone (iOS 8.2)

Whenever I try to open the Spotify app on my phone, it keeps crashing to the startup screen with the Apple logo. I've never had a problem in the past, but for some reason (probably the new version of Spotify) makes everything crash. I've restarted my...

• Regular
  • Whenever I try to open the Spotify app on my phone, it keeps crashing to the startup screen with the Apple logo. I've never had a problem in the past, but for some reason (probably the new version of...
  • McOwners
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Not being able to log into my account

I signed up with my facebook and use it regularly on my ps4 but last night it stop working and i thought it was a glitch so i left it. I tried again today but it still wasn't working so i tried signing in on my iphone but it said there was an error w...

• I signed up with my facebook and use it regularly on my ps4 but last night it stop working and i thought it was a glitch so i left it. I tried again today but it still wasn't working so i tried signi...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs don't play

Hi,I searched some songs on my iphone app (mostly covers or remixes) and I couldn't find them.Then I searched them in the web player and some would appear, but they weren't clickable, they wouldn't play, they just appear (for example the song graveya...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I searched some songs on my iphone app (mostly covers or remixes) and I couldn't find them. Then I searched them in the web player and some would appear, but they weren't clickable, they wouldn...
  • CleoPol
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY ON IPHONE

HI THERE My son has spotify premium on his iphone to listen to music, He had a B&W zepplin for his birthday and wants to listen to music through it via his iphone/spotify app. is this possible? Typical bird question I'm sure but if the music playing ...

• HI THERE My son has spotify premium on his iphone to listen to music, He had a B&W zepplin for his birthday and wants to listen to music through it via his iphone/spotify app. is this possible? T...
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Family premium

I've just signed my daughter to family member, her account is active but it's still showing my playlists, how does she make her own playlists?.

• I've just signed my daughter to family member, her account is active but it's still showing my playlists, how does she make her own playlists?.
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't save to My Music on IOS/iPhone...?

So, I have an iPhone 5s and went to save a tune to My Music from my phone. Doing so gives me an error message stating: "All filled up. Epic collection, friend. There's no more room in Your Music. To save more, you'll need to remove some songs or albu...

• So, I have an iPhone 5s and went to save a tune to My Music from my phone. Doing so gives me an error message stating: "All filled up. Epic collection, friend. There's no more room in Your Music. To ...
  • brookebickley
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! iPhone 5S won't play any songs online or offline that I've downloaded offline

I did a quick scan and I couldn't see anyone with this problem so I hope I'm not being annoying and stating a problem that happens frequently, but basically I made a playlist with about 110 songs, I then thought I'd check out the offline features on ...

• Casual Listener
  • I did a quick scan and I couldn't see anyone with this problem so I hope I'm not being annoying and stating a problem that happens frequently, but basically I made a playlist with about 110 songs, I ...
  • wildfitzy
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iPhone 5S
    Offline playlists unavailable
    songs unavailable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Moving playlist from iphone to pc

I've made a playlist on my phone (iPhone 4) and I want to get it now on my computer. How do I do this? I see how I would get a computer playlist on my mobile but I can't see how I can do it the other way round.

• I've made a playlist on my phone (iPhone 4) and I want to get it now on my computer. How do I do this? I see how I would get a computer playlist on my mobile but I can't see how I can do it the other...
  • nowayniggah
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No Party Mode

Selecting Party under Genres only sends me to playlists, no option for mood or beat syncing. I used to have it! Iphone 7 with latest ios and spotify updates.

• Casual Listener
  • Selecting Party under Genres only sends me to playlists, no option for mood or beat syncing. I used to have it! Iphone 7 with latest ios and spotify updates.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Still streaming when offline mode activated

Hey. When I put an album or playlist in offline mode on certain wifis, all songs are apparently downloaded super fast, but when i want to listen to these without wifi or cellular, it doesn't work. Only works when im online. It's really annoying as th...

• Hey. When I put an album or playlist in offline mode on certain wifis, all songs are apparently downloaded super fast, but when i want to listen to these without wifi or cellular, it doesn't work. On...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song is jumping

Why the song played fast forward? Any idea? Is it because of my iphone setting?please help

• Casual Listener
  • Why the song played fast forward? Any idea? Is it because of my iphone setting?please help
  • shat4
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files greyed out

hi, Ive looked at loads of threads and still can't fix my problem. I want to be able to listen to my local files from my macbook on my ipad so i have the correct local files to be availibl on spotify. They show up on my ipad but they are greyed out, ...

• Casual Listener
  • hi, Ive looked at loads of threads and still can't fix my problem. I want to be able to listen to my local files from my macbook on my ipad so i have the correct local files to be availibl on spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No salen carátulas ni letras

Hola, tengo Spotify premium desde hace mucho, y desde hace un tiempo no me aparecen ni las caratulas de los CD ni tampoco las letras, todo esto conectada al WIFI desde casa, y se quedan en negro como si no exitiesen. Me lo he desistalado y vuelto a i...

• Hola, tengo Spotify premium desde hace mucho, y desde hace un tiempo no me aparecen ni las caratulas de los CD ni tampoco las letras, todo esto conectada al WIFI desde casa, y se quedan en negro como...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Available offline

Hi, I'm new to Spotify and want to know why there is an opsition "available offline" in artists, albums and songs and what is the difference. Where as Apple makes "available offline or online".

• Visitor
  • Hi, I'm new to Spotify and want to know why there is an opsition "available offline" in artists, albums and songs and what is the difference. Where as Apple makes "available offline or online". 
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Availability and Playback HELP!!!! Iphone 6s+

Hello, So I recently upgraded to premium (yesterday) for the offline feature. I downloaded a couple of my playlists, but when I go to offline mode, they don't play. I tried exiting the app, signing in and out, and even deleting and re installing the ...

• Hello,   So I recently upgraded to premium (yesterday) for the offline feature.  I downloaded a couple of my playlists, but when I go to offline mode, they don't play.  I tried exiti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Feedback on iOS app

I've been hearing a lot of feedback about the update for PC/Linux/Mac but I would like to know what you like or dislike about the spotify apple app.

• Composer
  • I've been hearing a lot of feedback about the update for PC/Linux/Mac but I would like to know what you like or dislike about the spotify apple app.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I stop imported songs from changing to different version?

I imported a local file song (Reality by Black Moon) onto Spotify as only the instrumental version existed on the database, but everytime I download it onto my phone it changes from the local file version, to the instrumental version that I didn't ev...

• Regular
  • I imported a local file song (Reality by Black Moon) onto Spotify as only the instrumental version existed on the database, but everytime I download it onto my phone it changes from the local file ve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Blank Album Work.

For about a year now my album work has been disappearing and going blank whenever I'm offline. This has happened on my old iPhone 5C, and now it's finally happening on my iPhone 6. Whenever I connect to Wifi the album work appears again, but then dis...

• Casual Listener
  • For about a year now my album work has been disappearing and going blank whenever I'm offline. This has happened on my old iPhone 5C, and now it's finally happening on my iPhone 6. Whenever I co...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Sorting playlists ?!

When will you make the playlist options the same for mobilephones as they are for pc ? I would really like to sort my playlists so that the latest added track is on the top... And what about sorting by title, artist etc ?? -Thomas

• When will you make the playlist options the same for mobilephones as they are for pc ? I would really like to sort my playlists so that the latest added track is on the top... And what about sort...
  • TURNERDST
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes