Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Won't allow credit card number change

My old debit card has expired, however I was issued a completely different card number. I went to the subscription and payment change page, entered my new card information and got a message saying my info could not be updated. I'd rather not have to ...

• Casual Listener
  • My old debit card has expired, however I was issued a completely different card number.  I went to the subscription and payment change page, entered my new card information and got a message say...
  • nicole_b
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Two Accounts, One Facebook

Hi. I am signed in under my facebook account to spotify but when I logged in again today, it logged me in as a new user. I can still see and actually follow my old spotify account, also linked to my facebook account. How can I merge these two. I want...

• Visitor
  • Hi. I am signed in under my facebook account to spotify but when I logged in again today, it logged me in as a new user. I can still see and actually follow my old spotify account, also linked to my ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New card causing problems

I got a message that Spotify tried to use my card on file. This card was just cancelled and replaced by a new card. I attempted to put the new card in twice and it failed. This is not a problem with the card, as I have used it routinely. It seems imp...

• I got a message that Spotify tried to use my card on file.   This card was just cancelled and replaced by a new card.    I attempted to put the new card in twice and it failed....
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify charges for premium, but I can't use it

I have been paying for Spotify Premium, and suddenly I can't log in anymore. Spotify has charged me 9,95e 16.10.2013 for Premium, but when I look at my account information here in Spotify, it says that I have only Spotify Free. And I can't log in to ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been paying for Spotify Premium, and suddenly I can't log in anymore. Spotify has charged me 9,95e 16.10.2013 for Premium, but when I look at my account information here in Spotify, it says th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My playlist are gone

Hello, I connect today and !surprise! all my playlists are gone. The problem is the same if i connect with my facebook or my spotify account. Plz give me my playlist back :'(

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I connect today and !surprise! all my playlists are gone. The problem is the same if i connect with my facebook or my spotify account.   Plz give me my playlist back :'(
  • wibdoctor
  • 131 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 131 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorry but is the contact formular sending to a trashcan?

# 00986419 # 00936282 # 00945652 .. no answer until now .. - The 'update' from September downgrades me from Premium to Free - I only can login over Facebook (no working spotifuggle account available) - Workaround for fixing the Facebook problem does ...

• Visitor
  • # 00986419 # 00936282 # 00945652   .. no answer until now ..   - The 'update' from September downgrades me from Premium to Free - I only can login over Facebook (no working sp...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify account is different from facebook one

I made a new non-facebook account on spotify for make some testing teaching my friend on my android device, the problem is when i try to log in with my facebook accont it seems to be associated with the new account with the new email and I lost all m...

• I made a new non-facebook account on spotify for make some testing teaching my friend on my android device, the problem is when i try to log in with my facebook accont it seems to be associated with ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unlimited subscription not working

I paid, got a receipt and when I log on from web it shows that I have the unlimited. But when I click my account from the program it shows that I have the free. I have tried loggin out several times. Re installing the program .. nothing helps. I wait...

• Casual Listener
  • I paid, got a receipt and when I log on from web it shows that I have the unlimited. But when I click my account from the program it shows that I have the free. I have tried loggin out several times....
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete my account

Can you please delete my account immediately, I want to deactivate my facebook and I can't because everytime I sign back into spotify I'm signed straight back into Facebook. I just want a normal account and not a facebook one!

• Can you please delete my account immediately, I want to deactivate my facebook and I can't because everytime I sign back into spotify I'm signed straight back into Facebook. I just want a normal ac...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

charged wrongly

I took out the 48 hr trial on my phone and cancelled there after. My subscription says I am currently using Spotify free and have no payment details entered. I was charged £9.99 on 14/10/13 from my paypal account. In app it says I need to upgrade to ...

• I took out the 48 hr trial on my phone and cancelled there after. My subscription says I am currently using Spotify free and have no payment details entered. I was charged £9.99 on 14/10/13 from my p...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Faroe Islands

Hi, I have signed up for Spotify Premium Subscription but cannot find the Music Service in my Sonos controller. I live in the Faroe Island, part of the Danish Kingdom, and I have spend a complete day to find a solution without success. Hope someone c...

• Hi,   I have signed up for Spotify Premium Subscription but cannot find the Music Service in my Sonos controller. I live in the Faroe Island, part of the Danish Ki...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Unlimited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't have payment method to change country code

I'm a US citizen and am working in Mexico for a couple of months. I've been using Spotify free with no trouble until today, where the application is forcing offline mode until I update my profile to match my country code or upgrade. I don't have a Me...

• Visitor
  • I'm a US citizen and am working in Mexico for a couple of months. I've been using Spotify free with no trouble until today, where the application is forcing offline mode until I update my profile to ...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with Spotify account

Hello!My Spotify account has been removed (now I'm using a new one) and I want to recover it because I had contacts and lists that I would keep.I had Unlimited service and, without any authorization, Spotify changed my account to Premium! So I asked ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! My Spotify account has been removed (now I'm using a new one) and I want to recover it because I had contacts and lists that I would keep. I had Unlimited service and, without any authorizat...
  • tanit
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Unlimited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Weekly Tracks update randomly or not at all

When does Spotify update the "Top Weekly Tracks" and "Top Weekly Artists" for users? I haven't gotten an update at all this week and I love to see what I listen to. Sometimes it updates on a Monday, and sometimes not until Thursday. Seems incredibly ...

• Visitor
  • When does Spotify update the "Top Weekly Tracks" and "Top Weekly Artists" for users?  I haven't gotten an update at all this week and I love to see what I listen to.  Sometimes it updates o...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment Card Expired with student nus card discount

Hi, Today my spotify account reverted back to free, and I realised this was because my payment card expired; I forgot to update spotify with my new card details. So I removed the payment method and card attached. However, I was on the student payment...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Today my spotify account reverted back to free, and I realised this was because my payment card expired; I forgot to update spotify with my new card details. So I removed the payment method and...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

help with facebook, lost music

please help... i hid or removed my spotify activity from facebook and i think that i may have accidentaly disconnected my account somehow. when i logged back into spotify after doing that, all of my music was gone. how can i get it back? my username ...

• Casual Listener
  • please help... i hid or removed my spotify activity from facebook and i think that i may have accidentaly disconnected my account somehow. when i logged back into spotify after doing that, all of my ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Frequent purchases of e-cards

Hello community! I buy a lot of e-card codes from time to time and I have some problems with it. I had to buy 7 one- month codes and after 4th I got a message that error occurred and try again. Unfortunately repeating a purchase is not a solution. I ...

• Hello community! I buy a lot of e-card codes from time to time and I have some problems with it. I had to buy 7 one- month codes and after 4th I got a message that error occurred and try again. ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes