Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't deactivate the shuffle playback

Since some versions of Spotify for Android, when activating the shuffle button, I can't deactivate it for non reason.. I tick on it and it stays green.. Using latest beta version but it was on every beta as far as I know..Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, andr...

• Casual Listener
  • Since some versions of Spotify for Android, when activating the shuffle button, I can't deactivate it for non reason.. I tick on it and it stays green.. Using latest beta version but it was on every ...
  • ChilliBo
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Bastille

Every time I scroll down to Bastille's profile, the app crashes when it reaches the On Tour section. Please fix this.

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I scroll down to Bastille's profile, the app crashes when it reaches the On Tour section. Please fix this.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops when opening certain apps

I got a new Galaxy S7 (Marshmallow 6.0.1) for christmas and while using Spotify in the background, Spotify would pause automaticaly when opening game apps such as Fallout Shelter and Pocket Mortys.

• I got a new Galaxy S7 (Marshmallow 6.0.1) for christmas and while using Spotify in the background, Spotify would pause automaticaly when opening game apps such as Fallout Shelter and Pocket Mortys.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all my downloaded songs

I have joined Spotfy yesterday, and already signed to the Premium account. I have spent all day long downloading songs so I can hear them in the Offline mode. In the end of the day, after using the app without any problems, I realize all the songs I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have joined Spotfy yesterday, and already signed to the Premium account. I have spent all day long downloading songs so I can hear them in the Offline mode. In the end of the day, after using the a...
  • Englos
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify crashed while deleting cache and data

Hi everyoneI just tried deleting all cache and data via the Spotify app on my google pixel phone as I forgot to set download quality to extreme. I was playing a song at the time and the app went to a black screen when I pressed OK to delete. In the n...

• Music Fan
  • Hi everyone I just tried deleting all cache and data via the Spotify app on my google pixel phone as I forgot to set download quality to extreme. I was playing a song at the time and the app went to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pokemon

My s7 edge doesn't give me an option to start my music from my notification bar.

• My s7 edge doesn't give me an option to start my music from my notification bar.
  • Masta_22
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot filter downloaded songs

So I solved the problem of the app always deleting my songs. But now when I go to filter my downloaded albums, only the same four sings show up, even though I have many albums downloaded. Pretty annoying consoderi ng I have hundreds of albums saved. ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I solved the problem of the app always deleting my songs. But now when I go to filter my downloaded albums, only the same four sings show up, even though I have many albums downloaded. Pretty anno...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast won't play

I found a podcast that is only available on mobile but it won't play on my Spotify app. I tried opening the direct link that opens the app and it didn't work. I also tried searching for it in- app but it won't show up in the searches. The podcast is ...

• I found a podcast that is only available on mobile but it won't play on my Spotify app. I tried opening the direct link that opens the app and it didn't work. I also tried searching for it in- app bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Your Library" gone. Just says "Me"?

After downloading the new update for Spotify the "your library" tab on the bottom left turned into "Me" and it only shows playlist, favorites, mixes and recently played. I'm not able to view my library even though it works fine on my pc. I must be mi...

• Casual Listener
  • After downloading the new update for Spotify the "your library" tab on the bottom left turned into "Me" and it only shows playlist, favorites, mixes and recently played. I'm not able to view my libra...
  • Toppmad
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

My Downloaded playlist never stays downloaded!!

I dont understand why, after having my spotify account for years, my same playlist never remains downloaded. It's so frustrating to realize as I'm about to board a plane or go to into a data- less space that I can't listen ti my playlist that I have ...

• Casual Listener
  • I dont understand why, after having my spotify account for years, my same playlist never remains downloaded. It's so frustrating to realize as I'm about to board a plane or go to into a data- less sp...
  • pmccunniff
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App get down after few tracks!

Hi,I have a Samsung Note 3 and my Spotify app is always on the latest version. But since I have Spotify Premium the App turn after about 3 Tracks off. Why?What can I do? LGTheAndrix*

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a Samsung Note 3 and my Spotify app is always on the latest version. But since I have Spotify Premium the App turn after about 3 Tracks off.  Why? What can I do?   LG TheAn...
  • theandrix
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to download over 2G/3G even with enabled settings.

Hello. I started using Spotify Premium this week and until now everything seemed to work just fine. The problem however is: when I'm at work I have to use my mobile data connection since our WiFi is connected to the internet via proxy and Android is ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.    I started using Spotify Premium this week and until now everything seemed to work just fine. The problem however is: when I'm at work I have to use my mobile data connection...
  • Smert11
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android][Browse] UI Feedback

So here's a shot of the current UI on my 5.5" Moto G4: Looking at the My Songs menu (where I spend a lot of time), the song list itself does not seem to be the app's biggest priority. Between:the Android status barthe "All Songs" title at the topthe ...

PiV77Nn
  • Music Fan
  • So here's a shot of the current UI on my 5.5" Moto G4:   Looking at the My Songs menu (where I spend a lot of time), the song list itself does not seem to be the app's biggest priority. Be...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Browse
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashes when skipping songs

When I am listening to a playlist on the Spotify app I frequently encounter crashes when I am skipping through a lot of tracks, the entire app will suddenly just lock up completely, I can't do anything within the app and Android doesn't throw up the ...

• When I am listening to a playlist on the Spotify app I frequently encounter crashes when I am skipping through a lot of tracks, the entire app will suddenly just lock up completely, I can't do anythi...
  • cFinn79
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify is crashing on LG V20 when opening Settings and attempting to scroll down to Equalizer.

My LG V20 is crashing when performing the following steps within Spotify application. Steps:Open Spotify (latest) on an AT&T LG V20 (latest updates and security patches applied).Click on the icon at the bottom navigation menu that looks like a few bo...

• My LG V20 is crashing when performing the following steps within Spotify application.   Steps: Open Spotify (latest) on an AT&T LG V20 (latest updates and security patches applied). Cli...
  • Julbart
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app -UI Lang selection

Hi,I would like to have an option to switch to English language in Spotify from my default language. I'm not saying that translation is bad, just would be easier to follow Forums guidance and somehow it seems more natural to have it in English as all...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I would like to have an option to switch to English language in Spotify from my default language. I'm not saying that translation is bad, just would be easier to follow Forums guidance and someh...
  • martymax
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Android App
    language
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Single section not showing on android

So yeah. Ive normally seen all the artists singles under the album section where it reads "singles" but suddenly one day the single section had dissappeared and I cant see any singles on the artist page. I can search the singles from search bar and i...

• So yeah. Ive normally seen all the artists singles under the album section where it reads "singles" but suddenly one day the single section had dissappeared and I cant see any singles on the artist p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Prblem with Samsung Galaxy A8

I bought a Samsung Galaxy A8 with Android Lollypop and Spotify worked well. A week ago I actualized it to Android Marshmallow (6.0.1) and it doesn't save the songs to the SD card and sometimes the app crashes and makes the phone to reboot. Sometimes ...

• Casual Listener
  • I bought a Samsung Galaxy A8 with Android Lollypop and Spotify worked well. A week ago I actualized it to Android Marshmallow (6.0.1) and it doesn't save the songs to the SD card and sometimes the ap...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Android marshmallow - problems since upgrading to Premium

Since upgrading to Premium, every time I now start the app, it is very laggy and often crashes. I have cleared the cache and even reinstalled. Problem persists.Xperia Z3c

• Casual Listener
  • Since upgrading to Premium, every time I now start the app, it is very laggy and often crashes. I have cleared the cache and even reinstalled. Problem persists. Xperia Z3c
  • Eurosimz
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How long does it take to remove storage data off phone after turning off "available offline".

Surprised that it does not do this right away. I am always near the storage limit of my phone and like to rotate the offline albums, and so I find it very frustrating that the data is not immediately removed after turning off "available offline".1. H...

• Music Fan
  • Surprised that it does not do this right away. I am always near the storage limit of my phone and like to rotate the offline albums, and so I find it very frustrating that the data is not immediately...
  • tman202
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes