Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs won't play in App until I change audio device

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceWindows 10 Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I try to play songs after startup spotify just flicks through the songs rapidly and says song can't be played. I have searched the forums and found a fix that wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Windows 10  Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue When I try to play songs after startup spotify just flicks through the songs ra...
  • Eni
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify playlist song recommendations are inaccurate, prefers Hebrew over English

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDevicePC, Galaxy A50Operating SystemWindows 10, Android My Question or IssueThis problem is for both PC and Android, but since I use my PC more frequently I'll post it here.The Spotify playlist recommendation algoritm seems to...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device PC, Galaxy A50 Operating System Windows 10, Android   My Question or Issue This problem is for both PC and Android, but since I use my PC more freque...
  • 31fjsjq36ckatwsjdgnd
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback Bar gets reset or pushed back when pausing.

For the past like 3 days or so I've noticed that whenever I pause a song it would push the progress bar back like 5 seconds or whatever or it would just reset it to 0 seconds and start the progress bar from there when the song is unpaused. This happe...

• Regular
  • For the past like 3 days or so I've noticed that whenever I pause a song it would push the progress bar back like 5 seconds or whatever or it would just reset it to 0 seconds and start the progress b...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution windows spotify can´t connect with android

I noticed that discord stopped showing me the songs that I was listening to on spotify, I tried to fix it with everything, uninstalling and installing it, unlinking and linking discord with spotify, but it didn't work, then I tried to connect my andr...

• I noticed that discord stopped showing me the songs that I was listening to on spotify, I tried to fix it with everything, uninstalling and installing it, unlinking and linking discord with spotify, ...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Starting a song, short loop in the beginning (windows desktop)

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceWindows PC, Desktop App (exe)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen i launch the program and start a song right away, it will start playing for 2-3 seconds and then i get a loop and second 2-3 are played again...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device Windows PC, Desktop App (exe) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When i launch the program and start a song right away, it will start p...
  • Sabretooth
  • Casual Listener
  • 316 replies
  • 169 likes
  • 316 replies
  • 169 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop/Android - When I press rewind, the song "thinks" it rewound, but continues to play

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktop/Pixel 6/Android AutoOperating SystemWindows 10/Android My Question or IssueFor the last couple of months, I've had this issue on both mobile (Pixel 6 on Android) and desktop (a custom PC running Windows 10...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop/Pixel 6/Android Auto Operating System Windows 10/Android   My Question or Issue For the last couple of months, I've had this issue on ...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files missing on desktop

I recently reorganized my hard drive as well as renamed folders. When I opened Spotify and added the new local file source my playlists are broken/blank. Is there a way to fix this?

• I recently reorganized my hard drive as well as renamed folders. When I opened Spotify and added the new local file source my playlists are broken/blank. Is there a way to fix this?
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I turn AutoPlay off on Mozilla Firefox? I don't find settings button anywhere

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue How can I turn AutoPlay off on Mozilla Firefox? I don't find settings button anywhere.

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   How can I turn AutoPlay off on Mozilla Firefox? I don't find settings button anywhere.
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Re: Spotify keeps downloading my "already downloaded" music

Hi I have a similar issue, but different. I have a notebook sized PC (an HP Stream) with a relatively small SSD, so I have a 2T external hard drive to store my downloaded songs. I have set the location for spotify downloads to the external drive, but...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi I have a similar issue, but different.  I have a notebook sized PC (an HP Stream) with a relatively small SSD, so I have a 2T external hard drive to store my downloaded songs. I have set ...
  • RobertJacobs
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Re: Please remove left Menu options

REMOVE THESE we don't want them, we don't need them. Search could be fine, but in years, i have never clicked on home or library. Just give me My playlists and search, that's it!!!! I tried to post this earlier but i get an error without knowing why ...

XMS3D0_0-1652854451871.png
  • Music Fan
  • REMOVE THESE  we don't want them, we don't need them. Search could be fine, but in years, i have never clicked on home or library. Just give me My playlists and search, that's it!!!! ...
  • XMS3D0
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify playing random songs not in playlist

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceDesktop PC and iPhone 13Operating SystemWindows 10, IOS 15 My Question or IssueWhen playing a song in my playlist, the next songs to play after are not in the playlist nor in the recommended. I have turned off autopla...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Desktop PC and iPhone 13 Operating System Windows 10, IOS 15   My Question or Issue When playing a song in my playlist, the next songs to play aft...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAs stated in the title I cannot play any music and get an error saying Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. I have del...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue As stated in the title I cannot play any music and get an error saying Spotify can...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Still Unable to Dislike Songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWin11 It's been over two years since I had first seen this issue addressed. It has been at least that long since I had last brought it up. And yet, there has been no change in this disparity between the mo...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Win11   It's been over two years since I had first seen this issue addressed. It has been at least that long since I had last brought...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution the year 2022 still playing random song

The WorldOperating SystemWindows 10 I think I've never had this issue before but now my spotify is playing random song totally out of nowhere, its not from the bottom list with recommandations. As I have written to youtube, google, facebook- sorry me...

• Music Fan
  • The World Operating System Windows 10 I think   I've never had this issue before but now my spotify is playing random song totally out of nowhere, its not from the bottom list with recommand...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can not remove song from i liked

PlanPremium Operating Systemwin10My Question or Issuei have some local songs,now i deteled these local songs from my pc,and i want to remove it from i liked songs.but when i do that.is says something went wronghow i fix that?i dont have same problem ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium     Operating System win10 My Question or Issue i have some local songs,now i deteled these local songs from my pc,and i want to remove it from i liked songs.but...
  • Kiril
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play local songs from Android on PC if they have bitrate below 192kb/s

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI was adding my local songs to favourites on my phone with Android when I realised that I can't play some songs. Both PC and Android have the exactly same audio file in local files.After chec...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I was adding my local songs to favourites on my phone with Android when I realised that I can't play some songs. Bot...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Discover weekly] - marking don't like song does not unqueue song

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalOperating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueHi. I mainly use the discover weekly playlist to play songs. lately a lot of recommendations have been wrong for some reason. so I have to use the "I don't like this song" "I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Hi. I mainly use the discover weekly playlist to play songs. lately a lot of recommendations have been ...
  • biernico
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Album cover art quality is awful

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceASUS Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, I've seen that since the latest design/UI update the quality of the album covers art in the desktop app is awful.I listen a lot of music on Spotify from desktop, whe...

Screenshot_1.jpg
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device ASUS  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, I've seen that since the latest design/UI update the quality of the album covers art...
  • evydaemon
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pauses in web player or app

Plan- PremiumCountry- USA Device- PC Google Chrome/Desktop AppOperating System- Windows 10 I have found that if I am watching a Podcast that every thirty seconds or so the video pauses and is not able to be restarted . I have reinstalled the desktop ...

• Plan- Premium Country- USA  Device- PC Google Chrome/Desktop App Operating System- Windows 10    I have found that if I am watching a Podcast that every thirty seconds or so the v...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Dropdown menu not scrollable - cropped

PlanPremiumCountryCzechiaDeviceLenovo ThinkPad T490Operating SystemWindows 10 21H1 My Question or IssueI have stumbled upon an issue with the dropdown menu in the desktop app when I try to share a song. Have to close it, scroll the inner section and ...

• Plan Premium Country Czechia Device Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Operating System Windows 10 21H1   My Question or Issue I have stumbled upon an issue with the dropdown menu in the desktop app...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes