Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • morefluff
  • Regular
  • 260 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 260 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution ¿Cómo hago que una lista de reproducción se reproduzca en bucle?

Quiero escuchar mis listas de reproducción en modo bucle; o sea, que se reproduzca una canción tras otra y, al terminar la última, se reproduzca de nuevo la primera de la lista. Quiero poder hacer esto en la aplicación de Windows 11, en mi portátil, ...

• Visitor
  • Quiero escuchar mis listas de reproducción en modo bucle; o sea, que se reproduzca una canción tras otra y, al terminar la última, se reproduzca de nuevo la primera de la lista. Quiero poder hacer es...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Web player doesn't work at the start of listening session.

Almost every day when I get to work, I go to listen on Spotify in the web player on Firefox and it doesn't work at first. I cannot get the desktop app on my work computer, so I must use the web player. I do the same song and dance nearly every day to...

• Visitor
  • Almost every day when I get to work, I go to listen on Spotify in the web player on Firefox and it doesn't work at first. I cannot get the desktop app on my work computer, so I must use the web playe...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop and iPhone not syncing the currently played song.

Spotify desktop does not seem to recognize that my iPhone is playing a song. The mobile device does not show up on the 'Connect to a device' feature and two different songs can be played on the two devices at the same time. I want it to be synced as ...

• Spotify desktop does not seem to recognize that my iPhone is playing a song. The mobile device does not show up on the 'Connect to a device' feature and two different songs can be played on the two d...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution PC UYGULAMASINDAN ŞARKI AÇMAYA ÇALIŞTIĞIMDA EKRAN KENDİLİĞİNDEN KAPANIYOR

Bilgisayarımda windows uygulaması yüklü ekranı açtığımda sürekli kapandığı için silip tekrar yükledim ancak sorun giderilmedi. Hala uygulamayı açtığımda ekran kendiliğinden kapanıyor.

• Visitor
  • Bilgisayarımda windows uygulaması yüklü ekranı açtığımda sürekli kapandığı için silip tekrar yükledim ancak sorun giderilmedi. Hala uygulamayı açtığımda ekran kendiliğinden kapanıyor.
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App playing in stereo only, despite enabling the "Mono audio" in settings

My left speaker stopped working recently. I am fine with using right speaker only, but even after enabling mono audio on spotify parts of some songs just do not play(or supposedly try to play on the dead speaker, even after i unplugged it). Playing t...

• Visitor
  • My left speaker stopped working recently. I am fine with using right speaker only, but even after enabling mono audio on spotify parts of some songs just do not play(or supposedly try to play on the ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Psalm-a-tivity

PlanFree/PremiumCountryOzaukee County, Wisconsin, USAplease send help and get me the **bleep** out of here.Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI am a mus...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Ozaukee County, Wisconsin, USA please send help and get me the **bleep** out of here. Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iO...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • IMPORTANT SUGGESTION
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect doesn't work

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 8.1, Windows 10 My Question or IssueMy spotify connect doesn't work. It works on my phone and PC, but it doesn't work on my laptop. My laptop doesn't recognize any devices. I've already tried to reinstall desktop ap...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 8.1, Windows 10   My Question or Issue My spotify connect doesn't work. It works on my phone and PC, but it doesn't work on my laptop. My laptop doesn...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify cant play this right now

I keep getting "Spotify cant play this right now" and I have tried reinstalling, resetting the cache, and turning off hardware acceleration.

• Casual Listener
  • I keep getting "Spotify cant play this right now" and I have tried reinstalling, resetting the cache, and turning off hardware acceleration.
  • Khota1984
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [PC] Problem with collaborative playlist

Hi,I created a playlist with a friend to share and add some music together.The problem is, the feature isn't available on windows app. We are able to share through our phones but on computer, I can't see his playlists (and ofc, add some songs to it)....

• Visitor
  • Hi, I created a playlist with a friend to share and add some music together. The problem is, the feature isn't available on windows app. We are able to share through our phones but on computer, I c...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Release Radar/Discover Weekly songs hidden via phone do not appear hidden on desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S21 FE/Windows DesktopOperating SystemAndroid 12/Windows 11 My Question or IssueThere is a bug with this scenario: I hide songs in my release radar or discover weekly playlists on my phone, then try to vie...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S21 FE/Windows Desktop Operating System Android 12/Windows 11   My Question or Issue There is a bug with this scenario: I hide songs i...
  • OscarDC
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution PC app doesn't work

App on my PC refuses to work. After I open it and click somewhere in the app it immediately closes. That started about 2-3 weeks ago and it is really annoying

• App on my PC refuses to work. After I open it and click somewhere in the app it immediately closes. That started about 2-3 weeks ago and it is really annoying 
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Şarkı adları çıkmıyor

PlanPremiumCountryTurkey Operating SystemWindows My Question or IssueŞarkı değişirken sağ üstte şarkının ismi belirmiyor.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey   Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue Şarkı değişirken sağ üstte şarkının ismi belirmiyor.
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop Volume Issues on Windows 10 Build 19043

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro / Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043 My Question or IssueAfter Windows 10 forced an update last night, the Spotify desktop app does not work properly. The volume is really low and choppy. Turnin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro / Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043   My Question or Issue After Windows 10 forced an update last night, the Spotify des...
  • jeffts
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't work with USB audio interface (Behringer UMC204HD)

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWin 10 Pr 64bit My Question or IssueI'm running studio monitors connected to this interface. Whenever I select the interface in Windows as output Spotify keeps skipping songs not playing anything. Rein...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Win 10 Pr 64bit   My Question or Issue I'm running studio monitors connected to this interface. Whenever I select the interface ...
  • ronrule
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify en Windows 10 no funciona

Hola equipo de Spotify, me dirijo al foro no por una falla en Spotify, si no en la aplicacion Spotify para Windows 10. La aplicacion abre muy lenta, aproximadamente 5 minutos para cargar todo el contenido y hoy al abrir el Spotify en la notebook me a...

• Gig Goer
  • Hola equipo de Spotify, me dirijo al foro no por una falla en Spotify, si no en la aplicacion Spotify para Windows 10. La aplicacion abre muy lenta, aproximadamente 5 minutos para cargar todo el cont...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App Stop Functioning Windows 11

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceHuawei Matebook 14 2020 Ryzen 5 4600HOperating SystemWindows 11 Home My Question or IssueI can't use my Spotify app, both website, and Microsoft Version after I logged in to my laptop yesterday. I already uninstalled a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Huawei Matebook 14 2020 Ryzen 5 4600H Operating System Windows 11 Home   My Question or Issue I can't use my Spotify app, both website, and Microso...
  • RalphRampensau
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend activity wiped, App says I have no friends on Facebook after new update

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo my friend activity is blank after the recent update. Where the friend activity should be, it just says "Connect with Facebook." When I click that, it shows faceboo...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So my friend activity is blank after the recent update. Where the friend activity should b...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 - Spotify can't play this right now.

PlanPremiumCountryTurkey DevicePC with nextDrive SpectraX and Behringer UPHORIA UMC204HDOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueHi everyone. For two days now I can't play anything on Spotify. Anything at all. Whether if I am trying to stre...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Turkey   Device PC with nextDrive SpectraX and Behringer UPHORIA UMC204HD Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue Hi everyone. For two...
  • mrdleigh
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes