Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify randomly stops playing music when using some Microsoft apps on Windows 11

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceLenovo Ideapad 5 Pro Gen 6, listening on a Bose QuietComfort 45Operating SystemWindows 11 22000.739 build My Question or IssueHi,I've recently noticed that Spotify randomly stops playing my music, when I'm using some Micr...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro Gen 6, listening on a Bose QuietComfort 45 Operating System Windows 11 22000.739 build   My Question or Issue Hi, I've rece...
  • JRosh_33
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast sorting on Windows desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe issue is with the sorting options in the Spotify desktop app for Windows 10. There is no option to sort by recently added episodes, like there you can do on the mob...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The issue is with the sorting options in the Spotify desktop app for Windows 10. There is no...
  • StinkorTheLegend
  • 8 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 22 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Search function not working

Plan: PremiumCountry: AustraliaDevice: DesktopOperating System: Windows 10 My Question or IssueI updated Spotify this morning and now the search function does not work. No matter what I search, I get a response saying no results found.I've tried all ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Country: Australia Device: Desktop Operating System: Windows 10   My Question or Issue I updated Spotify this morning and now the search function ...
  • Vasil
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Is this the cache folder?

Hello Without having to reinstall the Spotify Windows app, is this the path where one can safely delete the cache? For me the data folder current size is: 1.14GB Path is below with edited username for privacy reasons. Thank you in advance for any ans...

• Music Fan
  • Hello    Without having to reinstall the Spotify Windows app, is this the path where one can safely delete the cache? For me the data folder current size is: 1.14GB   Path is below...
  • danielmcgee
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify closes randomly when playing games

Plan: FamilyPremiumCountry: Norway DeviceHuawei Matebook D 15 signature edition Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello!I have recently ran into a problem with my Spotify application.Whenever I play music in the background while playing ...

•   Plan: Family Premium Country: Norway   Device Huawei Matebook D 15 signature edition   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello! I have recently...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution essues with spotify on desktop.

Hello.I have a problem with spotify desktop both the store version and the exe version. the problem is when I login to spotify on both these versions it says something went wrong. please try reloading the page. when I reload it this message comes up ...

• Visitor
  • Hello.I have a problem with spotify desktop both the store version and the exe version. the problem is when I login to spotify on both these versions it says something went wrong. please try reloadin...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Clicking album art doesn't highlight current song playing

Currently on a Premium plan using Windows 10 and whenever I try to click the album art to go to the current playing song in a playlist, it will randomly highlight another song (always something that isn't currently playing). I've had this issue for a...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently on a Premium plan using Windows 10 and whenever I try to click the album art to go to the current playing song in a playlist, it will randomly highlight another song (always something that ...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Several issues when using VPN

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI use a VPN for reasons not concerning to Spotify. A few weeks ago several issues with the Spotify app have risen: I am unable to play songs from any artist page;Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I use a VPN for reasons not concerning to Spotify. A few weeks ago several issues with the Sp...
  • lettuze
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • VPN
    VPN Issues
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Web player not showing podcast episodes - all podcasts showing same blank page

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceMultiple PC's and laptopsOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or IssueWeb player is showing a blank page when going to any podcast. The navigation bar on the left remains but the rest is the same as the image below.Tried diffe...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Multiple PC's and laptops Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue Web player is showing a blank page when going to any podcast. The navigation bar...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No Video on Windows 10 desktop app but Brave browser working fine.

PlanPremiumCountry NZ DeviceWindows 10 PCOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  NZ   Device Windows 10 PC Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does Spotify play random songs when a playlist finishes?

My Question or IssueAt the end of a playlist Spotify will start playing songs that I believe are chosen because they're supposed to be similar to what I was previously listening to. The problem for me is that they usually aren't that similar to some ...

• My Question or Issue At the end of a playlist Spotify will start playing songs that I believe are chosen because they're supposed to be similar to what I was previously listening to.  The probl...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes immediately -- every time.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have spent a lot of time trying to figure this out on my own. I am NOT very "computer-wise" so it's been a challenge. Spotify has been crashing within 2-3 seconds every time...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have spent a lot of time trying to figure this out on my own.  I am NOT very "computer-...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop App won't play

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWin10 My Question or IssueI can'[t get anything to play on the desktop app. My android and the web player both work, but the app is unable to play anything. The PC plays other sounds from Web Player, Games...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Win10   My Question or Issue I can'[t get anything to play on the desktop app. My android and the web player both work, but ...
  • erkyp3rky
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • unable to play
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Random songs/albums that aren't saved to library/playlist won't play

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue As a lot of other users have posted, my spotify will not play most songs that I don't have in a playlist already. It just shows the black disc icon for th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  As a lot of other users have posted, my spotify will not play most s...
  • Nomocrzy
  • 58 replies
  • 46 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 46 likes

Superuser Contribution No Spotify Connect with Argon Stream2

I have a Premium Spotify account and live in the Netherlands. I use Spotify Connect with some devices (e.g. a Denon receiver) and that works great.Shortly, I bought a used Argon Stream2. Internet radio and local network audio works great. But I can't...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Premium Spotify account and live in the Netherlands. I use Spotify Connect with some devices (e.g. a Denon receiver) and that works great. Shortly, I bought a used Argon Stream2. Internet r...
  • digilb
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify desktop app crashing

Windows OS suddenly stops the Spotify App on desktop. No issue occurred before, already updated all audio drivers

• Casual Listener
  • Windows OS suddenly stops the Spotify App on desktop. No issue occurred before, already updated all audio drivers
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone shows with "standard" name in my devices.

PlanPremiumCountryDeviceSamsung S20Operating SystemAndroid 12, recent updateMy Question or IssueHello all, Something has probably changed in latest Android12 update for S20, but it impacts Spotify. Maybe it's a permission, maybe it's something else. ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Device Samsung S20 Operating System Android 12, recent update My Question or Issue Hello all,   Something has probably changed in latest Android12 update for S20, ...
  • MonicaOliveira
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

spotify shows songs to be only 0:29 second long

Hi, today I noticed that in some albums the songs are showed to be 0:29 seconds long (always and only 0:29) while obviously they are longer. Once I play them the right lenght appears on the playing bar, but still not in the album. This only happens i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, today I noticed that in some albums the songs are showed to be 0:29 seconds long (always and only 0:29) while obviously they are longer. Once I play them the right lenght appears on the playing b...
  • LetoAtreides82
  • Regular
  • 15 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect doesn't work with iPhone and PC on only one playlist

PlanPremium (Family)CountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 12/PCOperating SystemIOS 15.5/Windows 10 ver. 10.0.19044 My Question or IssueWhen using Spotify connect with my iPhone and PC Spotify will not let me directly pick a song on only one playlist, by t...

• Plan Premium (Family) Country United States Device iPhone 12/PC Operating System IOS 15.5/Windows 10 ver. 10.0.19044   My Question or Issue When using Spotify connect with my iPhone an...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS 15
    SpotifyConnect
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution desktop app (windows 11) won't download playlists or sync to other devices

it also can't play anything you search for. it will only play off of playlists. this is after a clean re-install.

• Casual Listener
  • it also can't play anything you search for. it will only play off of playlists. this is after a clean re-install.
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes