Sleep mode

Solved!
92 people liked this

Sleep mode

Jessicalee303
Casual Listener
So I was wondering if there was a way to get some sort of sleep mode set up on spiteful or my phone. I want to be able to set it for an hour or 2 until I fall asleep then automatically shut off. Is this even "a thing"? If not I definitely think it should be.

Thank you
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 8 people liked this

Re: Sleep mode

forwardbychoice
I just tried the Slumber app and it worked great. Hope this helps.
Solution! 96 people liked this

Juno
Just use iPhone timer feature of the pre-installed clock app. And instead of setting a ringtone you can activate option "stop playing". This works fine with Spotify.
Solution! 14 people liked this

lliizzaakk
Just so you know, on Android there is an app in Google Play called Sleep Timer, you can set it for however long you want from 1 minute and up, works like a charm!
Solution! 2 people liked this

SimonOls
Regular

Hi! 

If you are on android you check out this app. It fades out the music after the given time, and it can also turn off Bluetooth, Wifi and Screen. (If you watch movies). 

You can read more about it here: http://sleeptimerforandroid.com/

And it is available on the Google Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smholsen.sleeptimerallmedia

Also it is free.

42 Replies
4 people liked this

pizzasogood
Gig Goer

That is a great idea! I don't think that's a feature on here, sadly.

If you actually make a playlist and add tracks that equate to one hour or two hours or however long you'd like, since it actually tells you the duration length of each playlist on the playlist itself, that can act as an alternative solution to your idea.

Avid Spotify Premium user, treehugger, audiophile.
Spotify Premium since July 2011.
Sold 10 (and counting) Spotify Premium accounts since and refused commission.
22 people liked this

Madpfc
Music Fan
This has been brought up in the ideas section. Would be great every other music playing app I have has a built in sleep timer. Just not Spotify who seem incapable of implementing ever the simplest thing other apps have done for years.
19 people liked this

robzim737
Community Legend

Hey all, you can vote this idea up by giving kudos here.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Solution! 8 people liked this

forwardbychoice
I just tried the Slumber app and it worked great. Hope this helps.
Solution! 96 people liked this

Juno
Just use iPhone timer feature of the pre-installed clock app. And instead of setting a ringtone you can activate option "stop playing". This works fine with Spotify.
6 people liked this

LarsRubach
Thanks for the iphone tip, Nice solution!
4 people liked this

Chars1226
The iPhone tip works absolutely fine. Thanks. :)
2 people liked this

Oblesrczuk
Thanks! For Iphone the native application on clock works well, this is a very basic thing, maybe in the future ee could have this implemented in Spotify, until they don't we can use the Iphone Timer =]

wclement7698
Nice!
SUGGESTED POSTS