Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify does not play songs

Hey there, I have a very annoying issue with Spotify since I switched to premium. It works perfectly on my mac, but on my iPhone, it doesn't work: Every time I download the app to my iphone and play the first song from a playlist on shuffle, it works...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there,   I have a very annoying issue with Spotify since I switched to premium. It works perfectly on my mac, but on my iPhone, it doesn't work:   Every time I download the app to m...
  • dnlstn
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All songs song muffled/extremely low quality?

The thing is I know it's not the song because I can play them on my computer just fine and they sound great. They aren't offline tracks either, and even if they are they sound low as well. And if I change the sound quality they soun the same as well....

• The thing is I know it's not the song because I can play them on my computer just fine and they sound great. They aren't offline tracks either, and even if they are they sound low as well. And if I c...
  • rjjones031
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I use my facebook for my account and know my facebook password. When i try to log in it just freezes and i've tried on multiple devices.

• I use my facebook for my account and know my facebook password. When i try to log in it just freezes and i've tried on multiple devices.
  • jessilynn94
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline use and recently played artists

Sometimes I save albums, save them for offline use on my iPhone, And listen to them offline. My questions is: Does listening offline get recognized by Spotify as streaming an album? Will the artist I listen to offline, eventually be added to my “rece...

• Visitor
  • Sometimes I save albums, save them for offline use on my iPhone, And listen to them offline.   My questions is:  Does listening offline get recognized by Spotify as streaming an album?&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect doesn't work with Running

When I use Spotify Running, Spotify Connect disappears. Compare that to the bar at the bottom that normally appears with the devices I can connect to. I assume this is Spotify Connect? This is the view that opens from that bar for when I'm not using ...

• Regular
  • When I use Spotify Running, Spotify Connect disappears. Compare that to the bar at the bottom that normally appears with the devices I can connect to. I assume this is Spotify Connect? This...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • chromecast audio
    Spotify running
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod Shuffle and Spotify Premium

Spotify help says that Ipod Shuffle should be able to sync with spotify: "Spotify supports streaming and offline syncing to iPod touch versions with iOS 5 or later. You can sync only your local files to the following models: All iPod classic, nano sh...

• Spotify help says that Ipod Shuffle should be able to sync with spotify:   "Spotify supports streaming and offline syncing to iPod touch versions with iOS 5 or later. You can sync only your loca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify says it has synced local files to my phone but won't play them

Hello, so I yesterday I got a new phone and restored it from a backup. It kept most of my information, but still required me to offline sync all of the songs from my spotify playlists. They are now all fully synced and have green checkmarks, but when...

• Hello, so I yesterday I got a new phone and restored it from a backup. It kept most of my information, but still required me to offline sync all of the songs from my spotify playlists. They are now a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Running mode not visible

I used to use he Running mode on my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.2), but suddenly I cannot find it in the drop down menu. All I see are "Search," "Explore," "Radio," and "Your Music." I don't think it's important, but my phone operates in Spanish, so the app also...

• I used to use he Running mode on my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.2), but suddenly I cannot find it in the drop down menu. All I see are "Search," "Explore," "Radio," and "Your Music." I don't think it's important...
  • FraanTeruel
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Running
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify automatically downloading albums to iOS app - how can this be prevented?

I apologise if this is referred and resolved elsewhere, but I have serached extensively, with no solution yet - I hope someone can help me! I am a (new) Spotify Premium user. I am running Version 4.6.0.1466 on iOS 9.2 on my iPhone.I also use Spotify ...

• I apologise if this is referred and resolved elsewhere, but I have serached extensively, with no solution yet - I hope someone can help me!   I am a (new) Spotify Premium user. I am running Ve...
  • augustoct26
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Christmas gift from Spotify.

Hey community ! Since yesterday, when I add to my music the Beatles songs, my account change into a free one. And I'm a premium user !!! 2 days without premium! And when I try to reach Spotify ! They don't have even an email !!!Thanks for your atenti...

• Hey community ! Since yesterday, when I add to my music the Beatles songs, my account change into a free one. And I'm a premium user !!! 2 days without premium! And when I try to reach Spotify ! They...
  • hayleynagy123
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Theft Spotify premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files won't download

I've been having this problem for awhile now....whenever i turn a playlist that contains any of my local files to available offline it just says "waiting for download" but never starts... Its getting annoying paying for a service that doesn't even wo...

• Regular
  • I've been having this problem for awhile now....whenever i turn a playlist that contains any of my local files to available offline it just says "waiting for download" but never starts... Its getting...
  • jms30
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

queue list ipad

Hi how is it possible to see the queue list of songs and Edit it on ipad? regardsThomas

• Hi   how is it possible to see the queue list of songs and Edit it on ipad?   regards Thomas
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloading wrong song for local files offline

Not really sure if I'm posting in the right place considering how weirldy this forum is laid out but I'll give it a shot, let me know if I'm wrong. I recently downloaded all of the old Logic mixtapes that aren't on spotify and added them as local fil...

• Not really sure if I'm posting in the right place considering how weirldy this forum is laid out but I'll give it a shot, let me know if I'm wrong.   I recently downloaded all of the old Logic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Charged for 4.99 Premium

I recently found out that there was a student discount for Spotify Premium, so I decided to try it (I've had premium before but, I was paying the regular 9.99). I was billed for this service as shown in my bank statement yesterday, but when I try to ...

• I recently found out that there was a student discount for Spotify Premium, so I decided to try it (I've had premium before but, I was paying the regular 9.99). I was billed for this service as shown...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song order

Hi, I have spotify premium, which i use on my iphone. The thing that annoys me the most is that the oldest songs are on the top of my playlists and the newest at the bottom, so i have scroll all the way to the bottom of the playlist to listen to the ...

• Hi,    I have spotify premium, which i use on my iphone. The thing that annoys me the most is that the oldest songs are on the top of my playlists and the newest at the bottom, so i hav...
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Syncing offline

I just upgraded to spotify premium. I am trying to sync all of my music so that it is available to be played offline. However, after a few songs only, my phone comes up with a message saying "Download Error: Downloading has stopped becaue there's no ...

• I just upgraded to spotify premium. I am trying to sync all of my music so that it is available to be played offline. However, after a few songs only, my phone comes up with a message saying "Downloa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove "Remastered" for every song of the beatles

Hello i want to know how to remove the "remastered" word for every song of the beatles PD I Love The Beatles well done streaming music

• Hello i want to know how to remove the "remastered" word for every song of the beatles   PD I Love The Beatles well done streaming music
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to use Chromecast from Iphone

I have a Chromecast 1 with latest firmware. I signed up for Spotify premium today and installed the app on my Iphone. So everything is up to date. My Chromecast works fine with other apps. It is on V1.17.46278. I rebooted them to be sure.When I play ...

• I have a Chromecast 1 with latest firmware. I signed up for Spotify premium today and installed the app on my Iphone. So everything is up to date. My Chromecast works fine with other apps. It is on V...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't control Spotify on my PS3 using my iPhone anymore

Can't control Spotify on my PS3 using my iPhone anymore. Whether trying to play Spotify directly on my PS3 or controlling Spotify on my PS3 using my iPhone, the sound defaults to my iPhone unless I close the iPhone Spotify app. When I click on the PS...

• Casual Listener
  • Can't control Spotify on my PS3 using my iPhone anymore. Whether trying to play Spotify directly on my PS3 or controlling Spotify on my PS3 using my iPhone, the sound defaults to my iPhone unless I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment through iTunes?

Is it possible to pay for the special holiday premium offer through iTunes credit? Currently, when I try to purchase Premium with iTunes credit from the mobile app the only payment option is full price.

• Is it possible to pay for the special holiday premium offer through iTunes credit? Currently, when I try to purchase Premium with iTunes credit from the mobile app the only payment option is full pri...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Payment
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes