Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Login Failed

When I try to log into my account on my iPhone 4, it says "Login Failed. Unable to login, either username or password is incorrect. Have you signed up for a Spotify account?" But, I logged into my desktop computer with no problems. Can someone please...

• When I try to log into my account on my iPhone 4, it says "Login Failed. Unable to login, either username or password is incorrect. Have you signed up for a Spotify account?"  But, I logged int...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

doesn't recognize my Premium account on my devices

Al the sudden I cannot access my premium account and it appears as "free". After checking my profile payments and status seems fine. Tríed login and out several times with no luck

• Al the sudden I cannot access my premium account and it appears as "free". After checking my profile payments and status seems fine. Tríed login and out several times with no luck
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I could only log into the Spotify website, but not the app.

I can't log into the IPad app for Spotify. I changed my password 3 times but it didn't work. I also reinstalled the app but it didn't work. I finally tried to make a new account with the same email (because it's the only email I have) and that didn't...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't log into the IPad app for Spotify. I changed my password 3 times but it didn't work. I also reinstalled the app but it didn't work. I finally tried to make a new account with the same email (...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find device on settings. Can't play local songs on phone but can on computer.

I am currently using a macbook and using El Capitan. My phone is iPhone 6s Plus using newest iOS. I had no problems before. I am having a lot of problem with my cell phone, as it can't play any offline files. It seems all offline files the name is gr...

• Casual Listener
  • I am currently using a macbook and using El Capitan. My phone is iPhone 6s Plus using newest iOS. I had no problems before. I am having a lot of problem with my cell phone, as it can't play any offli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6s
    iphone
    local
    Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is there a way to manually sort my playlists?

Former Rdio use here who has come over to Spotify. Is there a way to manually sort my playlists? I don't mean the songs within the playlist. I want to order my playlists in an order of my choosing. Why can't I just drag and drop them in different ord...

• Casual Listener
  • Former Rdio use here who has come over to Spotify. Is there a way to manually sort my playlists? I don't mean the songs within the playlist. I want to order my playlists in an order of my choosing. W...
  • alytkitteh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Re: Saved music disappeared

@12100460084! Sure. ^^ Here are the steps for the iPhone: 1. Go on the home screen, tap and hold the Spotify icon until it shakes.2. Tap the X symbol on the icon.3. Open the App Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app. Peace ^^

• Community Legend
  • @12100460084!    Sure. ^^ Here are the steps for the iPhone: 1. Go on the home screen, tap and hold the Spotify icon until it shakes. 2. Tap the X symbol on the...
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

"Starred" list shows oldest song

my started list normally in the past showed my most recently added to the list now it shows the oldest firstHow do I change it back

• my started list normally in the past showed my most recently added to the list now it shows the oldest first How do I change it back
  • 01jules04
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My Starred Playlist appears to be missing...

I noticed a few days ago that I no longer have a playlist named Starred. I had a lot of music in that playlist and would like to know how I can recover it! I went to the app that we can use to recover accidentally deleted playlists and its not there....

• I noticed a few days ago that I no longer have a playlist named Starred.  I had a lot of music in that playlist and would like to know how I can recover it!  I went to the app that we can u...
  • Ruud279b
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Equalizer bug on Spotify 4.4.0.1576 Premium on iOS 9.1

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===The Equalizer does not work properly in Spotify version 4.4.0.1576 Premium (I am using iPhone 6s iOS 9.1) If you change the equalizer settings, either to a user definded or one of the equalizer templetes, and then turn equali...

• Casual Listener
  • === START OF TEMPLATE === The Equalizer does not work properly in Spotify version 4.4.0.1576 Premium (I am using iPhone 6s iOS 9.1)   If you change the equalizer settings, either to a user ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Thinks I'm Out of The Country

My spotify thinks I am out of the country when I try to login. I emailed customer service, and they sent me back an email in Spanish. I am extremely frustrated.

• My spotify thinks I am out of the country when I try to login. I emailed customer service, and they sent me back an email in Spanish. I am extremely frustrated. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

I bought Spotify premium and it barged me but on my app it still says free even after I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Spotify never emailed me with a 10 # digit code

• I bought Spotify premium and it barged me but on my app it still says free even after I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Spotify never emailed me with a 10 # digit code
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

only part of songs being synced on iPad, iPod and iPhone5.

Below the playlist name it will say for example 78 titles synced out of 140. Whenever I repeat the downloading or synching process by pushing on/off/on, it repeats updating the already synched 78 titles, the rest of the songs remains grey and cannot ...

• Casual Listener
  • Below the playlist name it will say for example 78 titles synced out of 140. Whenever I repeat the downloading or synching process by pushing on/off/on, it repeats updating the already synched 78 tit...
  • ninagren
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! (iOS) Support 3D Touch on the iPhone 6s+ ?

I know this latest update said it was incorporating 3D Touch.Does anyone know WHERE? I know holding down on the icon for the app does nothing on the home screen.

• Music Fan
  • I know this latest update said it was incorporating 3D Touch. Does anyone know WHERE?   I know holding down on the icon for the app does nothing on the home screen.     <shru...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Will I get charged twice?

So I tried signing up for the student premium, got charged a pending payment of 5.45, but during the process it asked my school near the end, and wouldn't let me choose my school nor any other school. So of course the page timed out, I got the pendin...

• So I tried signing up for the student premium, got charged a pending payment of 5.45, but during the process it asked my school near the end, and wouldn't let me choose my school nor any other school...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App "disappear" on update, won't reinstall

(Sorry for crossposting, i also posted this as an "issue" bur isn't sure that was the right place to get help.) When starting the update from iOS [App Store] / [Updates] the Spotify app disappeared from the screen and from the Updates section in App ...

• Casual Listener
  • (Sorry for crossposting, i also posted this as an "issue" bur isn't sure that was the right place to get help.)   When starting the update from iOS [App Store] / [Updates] the Spotify app disa...
  • Jonathan_W
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

DJay 2 with Spotify Integration on iPad

I am using the Spotify integration feature of Djay2. Why is there no way to access "my music" of my Spotify account from within Djay2?? ive spent countless hours favoriting tracks that I love to play and I can't even see them from within the app. Unl...

• I am using the Spotify integration feature of Djay2.  Why is there no way to access "my music" of my Spotify account from within Djay2??   ive spent countless hours favoriting tracks that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add a song to a playlist after a first try with an other playlist

On an iPhone with iOS 9 - Select a song to add to a playlist- Select a playlist- Alert saying that the playlist already contains that song. Tap Cancel in the dialog box.- Choose an other playlist instead- and it doesn't work, you tap on the second pl...

• Regular
  • On an iPhone with iOS 9   - Select a song to add to a playlist - Select a playlist - Alert saying that the playlist already contains that song. Tap Cancel in the dialog box. - Choose a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 6 - spotify doesnt work on wifi

For the past couple months I noticed that the latest version of Spotify and the latest version if iOS don't work over wifi. It just says "Connecting" and that's it. I can't listen to spotify on my phone unless I'm on the mobile network. Uninstalling ...

• Casual Listener
  • For the past couple months I noticed that the latest version of Spotify and the latest version if iOS don't work over wifi. It just says "Connecting" and that's it. I can't listen to spotify on my ph...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Logging in on ipone 6s

I just got a new iphone 6s and had all my stuff transferred from my old phone to my new phone. Since then I have not been able to log in. It gives me error message 404 (temporary log in problem). I have reset my spotify password and my facebook passw...

• Casual Listener
  • I just got a new iphone 6s and had all my stuff transferred from my old phone to my new phone.  Since then I have not been able to log in.  It gives me error message 404 (temporary log in p...
  • tstubbendick
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files on iPhone 6

I love spotify, but it is a very shi**y solution when it comes til local files. I have several times had the problem, that the playlist including spotify and local files dont play the local files. They are greyed out on the iPhone even thogh the same...

• Casual Listener
  • I love spotify, but it is a very shi**y solution when it comes til local files.   I have several times had the problem, that the playlist including spotify and local files dont play the local ...
  • ali3nz
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes