Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

fix your sh*t spotify

no one wants to pay for a service and not be able to use it. i upgraded to premium twice now and still dont have access to premium features. fix your sh*t, or lose business. pretty pathetic effort for a paid for service

• no one wants to pay for a service and not be able to use it. i upgraded to premium twice now and still dont have access to premium features.   fix your sh*t, or lose business. pretty patheti...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to login on ipad with username

created spotify accout on ipad - verified it on my mac and now I can login on my mac but am unable to login on my ipad. have tried deleting the app, restarting ipad and re insatalling the app but to no avail. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • created spotify accout on ipad - verified it on my mac and now I can login on my mac but am unable to login on my ipad. have tried deleting the app, restarting ipad and re insatalling the app but t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sign up

I tried making a new account on the iOS app, but for some reason it says something like "Can't login, maybe you're username or password is incorrect. Have you signed up for Spotify?" I AM TRYING TO SIGN UP. Doesn't make sense. But somehow it actually...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried making a new account on the iOS app, but for some reason it says something like "Can't login, maybe you're username or password is incorrect. Have you signed up for Spotify?" I AM TRYING TO...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Push Notification Data/ Activity Log iOS

Does anyone know of a way to retreive a list of all push notifications Spotify has sent to your iOS phone?

• Does anyone know of a way to retreive a list of all push notifications Spotify has sent to your iOS phone? 
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

explain pls....

Once I put the song on a play list or yo my music does it use data every time I listen to it?

• Once I put the song on a play list or yo my music does it use data every time I listen to it?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Difference between "qualité du streaming" and "synchroniser la qualité"

Sorry, I don't have the terms in english. Option are in preference / qualité sonore in the iOS app. If you know the difference (and the name in english), I thank you to learn me

• Sorry, I don't have the terms in english. Option are in preference / qualité sonore in the iOS app. If you know the difference (and the name in english), I thank you to learn me 🙂
  • adisib
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • quality
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect to Home Entertainment Sys Receiver (Pioneer VSX 43) through Apple AirPlay

1. Receiver and Apple device on same wireless network. 2. Receiver is Spotify-ready. Firmware up-to-date. 3. Stream music on Iphone/Pad. 4. Pull up Airplay from bottom of screen. 5. Select the wireless network receiver is on. or, to more easily contr...

• Regular
  • 1.  Receiver and Apple device on same wireless network.   2.  Receiver is Spotify-ready.  Firmware up-to-date.   3.  Stream music on Iphone/Pad.   4.  Pu...
  • psychosurf
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone Spotify stuck on play

Hi guys. Would appreciate any advice on my current difficulty. My (Free) Spotify is stuck on shuffle play mode. The only buttons working are play, skip and i. This happened once before but I can't remember how it was resolved. If I can't sort it out ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys. Would appreciate any advice on my current difficulty. My (Free) Spotify is stuck on shuffle play mode. The only buttons working are play, skip and i. This happened once before but I can't re...
  • Brent_Hogwell
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Got a new iPhone 5, now I don't have premium anymore?

So I used to have an iphone 4 with spotify premium, numerous playlists, but today I got a new iphone (the 5s) and I downloaded spotify on it and none of my playlists showed up or anything once I logged on. So I thought deleting the app from my old ph...

• Casual Listener
  • So I used to have an iphone 4 with spotify premium, numerous playlists, but today I got a new iphone (the 5s) and I downloaded spotify on it and none of my playlists showed up or anything once I logg...
  • nikkiadeveye
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not receiving updated playlist notifications for one playlist

When a playlist that I have subscribed to is updated, I receive a push notification on my iPhone and my iPad. However, recently, I have noticed that I no longer receive notifications when one of the playlists I subscribe is updated. This only seems t...

• When a playlist that I have subscribed to is updated, I receive a push notification on my iPhone and my iPad. However, recently, I have noticed that I no longer receive notifications when one of...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to connect

Can someone please help. I'm getting random login errors on both my Mac Book Pro (running Lion) and my my iPad v3 running the latest version of IOS. On the MBP it reports as error 117. On the iPad it just says "connecting". I have rebooted my router ...

• Regular
  • Can someone please help. I'm getting random login errors on both my Mac Book Pro (running Lion) and my my iPad v3 running the latest version of IOS. On the MBP it reports as error 117. On the iPad it...
  • Gsybloke
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS 7.1.2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

ipod touch playlists stop online and offline

We have been having consistent issues with our playlists both online and offline just stopping. The offline program will play about 6 songs and then just stop. The online playlist will only play about two songs and then stop. Any suggestions? We have...

• Casual Listener
  • We have been having consistent issues with our playlists both online and offline just stopping.  The offline program will play about 6 songs and then just stop.  The online playlist will on...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't Let Me Search in iPad

Just updated to ver. 1.4.1.4 and now search is not working on my iPad mini, although all other functions working properly. Since this app is basically useless without the search function, I will cancel my account if it is not resolved quickly.

• Casual Listener
  • Just updated to ver. 1.4.1.4 and now search is not working on my iPad mini, although all other functions working properly. Since this app is basically useless without the search function, I will canc...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes

Cannot log on, I'm in Denmark.

I registered in UK, asked me to log in today, I did then it said I can only use for 14 days abroad, and won't let me in! I deleted app on my iPad, uploaded another but same! I'm here for 9 months help??

• I registered in UK, asked me to log in today, I did then it said I can only use for 14 days abroad, and won't let me in! I deleted app on my iPad, uploaded another but same! I'm here for 9 months he...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested playlist for the day won't work !

I started to have this problem a few weeks ago. Everytime I chosse the browse option and try to access to one of the daily suggestions (shown in the attached picture), the playlist never appears (as shown in the second attached picture). This doesn't...

• I started to have this problem a few weeks ago. Everytime I chosse the browse option and try to access to one of the daily suggestions (shown in the attached picture), the playlist never appears (as&...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify is closing randomly on iPhone

At genuinely random times spotify crashes and when I click on the app again it goes back to a page I had on hours before. This happens a few times a day. I'm also new and in premium trial but am probably going to switch to actual premium after trial

• At genuinely random times spotify crashes and when I click on the app again it goes back to a page I had on hours before. This happens a few times a day. I'm also new and in premium trial but am prob...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP - URGENT!

So, I signed up for Spotify Premium and signing in through the website is perfectly fine. But then, as I try to sign in through the IOS app or the PC app ... it doesn't work. I gett the "Login Failed" error. AND YES, i made sure it was correct. I hea...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I signed up for Spotify Premium and signing in through the website is perfectly fine. But then, as I try to sign in through the IOS app or the PC app ... it doesn't work. I gett the "Login Failed...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium works on computer not on iPhone

I just bought premium and I can't figure out how to get it on my iPhone app

• I just bought premium and I can't figure out how to get it on my iPhone app
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays wrong song

Spotify Premium 1.5.0 iOS 7.1.2 Artist: Liars Album: WIXIW Track: #1, The Exact Color of Doubt When this track is played on iOS, track #4, "No.1 Against the Rush" from the same album is played instead. I have clean re-installed and that still has not...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify Premium 1.5.0 iOS 7.1.2   Artist: Liars Album: WIXIW Track: #1, The Exact Color of Doubt   When this track is played on iOS, track #4, "No.1 Against the Rush...
  • rwkleinjr
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Online mode while songs marked for offlne

I've been wondering about this. If I have all my music marked for offline playback, but Spotify is in online mode. Am I still using my data lines whether it be wifi or 4g? I been searching but cant find this answer. Does anyone know? Thanks -Evan

• Casual Listener
  • I've been wondering about this.  If I have all my music marked for offline playback, but Spotify is in online mode.  Am I still using my data lines whether it be wifi or 4g?   I be...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes