Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Intermittent volume lowering at same locations while driving

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 13.1.2 My Question or IssueI connect my iPhone to my car using Bluetooth and play Spotify that way. From time to time while driving, the volume will lower but it's usually at the same locati...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 13.1.2   My Question or Issue I connect my iPhone to my car using Bluetooth and play Spotify that way. From time to t...
  • Noappendix
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I keep Spotify Screen open when listening?

My Question or IssueI just updated to an iPhone and I can't find a way to leave Spotify open on my screen(like Youtube, Netflix, Maps, etc) when I'm listening to music. I listen to music while working and it's REALLY annoying to have to unlock my scr...

• My Question or Issue I just updated to an iPhone and I can't find a way to leave Spotify open on my screen(like Youtube, Netflix, Maps, etc) when I'm listening to music. I listen to music while work...
  • Belven
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify code cover not showing?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceIphone 11Operating SystemiOs 15.2 My Question or IssueSo, I made a 44 song playlist for a tumblr request I’ve gotten. I use the spotify codes when you see when you press the three dots when entering your playlist with all o...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Iphone 11 Operating System iOs 15.2   My Question or Issue So, I made a 44 song playlist for a tumblr request I’ve gotten. I use the spotify codes when ...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [IOS iPhone] Unable to play downloaded music in offline mode

I’m having this problem with my normal playlists that I have every single song downloaded and have had for years. Now all of a sudden 90% of my downloaded songs WILL NOT even start playing while offline. This issue is very annoying as I’ve not long a...

• Visitor
  • I’m having this problem with my normal playlists that I have every single song downloaded and have had for years. Now all of a sudden 90% of my downloaded songs WILL NOT even start playing while offl...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

any benefit to updating the app to latest version?

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone XR Operating System(iOS 14.8.1 (Spotify Version) 8.6.98.1447 My Question or IssueAt the time of thi...

• Music Fan
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone XR  Operating System (iO...
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Horrible warping sound when skipping through a song

PlanPremium CountryCanada DeviceiPhone 12 Pro Max Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueWhen skipping through parts of a song from the Lyrics tab I now encounter probably the worst, ear-rending sound I've heard in a music app. Like every lyric a...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium   Country Canada   Device iPhone 12 Pro Max   Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue When skipping through parts of a song from the Lyrics tab I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Airpods 3 - Sound cut off from one earphone!

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 15.5 My Question or Issue HelloLast February I bought Airpods 3 from Amazon. I used it without having any issues until three months. However, while I was listening to music on Spotify, I had ...

•   Plan Premium Country Turkey Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue   Hello Last February I bought Airpods 3 from Amazon. I used it without hav...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • AirPods
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Only half my local files syncing

When I try syncing my local files from my laptop to my iPhone it will only sync half of them, usually I get all or none syncing, the files are all good as I've used them on spotify before but they unsync themselves.I've tried moving the files to a ne...

• Casual Listener
  • When I try syncing my local files from my laptop to my iPhone it will only sync half of them, usually I get all or none syncing, the files are all good as I've used them on spotify before but they un...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I’m unable to play certain podcasts

A few of my podcasts refuse to play, I’ve logged out and back in, I’ve deleted and redownloaded the app, I’ve restarted my phone, I even logged out deleted the app restarted my phone redownloaded the app and logged in and it still doesn’t work. I hav...

• Casual Listener
  • A few of my podcasts refuse to play, I’ve logged out and back in, I’ve deleted and redownloaded the app, I’ve restarted my phone, I even logged out deleted the app restarted my phone redownloaded the...
  • Kiril
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast play order cannot be changed even if the sort order is what I want

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueWhen I play podcasts, I usually want to play the latest episode first and want Spotify to autoplay the second-latest episode automatically. After googling for this, the sug...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue When I play podcasts, I usually want to play the latest episode first and want Spotify to autopl...
  • dirtydiana
  • Casual Listener
  • 41 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 41 replies
  • 14 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect to sonos

Using spotify connect with Sonos instead of setup spotify on Sonos app, can I leave the house with my phone? Music stop or continue playing? Thanks

• Visitor
  • Using spotify connect with Sonos instead of setup spotify on Sonos app, can I leave the house with my phone? Music stop or continue playing? Thanks
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts not downloading under their name

Hi On my iPhone Spotify account some of my downloaded podcasts are stored with their logo beside them. Others are dumped under a generic "Downloaded" icon. These are unsearchable by my watch. How can I ensure that all downloaded podcasts have their c...

• Regular
  • Hi On my iPhone Spotify account some of my downloaded podcasts are stored with their logo beside them. Others are dumped under a generic "Downloaded" icon. These are unsearchable by my watch. How c...
  • OscarDC
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS app Asks "Add to Playlist Again" when song wasn't there

Behavior: Shazam a song, search in Spotify, add to playlist, select playlist and it acts like it was already in the play list: "Add to Playlist Again?"It adds it and still asks you if you want to add it again, it makes no sense. If you switch up whic...

• Behavior: Shazam a song, search in Spotify, add to playlist, select playlist and it acts like it was already in the play list: "Add to Playlist Again?" It adds it and still asks you if y...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Screen rotation for video changes after ads

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 15.1 My Question or IssueWhen listening to a podcast (JRE in this case) I have the phone rotated horizontally to watch the video. When ads start the rotation goes to portrait, but aft...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 15.1   My Question or Issue When listening to a podcast (JRE in this case) I have the phone rotated hor...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iMessage app removed

Apple iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 12.3 2018iOS 13.5Spotify Premium Fsmily Account The Spotify iMessage add on has disappeared so you can no longer search for songs and add them to messages within the iMessage app. there are a couple of other posts abo...

• Music Fan
  • Apple iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 12.3 2018 iOS 13.5 Spotify Premium Fsmily Account   The Spotify iMessage add on has disappeared so you can no longer search for songs and add them to message...
  • futureblast
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 15 likes
  • apple
    Functionality
    iMessage
    iOS
  • 9 replies
  • 15 likes

Superuser Contribution THIS IS SERIOUS !

Please help man! Make the app normal ! I used to love this app but now I just hate this UI. All my playlists are now shuffled and I can’t select a random song from them. I can’t even scroll through the lyrics of a song playing. None of it was there i...

• Visitor
  • Please help man! Make the app normal ! I used to love this app but now I just hate this UI. All my playlists are now shuffled and I can’t select a random song from them. I can’t even scroll through t...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch pauses my music when it is bumped

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8, Apple Watch series 5, Airpods My Question or IssueI started having this issue a few weeks ago where anytime I would touch or bump my watch, wearing it or not, while listening to Spotify, it would disconnect from m...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8, Apple Watch series 5, Airpods   My Question or Issue I started having this issue a few weeks ago where anytime I would touch or bump my ...
  • Pharoe
  • Visitor
  • 24 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Album Art not showing up properly under “your library”

Scrolling through “your library” more than half of my album covers only show a grey cd instead of the cover art. But when I tap into the albums they show up correctly. PlanDuo Device(iPhone 13)

• Casual Listener
  • Scrolling through “your library” more than half of my album covers only show a grey cd instead of the cover art. But when I tap into the albums they show up correctly.   Plan Duo   Dev...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps switching to Radio

Sometimes it randomly, in the middle of a song, skips a few songs and then switches from the previous playlist I've listened to, to radio instead. Is there a way to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Sometimes it randomly, in the middle of a song, skips a few songs and then switches from the previous playlist I've listened to, to radio instead. Is there a way to fix this?
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes