Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop after 50 secs on iPod Touch

Hi There. Anyone out there who's got the same problem. When playing songs on my iPod, every song pauses after aprox 50 sec. Pressing play again allows me to listen to another 50 secs. And so it continues with every single song. Any help is deeply app...

• Not applicable
  • Hi There.   Anyone out there who's got the same problem.   When playing songs on my iPod, every song pauses after aprox 50 sec. Pressing play again allows me to listen to another 50 sec...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! just joined

Hello, I wonder how long it takes before you can use spotify (if you just become a premiummember) Thanks in advance!! Lydia

• Regular
  • Hello,   I wonder   how long it takes   before you   can use   spotify   (if you   just   become a   premium member )   Than...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

lame sync

I dont mean to be rude, but why is the spotify app for the iphone such a **bleep**? I'm like, oh that playlist looks good, only got 20 minutes at work before i go home, quick turn on the wifi and download. great. something to play on my 40 minute tub...

• I dont mean to be rude, but why is the spotify app for the iphone such a **bleep**?   I'm like, oh that playlist looks good, only got 20 minutes at work before i go home, quick turn on the wif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Updated iPad/iPhone app only showing edited albums.

I updated my iPad and iPhone app yesterday and the albums I was listening to have disappeared. It used to show both versions of the album, regular and edited, now I can only see edited / amended albums. Is this just a bug with the new app or will I o...

• I updated my iPad and iPhone app yesterday and the albums I was listening to have disappeared. It used to show both versions of the album, regular and edited, now I can only see edited / amended albu...
  • camomerl
  • 25 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Can't stream music on my Ipad evan though I have premium account

Hi, I have premium account. Can play music unlimited on my computer and Black Berry. Bought an Ipad 3, downloaded the Ipad-app, log-in but can't stream music or access my playlists. Spotify says "....to stream music you need the premium account..." w...

• Hi,   I have premium account. Can play music unlimited on my computer and Black Berry. Bought an Ipad 3, downloaded the Ipad-app, log-in but can't stream music or access my playlists. Spotify ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 39 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 1 likes

iTunes Purchased files not able to play on Mobile App

Hey All, So my problem is this: I have purchased files through iTunes which I want to use on my spotify mobile app. I realize that the files are protected so I tried converting them to mp3 and also AAC formats, which did not work. I would like to not...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey All,   So my problem is this: I have purchased files through iTunes which I want to use on my spotify mobile app.  I realize that the files are protected so I tried converting them to...
  • Trulyepic808
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Gapless Playback is not quite

I'm not a gapless playback freak, but I decided to give it a try by listening to a mixtape I occasionally listen to. The gap is much shorter, but it is still there.

• Music Fan
  • I'm not a gapless playback freak, but I decided to give it a try by listening to a mixtape I occasionally listen to. The gap is much shorter, but it is still there.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort Playlists on iOS Mobile

Spotify! You are frustrating me so much! You have such an extensive library of music, yet I now check on a daily basis to see whether you have employed this new feature which should have actually been added before the music itself. It means that I ca...

• Spotify! You are frustrating me so much! You have such an extensive library of music, yet I now check on a daily basis to see whether you have employed this new feature which should have actually bee...
  • kazchaz
  • 13 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 21 likes

Solved!! Problem with local file sync to iPhone

I have some songs on my iTunes player that aren't on Spotify -- mostly songs by friends of mine that they've sent me. I can play them on my Spotify desktop (on a Mac) through the Local Files tab, and have added them to a playlist I want to play for s...

• Casual Listener
  • I have some songs on my iTunes player that aren't on Spotify -- mostly songs by friends of mine that they've sent me. I can play them on my Spotify desktop (on a Mac) through the Local Files tab, and...
  • Gemstar77
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

New iphone, songs not downloading....???

i had spotify on my other iphone, now i got it on my new iphone... all my playlists came up but when i try and select the "play in offline" they will not start to sync.... whats the problem????????????

• Casual Listener
  • i had spotify on my other iphone, now i got it on my new iphone... all my playlists came up but when i try and select the "play in offline" they will not start to sync.... whats the problem??????????...
  • ThisIsDansk
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

usb sync

why is there no usb sync for the iphone?

• Casual Listener
  • why is there no usb sync for the iphone?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists on iPod Touch

I got Spotify Premium a couple of days ago but for some reason I can't get offline playlists on my iPod. I've clicked on the 'Available Offline' option in the playlist but there's still nothing. It works when I connect to a Wi-fi connection, but I re...

• I got Spotify Premium a couple of days ago but for some reason I can't get offline playlists on my iPod. I've clicked on the 'Available Offline' option in the playlist but there's still nothing. It w...
  • Chipper
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant find the Spotify app for ipad OR iphone on my ipad

I have a problem, when i search for Spotify in app store on my ipad2 iOS 5 it doesnt show up! The iphone app does not show up either. When i go from a driect link from either spotifys web or links that people send me, i only get the message "your req...

• I have a problem, when i search for Spotify in app store on my ipad2 iOS 5 it doesnt show up! The iphone app does not show up either. When i go from a driect link from either spotifys web or links th...
  • Lucybaybak
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug-report: alarm not working with new version

When setting an alarm to turn off the music it just causes a slight pause then the music come back on. iOS 4 app works fine with this feature. Guessing this has something to do with the iPad not having a clock app

• Casual Listener
  • When setting an alarm to turn off the music it just causes a slight pause then the music come back on. iOS 4 app works fine with this feature. Guessing this has something to do with the iPad not havi...
  • Timnlea
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Local Non-Available Track Playing Incorrect Live Version on iPhone

I own the album "Union" by the Boxer Rebellion. It shows in iTunes and Spotify, and Spotify US has the album "unavailable" but my local copy plays just fine in Spotify. When I add it to a playlist and sync it to my iPhone, the first track, "Flashing ...

• Not applicable
  • I own the album "Union" by the Boxer Rebellion.  It shows in iTunes and Spotify, and Spotify US has the album "unavailable" but my local copy plays just fine in Spotify.  When I add it to a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad: support syncing folders

Hi, Is it me, or whole folders cannot be synched in one go in the new iPad app? In the iphone version this was possible, but now it seems like I have to go into each one of the playlists inside a folder to select that I want to enable offline mode fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Is it me, or whole folders cannot be synched in one go in the new iPad app? In the iphone version this was possible, but now it seems like I have to go into each one of the playlists inside a fol...
  • laglj
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Rearrange song on "Local files"

Hey!It seems that i cant rearrange my playlist on "Local files", does anyone know why or how I can do that??Thanks!

• Regular
  • Hey! It seems that i cant rearrange my playlist on "Local files", does anyone know why or how I can do that?? Thanks!
  • dan147
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local tracks not syncing on ipad/iphone

I have an IPAD and Spotify Preimium As you can seee below The red means those local tracks wont sync!

• Casual Listener
  • I have an IPAD and Spotify Preimium   As you can seee below   The red means those local tracks wont sync!
  • PazSHT
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad bug : clicking on people's icon for offline tunes makes the app crash

Clicking on people's icon for offline (downloaded) tunes makes the app crash. It happens for songs not in spotify catalog as well as for tunes in spotify catalog.

• Casual Listener
  • Clicking on people's icon for offline (downloaded) tunes makes the app crash. It happens for songs not in spotify catalog as well as for tunes in spotify catalog.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't send to spotify people

IOS5 - trying to share a track with my son (done many times before latest update).Go into share, share with spotify people. Send button on top right of screen does nothing and the blue send button on the keypad just returns the cursor down the page.A...

• IOS5 - trying to share a track with my son (done many times before latest update). Go into share, share with spotify people. Send button on top right of screen does nothing and the blue send button ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes