Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Ipod not syncing with laptop downloads.

I have an Ipod 32G unit. I never had a problem before syncing my downloaded music from my laptop to my Ipod. Now it wont sync new music. I have strong WiFi and have always been able to sync no problem. Now my Ipod just has a connecting.... at the top...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Ipod 32G unit. I never had a problem before syncing my downloaded music from my laptop to my Ipod. Now it wont sync new music. I have strong WiFi and have always been able to sync no proble...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Change Language on ios

Well everything is in english but when I go to push settings it says in german. Im swedish but live in austria and I would like to have everything in english, is it possible?

• Well everything is in english but when I go to push settings it says in german. Im swedish but live in austria and I would like to have everything in english, is it possible?
  • cnf
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

DragonFly

I recently picked up a DragonFly device to use wiyh my MacBook Air. Does Spotify work with DragonFly? What "format" should I select in setting up the "Audio MIDI Setup"--44100 Hz, 48000 Hz, 88200 Hz or 96000 Hz? Thanks in adavance for any help.

• Casual Listener
  • I recently picked up a DragonFly device to use wiyh my MacBook Air.  Does Spotify work with DragonFly?  What "format" should I select in setting up the "Audio MIDI Setup"--44100 Hz, 48000 H...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Premium not working on new iPhone

Just resubscribed to premium but it does not seem to recognize this on my brand new iPhone. Cant play any new songs I've added to playlist. Help!

• Just resubscribed to premium but it does not seem to recognize this on my brand new iPhone. Cant play any new songs I've added to playlist. Help!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Import iTunes Playlist to Spotify - Just track names

I've done several google searches on this topic but can't seem to find a solution. I have an iTunes library with about 1500 songs. I'd like to import a list containing all of my track names into Spotify so that I can create a playlist in Spotify and ...

• Regular
  • I've done several google searches on this topic but can't seem to find a solution.   I have an iTunes library with about 1500 songs.  I'd like to import a list containing all of my trac...
  • jquint21
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

keeps saying someone else is logged in

Spotify stops playing on my iphone and keeps saying someone else is logged in, and none of my other computers are on and nobody else is logged in. Been happening last four days.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify stops playing on my iphone and keeps saying someone else is logged in, and none of my other computers are on and nobody else is logged in. Been happening last four days.
  • sage319
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort your playlist on iPhone app.

Hi. Hei.I've been looking a long time for somewhere to contact spotify. Hate help FAQ that never have the answear. AnywayI've waited a long time for Spotify to make it possible to sort the playlist om the app.The feature I'm looking for is sort by ad...

• Hi. Hei. I've been looking a long time for somewhere to contact spotify.  Hate help FAQ that never have the answear.   Anyway I've waited a long time for Spotify to make it possible...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Syncing Wifi problem

Haven't been able to find the solution in the boards here. I have spotify on my 4S, unfortunately I'm on very bad wifi, so sometimes if that cuts out or something happens, it gets stuck loading a song as I'm trying to sync a playlist to be offline. I...

• Haven't been able to find the solution in the boards here. I have spotify on my 4S, unfortunately I'm on very bad wifi, so sometimes if that cuts out or something happens, it gets stuck loading a son...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

0 tracks on iPhone but 790 on computer

I got a playlist with 790 tracks, when I open the spotify app on my iPhone it says I got 0 tracks. I checked the playlist and nothing I did new playlists and same problem, no problems like that has ever happened to me before... Is it maybe the new up...

• Casual Listener
  • I got a playlist with 790 tracks, when I open the spotify app on my iPhone it says I got 0 tracks. I checked the playlist and nothing I did new playlists and same problem, no problems like that has e...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium subscription

I paid for the premium subscription and my iPhone all does not recognize me as a premium user! How can I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • I paid for the premium subscription and my iPhone all does not recognize me as a premium user! How can I fix this?
  • MikeyB
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop playlist not updating on iOS

Hello people, I added quite a lot of songs (200) to a new playlist on my desktop app and everything is ok, but when opening the same playlist on my iphone it only shows very few songs (28). I ended the app on iphone and didn't worked I unistalled the...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ut email publicly in posts, just for security! ~AnthonyB  
  • DaniloPonce
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlist will not play on my iphone anymore.

I have premium, and everything is payed for (checked the receipt), but now all of a sudden, my iphone app says that I don`t have premium and therefor can`t play any of my playlists. What to do?

• I have premium, and everything is payed for (checked the receipt), but now all of a sudden, my iphone app says that I don`t have premium and therefor can`t play any of my playlists. What to do?
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! local files on iphone disappear on restart

Reproducible every darn time: connect over wifi, toggle "available offline" to on, albums sync, exit app, go back to app, the "available offline" toggle is now off for some reason, and the synced tracks are unavailable.

• Casual Listener
  • Reproducible every darn time: connect over wifi, toggle "available offline" to on, albums sync, exit app, go back to app, the "available offline" toggle is now off for some reason, and the synced tra...
  • UnawesomeCroc
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot download iPad app

Hi, I've tried to download the iPad app, but nothing happens when I press install & the button is greyed out. driving me mad! Have paid for premium & want to play some music!! Help please!

• Hi, I've tried to download the iPad app, but nothing happens when I press install & the button is greyed out.   driving me mad! Have paid for premium & want to play some music!! Help...
  • TheGreenster
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify didn't back up my ipod files

So I'm just complaining here, but Spotify said it would back up my iPod files to my computer, except it didn't. It created the new folder I wanted, but no files inside it. There was music on there I won't get back, won't find anywhere, neat bootlegs ...

• Visitor
  • So I'm just complaining here, but Spotify said it would back up my iPod files to my computer, except it didn't.  It created the new folder I wanted, but no files inside it.  There was music...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot activate Spotify premium on iPhone

Hi, I just registered for a 30 day premium trial but i cannot access premium content on my iPhone. I've tried multiple logins through facebook, and the other username, but I cannot manage to get it to work.

• Hi, I just registered for a 30 day premium trial but i cannot access premium content on my iPhone. I've tried multiple logins through facebook, and the other username, but I cannot manage to get it...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Originals VW Navigation RNS 510 (MFD3 version C). With mdi in a Jetta.

Sorry for my bad English Uses an iPod touch 16 GB 4.gen (latest update) connected to the MDI input.Do not have the possibility to use streamingWhen I start Spotify and choose a song I get sound artist, song name and album name in the display.So Far s...

• Sorry for my bad English Uses an iPod touch 16 GB 4.gen (latest update) connected to the MDI input. Do not have the possibility to use streaming When I start Spotify and choose a song I get sound...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Spotify
    VW Navigation RNS 510
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Just paid for premium but wont work on iphone 5

I just signed up for premium because of all the great reviews I got from my friends, however when I try to listen to my friends playlists my phone is saying that option is only available to premium users (which I am). There is no one to call or email...

• Casual Listener
  • I just signed up for premium because of all the great reviews I got from my friends, however when I try to listen to my friends playlists my phone is saying that option is only available to premium u...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes