Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Device ID

I'd like to generate a device ID for using spotify on my squeezebox, but i'm not able to do so. There is no o button or link where I can activate this ID in my profile. I'm premium member so I think this should be possible,

• Casual Listener
  • I'd like to generate a device ID for using spotify on my squeezebox, but i'm not able to do so. There is no  o button or link where I can activate this ID in my profile.    I'm premi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot log in Spotify on Iphone

I have finished my 48 hour trial and Spotify kicked me out. Now Im trying to log in again but it said Couldn't login Error 408. I was logging using facebook. Can anyone tell me what was wrong and how i can get it to be fixed

• Casual Listener
  • I have finished my 48 hour trial and Spotify kicked me out. Now Im trying to log in again but it said Couldn't login Error 408. I was logging using facebook. Can anyone tell me what was wrong and how...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not syncing tracks on iphone 4

I've loved spotify for years and haven't ever had a problem really untill recently. Basically new tracks won't sync and it's so darn annoying. I've had to delete spotify a few times now only to reinstall it and have a large library on it. The past 3 ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've loved spotify for years and haven't ever had a problem really untill recently. Basically new tracks won't sync and it's so darn annoying. I've had to delete spotify a few times now only to reins...
  • Joshuautt
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Free spotify only in desktop?

Help out a blonde neewbie! Is it really so, that in order to play Spotify (stream, listen, what ever) on my iPad Mini, I need the Premium account? No use for the iOs app for a free account?

• Help out a blonde neewbie! Is it really so, that in order to play Spotify (stream, listen, what ever) on my iPad Mini, I need the Premium account? No use for the iOs app for a free account?
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to sync

Hi guys,i have the 30 days testversion of a spotify premium account and created a playlist, but my ipad is not able to sync them, so I cannot listen to the songs when I am offline? what can I do to fix that problem?thanks and greetingsNader

• Hi guys, i have the 30 days testversion of a spotify premium account and created a playlist, but my ipad is not able to sync them, so I cannot listen to the songs when I am offline? what can I do to...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Other user playlists (e.g. Topsify) on the iOS app

Hi all, Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but have other user's playlists (like the Topsify Top 40 one) gone from the app? There could be somewhere I'm not looking but it's not appearing in search. Thanks a lot, Rich

• Music Fan
  • Hi all,   Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but have other user's playlists (like the Topsify Top 40 one) gone from the app?   There could be somewhere I'm not looking but it's not appear...
  • dagomi69
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

I'm having a strange issue syncing a playlist

DescriptionI have a playlist named "Shuffle" that displays "487 of 503 tracks synced" and it won't sync further. Note that I cannot find which songs aren't synced. I've scrolled through the list and not a single one seems to not be donwloaded. I have...

• Music Fan
  • Description I have a playlist named "Shuffle" that displays "487 of 503 tracks synced" and it won't sync further. Note that I cannot find which songs aren't synced. I've scrolled through the list an...
  • CamSchnackel
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Constant crashing with the new update

I literally listened to 10 songs in a row with a crash at the beginning of each song. And it reached a point where it just completely froze, something in my year of listening from my phone haven't experienced. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the entire ...

• Roadie
  • I literally listened to 10 songs in a row with a crash at the beginning of each song. And it reached a point where it just completely froze, something in my year of listening from my phone haven't ex...
  • xbrett83
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossible to use spotify when I'm offline

Ipad mini account premium, when I'm without wifi I can't open spotify keep me request to login that is impossible to do without wifi

• Regular
  • Ipad mini account premium, when I'm without wifi I can't open spotify keep me request to login that is impossible to do without wifi
  • Airbus320
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Please help

Why did I pay for premium but I still can't search for songs and its still telling me to upgrade? The money was taken off my card?

• Casual Listener
  • Why did I pay for premium but I still can't search for songs and its still telling me to upgrade? The money was taken off my card?
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium not working

Hi I bought premium spotify for 9.99 month. It has appeared on my credit card statement and taken my money but still says I must be premium. User to stream

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I bought premium spotify for 9.99 month. It has appeared on my credit card statement and taken my money but still says I must be premium. User to stream
  • Acl0430
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify radio doesn´t work with 3G (but with WiFi)

Description Spotify radio doesn´t work with 3G (but with WiFi) A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Radio doesn´t start without WiFi-connecton. 2. I reinstalled iOS and the Spotify app. 3. It works just fine when I stream with 3G usin...

Bild 2012-12-29 kl. 18.47.jpg
  • Regular
  • Description Spotify radio doesn´t work with 3G (but with WiFi)   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Radio doesn´t start without WiFi-connecton. 2. I reinstalled iOS a...
  • mupet0000
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

SOME local files won't sync with iPhone 4S

I have a few files I'm trying to sync with my iPhone 4S that just won't seem to carry over. Seems like files that don't have a corresponding Spotify file. I have these files on my computer, I was able to sync them and play them on the desktop version...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a few files I'm trying to sync with my iPhone 4S that just won't seem to carry over.  Seems like files that don't have a corresponding Spotify file.  I have these files on my compute...
  • yeags84
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot play selected song on my iphone

I get a message.....only premium users can stream on demand.....I have a trial premium membership already. Help.

• I get a message.....only premium users can stream on demand..... I have a trial premium membership already. Help.  
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist playback order

I have en guestion for my Spotyfi iPhone app Does anyone know if it is posible to playback a playlist in reverse, så that the song i've last added is the first song, and not the last I can do this on my Mac, simply by sorting my playlist acording to ...

• I have en guestion for my Spotyfi iPhone app   Does anyone know if it is posible to playback a playlist in reverse, så that the song i've last added is the first song, and not the last  ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

getting started

I am a new member.I have had the free trial and now completed the Spotift premium and been given a user name.I have even reinstalled on my Ipad but it is still showing the Premium Required Warning.How can I have this removed?

• I am a new member.I have had the free trial and now completed the Spotift premium and been given a user name. I have even reinstalled on my Ipad but it is still showing the Premium Required Warning....
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Logo

If you guys are updating the desktop app with the new logo.... you should definitely update the mobile app icon logo... Its getting way too old and that should deserve a refresh too -Chase

• Roadie
  • If you guys are updating the desktop app with the new logo.... you should definitely update the mobile app icon logo... Its getting way too old and that should deserve a refresh too 🙂    ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify stops playing after about 1 hour on ipod touch

I have spotify premium and use an ipod touch. I mainly use it in a dock in my daughter's bedroom to play nursery rhymes. I noticed that the playlist, which was set to repeat, was spontaneously stopping after about one hour. Thinking that this could h...

• I have spotify premium and use an ipod touch. I mainly use it in a dock in my daughter's bedroom to play nursery rhymes. I noticed that the playlist, which was set to repeat, was spontaneously stoppi...
  • HikariKaoriko
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No se sincronizan mis amigos de Facebook con spotify

Hola Comunidad! He empezado a utilizar Spotify y directamente entré con mis datos de Facebook. ahora estoy en el primer mes de prueba y no se me cargan mis amigos de Facebook. Voy a seguir y me dice que no hay mas personas para mostrar, pero es que n...

• Hola Comunidad!   He empezado a utilizar Spotify y directamente entré con mis datos de Facebook. ahora estoy en el primer mes de prueba y no se me cargan mis amigos de Facebook. Voy a seguir y...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes