Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Playlists Mixing Public and Local Files

Hello. I have several playlists (one per artist) on my phone. For some artists, I'd like to add one or two local files that aren't availably publicly on Spotify. However, when I do this, the entire playlist will end up being downloaded to my phone, e...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I have several playlists (one per artist) on my phone. For some artists, I'd like to add one or two local files that aren't availably publicly on Spotify.   However, when I do this, t...
  • mistergoomba
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone App bug fix wishlist

So I recently made the big leap to transition all of my music listening to spotify (I've been premium for over a year but didn't really enjoy juggling between iTuens and Spotify). I now sync only the music tracks not on spotify to my iPhone's Music A...

• Visitor
  • So I recently made the big leap to transition all of my music listening to spotify (I've been premium for over a year but didn't really enjoy juggling between iTuens and Spotify). I now sync only t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod and iPhone not showing up under Devices ... with a twist

I had this same probably a few months ago. Then it miraculously fixed itself, even a wonder to the Spotify answer-guy here. Now it's back again. Neither the IPod nor the iPhone will register under Devices. The twist is: If I make a new music director...

• Regular
  • I had this same probably a few months ago. Then it miraculously fixed itself, even a wonder to the Spotify answer-guy here.   Now it's back again. Neither the IPod nor the iPhone will regist...
  • Luxjules
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod Touch keeps logging out

I just got a Spotify Premium Account for my Ipod Touch. I synced several playlist offline and they work just fine, but I keep getting logged out. It won't let me sign back in without wifi. It is pointless and a waste of money to have spotify if I can...

• I just got a Spotify Premium Account  for my Ipod Touch. I synced several playlist offline and they work just fine, but I keep getting logged out. It won't let me sign back in without wifi. &nbs...
  • spitspotpremium
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists 'Loading'

Hi. Nobody is replying to my message in this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Playlists-Loading/m-p/193156#M9226 So I've started another one. If I don't get a response today I'll be cancelling my Spotify subscriptio...

IMG_0744.PNG
  • Music Fan
  • Hi. Nobody is replying to my message in this thread:   http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Playlists-Loading/m-p/193156#M9226   So I've started another one. ...
  • davidmhodgey
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone - Playlist issues, ignores queued tracks

Hi, I'm having trouble with Spotify on my iPhone 4S. I can queue songs, but when the current song finishes, rather than go to the queued song, it will just skip to another random song in an entirely different playlist. It then won't let me skip any m...

• Hi,   I'm having trouble with Spotify on my iPhone 4S. I can queue songs, but when the current song finishes, rather than go to the queued song, it will just skip to another random song in a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

downloading playlist to iphone

can i download my "spotify favorites" playlist to my iphone 5 as a one-time service, or do I need to subscribe tothe spotify premium and pay monthly?

• can i download my "spotify favorites" playlist to my iphone 5 as a one-time service, or do I need to subscribe tothe spotify premium and pay monthly?
  • Jude
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iOS 4 shuts down

Hello, When I open spotify on my iPhone to listen to music Spotify always shuts down after 1 minute or so, I have Spotify iOS 4 I can't update my iPhone to iOS 5 cuz I have the older phone.

• Regular
  • Hello,   When I open spotify on my iPhone to listen to music Spotify always shuts down after 1 minute or so, I have Spotify iOS 4   I can't update my iPhone to iOS 5 cuz I have the ...
  • DJP1972
  • Regular
  • 23 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium subscription won't work on iphone 4!

I have subscribed to spotify and while I can use it on my computer ( a pc) whenever I log into spotify on my iphone 4 with ios6 I am given the message that only premium users can play songs on demand. I AM a premium user! I am logging in correctly, I...

• Casual Listener
  • I have subscribed to spotify and while I can use it on my computer ( a pc) whenever I log into spotify on my iphone 4 with ios6 I am given the message that only premium users can play songs on demand...
  • seanybiker
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My phone won't activate my account

So I switched to an iPhone 4 downloaded all my apps from iCloud and every other app word just fine. Every times I try to listen to my playlist it sends me to the radio and says its for premium users only so I checked my account and it says I am a pre...

• Visitor
  • So I switched to an iPhone 4 downloaded all my apps from iCloud and every other app word just fine. Every times I try to listen to my playlist it sends me to the radio and says its for premium users ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with Spotify on car system since iOS6 upgrade

Ever since upgrading to iOS6 on my iPhone, I am not able to use Spotify at all. I have tried connecting the USB and then hitting "play" on Spotify, but there's nothing; it only allows me to play music from iTunes. Hope someone can help!

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since upgrading to iOS6 on my iPhone, I am not able to use Spotify at all. I have tried connecting the USB and then hitting "play" on Spotify, but there's nothing; it only allows me to play musi...
  • ThePantman
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

When am I "syncing" and when am I "streaming"?

I have a playlist that I have downloaded so i can take offline, but I also use it when I'm at home with an internet connection. I have the sound quality under settings set to Extreme for streaming and Normal when I'm syncing. I'm fine with the qualit...

• I have a playlist that I have downloaded so i can take offline, but I also use it when I'm at home with an internet connection. I have the sound quality under settings set to Extreme for streaming an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no playlist

after the latest update all my playlists are gone from my iphone, although the playlists are still on my computer app. If i connect to my pc en say to synchronize some playlist with my iphone, the synchronization starts, but no play list appear. What...

• Casual Listener
  • after the latest update all my playlists are gone from my iphone, although the playlists are still on my computer app. If i connect to my pc en say to synchronize some playlist with my iphone, the ...
  • _kkatie
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums missing on iPhone

I just upgraded to Spotify Premium after purchasing an iPhone 4s. All seemed to be going well until I made the unhappy discovery that many of my "starred" albums are readily available when using my laptop but can not be found using the search functio...

• Casual Listener
  • I just upgraded to Spotify Premium after purchasing an iPhone 4s. All seemed to be going well until I made the unhappy discovery that many of my "starred" albums are readily available when using my l...
  • unclebunk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No Radio, No Library

The desktop client is pretty good. I use it instead of itunes now. And the iphone client is pretty good if you spend lots of time on the desktop client. Which I don't. How come there's no kind of library support on the iPhone? Playlists are great and...

• Casual Listener
  • The desktop client is pretty good. I use it instead of itunes now. And the iphone client is pretty good if you spend lots of time on the desktop client. Which I don't.   How come there's no ...
  • ThadArmitage
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Ipad update now causes itunes playlists to instantly crash spotify when I try to play them

I upgraded to Spotify Premium so that I could use Spotify on my ipad. This worked really well & I could even play my itunes playlists which were on my windows desktop. These playlists also contained tracks that weren't on spotify & just on my local h...

• Regular
  • I upgraded to Spotify Premium so that I could use Spotify on my ipad. This worked really well & I could even play my itunes playlists which were on my windows desktop. These playlists also contai...
  • RockinRoyston
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Premium Member

Hi! I just signed up for Spotify Premium. My understanding is that we can play any tracks freely from the Spotify library on the iPhone. But, when I look up an artist and click one of their songs, I get "Only Premium users can stream on demand," and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I just signed up for Spotify Premium. My understanding is that we can play any tracks freely from the Spotify library on the iPhone. But, when I look up an artist and click one of thei...
  • Yuppitsthatkid
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP!!!!! iPhone 4 no premium!?

I just bought the premium for my iPhone 4 aaaand it still says I'm a free member f$&@ that. I spent hard earned money on this, and I'm not going to let it go to waste. I'd like to get this resolved ASAP! I'm not to happy with this so called junk....

• Music Fan
  • I just bought the premium for my iPhone 4 aaaand it still says I'm a free member f$&@ that. I spent hard earned money on this, and I'm not going to let it go to waste. I'd like to get this resolv...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad does not stream music

Hi there, I have a 4th Generation iPad and have Premium subscription of Spotify. I am having this strange behaviour where Spotify does not stream any music unless the song is in offline mode. You press play and the app just does not do any thing. Som...

• Hi there,   I have a 4th Generation iPad and have Premium subscription of Spotify.    I am having this strange behaviour where Spotify does not stream any music unless the song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing randomly connected to car stereo using USB cable

iOS spotify will randomly stop playing and disconnect my iPhone from the car stereo when connected using 30 pin USB cable - help please

• Casual Listener
  • iOS spotify will randomly stop playing and disconnect my iPhone from the car stereo when connected using 30 pin USB cable - help please
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes