Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Ipod touch 8gb - premium account

I am looking to purchase an ipod touch 8gb. I already pay for the premium spotify. What I am wondering is how many songs I can have on my spotify online/offline on the 8gb ipod? I would mainly like to use it offline for some playlists. I don't plan o...

• Casual Listener
  • I am looking to purchase an ipod touch 8gb. I already pay for the premium spotify. What I am wondering is how many songs I can have on my spotify online/offline on the 8gb ipod?  I would mainly ...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Navigating Spotify on iPhone

How do I get to my queue from the "Now Playing" Screen?

• Regular
  • How do I get to my queue from the "Now Playing" Screen?
  • DancingPaul
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Offline Mode not working after the 4th playlist

Hi ! I am trying to have my 4th playlist available offline on my iphone4. It does not sync.The first 3 playlists were synced fine and show the green offline symbol for all the tracks.I have tried to recreate the playlist on the iphone and on the Wind...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi !   I am trying to have my 4th playlist available offline on my iphone4. It does not sync. The first 3 playlists were synced fine and show the green offline symbol for all the tracks. I h...
  • jvanderb
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium not recognized on iPhone

My iPhone doesn't recognize my premium account either.Sorry but your software has a lot of bugs. Please advise ifyou can about fixing the mobile client problem.x_er_98

• Casual Listener
  • My iPhone doesn't recognize my premium account either. Sorry but your software has a lot of bugs. Please advise if you can about fixing the mobile client problem. x_er_98
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

just upgraded and Ipod will not sync

I recently upgraded to Spotify Premium, however when I plug my ipod into the computer nothing shows up under the 'device' tab. Why is my device not showing up?I've closed itunes and I've opened spotify then my device and vice versa...but nothing is s...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently upgraded to Spotify Premium, however when I plug my ipod into the computer nothing shows up under the 'device' tab.  Why is my device not showing up? I've closed itunes and I've open...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline tracks are perpetually syncing

The President of my company got a Spotify membership and has been struggling for weeks to get offline tracks to work properly on his iPhone. He has about fifty tracks and when he first joined I managed to get all of them to sync to his phone over the...

• The President of my company got a Spotify membership and has been struggling for weeks to get offline tracks to work properly on his iPhone. He has about fifty tracks and when he first joined I manag...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Does not sync with iPhone

My playlists wont sync with my iPhone, only the local files. Can somebody please help me?

• Casual Listener
  • My playlists wont sync with my iPhone, only the local files. Can somebody please help me?
  • tjb
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems Spotify vs Facebook

Everytime i wanna share a song to Facebook the web version starts and i'm forced to log in. Why?I'm already logged in with the app version. Anyone who can solve this problem?

• Gig Goer
  • Everytime i wanna share a song to Facebook the web version starts and i'm forced to log in. Why? I'm already logged in with the app version. Anyone who can solve this problem?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists and issues while abroad

Might be a coincident, but this is now the second holiday in a row where my Offline playlist works fine while on holiday but when I get home for some reason all playlist comes not available offline and I have to sync the playlist on my phone (Iphone4...

• Might be a coincident, but this is now the second holiday in a row where my Offline playlist works fine while on holiday but when I get home for some reason all playlist comes not available offline a...
  • 88TBone
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New iPod Touch issue

I have been using Spotify on a 3rd generation iPod Touch for about 6 months now. Recently I upgraded to a 4th generation device and have been resyncing my playlists and tracks. The problem is that none of my local tracks will play in offline mode now...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using Spotify on a 3rd generation iPod Touch for about 6 months now. Recently I upgraded to a 4th generation device and have been resyncing my playlists and tracks. The problem is that no...
  • ljackson
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Only sync songs that Spotify dont have?

Hey I just got premium service yesterday and overall its fantastic!However i have i little request: Let's say i have a playlist with 100 songs(could be a lot more). 10 songs are not in the Spotify library. Is there any way I can sync. ONLY the 10 son...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey  I just got premium service yesterday and overall its fantastic! However i have i little request:   Let's say i have a playlist with 100 songs(could be a lot more). 10 songs are not...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened to Tablified?

Removed from Appstore http://devblog.thefamoussoftwarecompany.com/?p=44 I'm assuming Spotify got it removed, and if they did, I wonder why? And why can't Spotify make a app when a singe guy made one in a week because of personal need and extra time?

• Casual Listener
  • Removed from Appstore   http://devblog.thefamoussoftwarecompany.com/?p=44   I'm assuming Spotify got it removed, and if they did, I wonder why? And why can't Spotify&nbsp...
  • jfooobet
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't sync!

Hey, the music won't sync when I put them in ''Starred'' from my PC, it worked previously but no longer... I added like 40 songs but nothing appear... I can see them on the PC tho, help I tried to log off, shut down, restart everything...I'm going to...

• Hey, the music won't sync when I put them in ''Starred'' from my PC, it worked previously but no longer... I added like 40 songs but nothing appear... I can see them on the PC tho, help 😕   I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Public Playlists and Artist Radio

Two semi-related questions. Is there a way to access Public Playlists and Artist Radio via the iphone app? If not, is that something that is going to be included in future iterations of the app? Thanks!

• Two semi-related questions.  Is there a way to access Public Playlists and Artist Radio via the iphone app?     If not, is that something that is going to be included in future i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Is it possible to have playlist's on my desktop version without having them on my phone?

Can somebody help me?? I just recently subscribed to Spotify premium but I only have an 8 GB iPhone and all of my playlists won't fit on my phone but I don't want to have to get rid of them

• Regular
  • Can somebody help me?? I just recently subscribed to Spotify premium but I only have an 8 GB iPhone and all of my playlists won't fit on my phone but I don't want to have to get rid of them
  • jvanderb
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Pause While Locked Switches to iMusic

Version 0.4.23.11.g86a7d473iPhone 4S To reproduce: 1 Play something in Spotify 2 Lock the iPhone 3 Use the headphone mic/volume control to pause Spotify 4 Use the headphone mic/volume control again to resume playback. iMusic will play instead of Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Version 0.4.23.11.g86a7d473 iPhone 4S   To reproduce:  1 Play something in Spotify  2 Lock the iPhone  3 Use the headphone mic/volume control to pause Spotify  4 Use t...
  • robertpreyes
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! Account samenvoegen mislukt : can't merge Spotify and Facebook account

Please help me,I just bought an Iphone, downloaded the Spotify app and wanted tot log in. But it keeps telling me that he cant connect my Spotify and Facebook account. Also, in Spotify on my Windows laptop I can't see any friends. I tried > file > co...

• Please help me, I just bought an Iphone, downloaded the Spotify app and wanted tot log in. But it keeps telling me that he cant connect my Spotify and Facebook account. Also, in Spotify on my Window...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash every time I star a song

Every time I star a song on my iPhone it crashes after about five seconds. I have to uninstall/reinstall the app for it to stop crashing. It's been an issue for about a month now and I'm clueless as to what is going on with the Spotify app. Anyone el...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I star a song on my iPhone it crashes after about five seconds. I have to uninstall/reinstall the app for it to stop crashing. It's been an issue for about a month now and I'm clueless as ...
  • jlazo19
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Inconsistent grayed playlists

Why some of my playlists are grayed in iPhone App, but not in Mac OS X App ? I'm not in Offline Mode, I'm always in Online mode. I've tried to delete the playlists from my iPhone, and sync it with my iMac. But the new playlists are still grayed. I ca...

• Casual Listener
  • Why some of my playlists are grayed in iPhone App, but not in Mac OS X App ?   I'm not in Offline Mode, I'm always in Online mode.  I've tried to delete the playlists from my iPhone, a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes