Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Unable to filter / sort playlist in Carplay

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple Carplay)Operating System(iOS 13.3) My Question or IssueWhen I'm using carplay, I click on to my playlists and I normally like to filter by recently added, I don't have the option to do this on carpl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple Carplay) Operating System (iOS 13.3)   My Question or Issue When I'm using carplay, I click on to my playlists and I normally l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue changing / skipping track in VW Composition Media System

Anyone else having this issue? iPhone 6, latest iOS. Plugged into USB port of media system in vehicle (vehicle is brand new model Polo). Music plays fine through audio system of car. You have to use the spoitfy interface on the phone to start playing...

• Music Fan
  • Anyone else having this issue?   iPhone 6, latest iOS. Plugged into USB port of media system in vehicle (vehicle is brand new model Polo).   Music plays fine through audio system of car...
  • sing4joy31
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Waiting for download

 Plan premiumCountry Turkey Device iPhone 7 Operating System ios My Question or Issue My Spotify don't let me download any music i have a small playlist have like 40 song and i have mkre than 2 gb free and my internet is fast usually 10 mgb/s and whe...

33FCB1C0-1962-40E1-95D4-94C878E2E2B2.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan premium Country Turkey   Device iPhone 7    Operating System ios    My Question or Issue  My Spotify don't let me download any music i have a small playl...
  • Bdady
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Notifications don‘t work

I do not get any kind of notifications. I have turned on everything, E-Mail and Push and do not get any. Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

• Casual Listener
  • I do not get any kind of notifications. I have turned on everything, E-Mail and Push and do not get any. Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?   Thanks in advanc...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't play from Apple Watch 3 when iPhone is switched off

PlanPremiumCountryUK Device(iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch Series 3)Operating System(iOS 13.3, watchOS 6.1.2)both latest My Question or Issue I cannot play Spotify into a connected device from my Apple Watch when the iPhone is off. I have deleted apps on...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device (iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch Series 3) Operating System (iOS 13.3, watchOS 6.1.2)both latest   My Question or Issue   I cannot play Spotify ...
  • loveglass
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio from Playlist needs improvement!

PlanPremiumCountryUSMy Question or IssueI have made playlists with a handful of artists and songs with the specific purpose of using the "go to radio" feature to listen to more of their music and discover like artists - and NONE of the artists or son...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US My Question or Issue I have made playlists with a handful of artists and songs with the specific purpose of using the "go to radio" feature to listen to more of their mus...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • playlist radio
    Playlist Radio song variation
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Si cambio mi teléfono pierdo mis canciones y playlists descargadas?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

AirPods pro Problem

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 11, new AirPods pro with newest firmware Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueAnnoying shift to high volume when going from Spotify playing music to Siri. Normal volume in S...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 11, new AirPods pro with newest firmware  Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Anno...
  • Silkysuzi
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot get local files to download onto iphone

I have tried everything I can think of. I've never had this problem before but my local files aren't downloading at all. they appear on my playlist on my macbook but when i download the playlist the arow symbol doesn't go away from my local files but...

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried everything I can think of. I've never had this problem before but my local files aren't downloading at all. they appear on my playlist on my macbook but when i download the playlist the ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Sporify starts playing a song when i shut off my phone

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone xOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueWhen i have Spotify open on my phone and turn the phone off, IT starts playing a song.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone x Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue When i have Spotify open on my phone and turn the phone off, IT starts playing a song.
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Can no longer use Spotify in the car due to skipping issue

Until a week ago I regularly used Spotify in my car connected via USB cable but this is no longer possible because after playing just one song the app skips to the next and the next and the next and the next and the next and can't be stopped. The onl...

• Casual Listener
  • Until a week ago I regularly used Spotify in my car connected via USB cable but this is no longer possible because after playing just one song the app skips to the next and the next and the next and ...
  • Cottonbean
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Car
    iphone
    skipping
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist incomplete on Ford Sync

Plan Premium FamilyCountry ItalyDeviceIphone 7Operating SystemOS 13.3.1SYNC version3.3 Hi! I created a playlist containing 49 music tracks. From mobile and desktop I see all the songs but when I connect the cable phone to my car, the number 49 is dis...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  Premium Family Country  Italy Device Iphone 7 Operating System OS 13.3.1 SYNC version 3.3   Hi!  I created a playlist containing 49 music tracks. F...
  • matteo86
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! new playlist created

took a short nap, woke up and opened spotify to find that i had a playlist with no songs on it named “Strangers” that i have never created. it wasn’t there a few hours ago. not sure how could that have happened. any suggestions on how this could have...

• Visitor
  • took a short nap, woke up and opened spotify to find that i had a playlist with no songs on it named “Strangers” that i have never created.  it wasn’t there a few hours ago.  not sure how c...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit Content Feature Missing IPAD

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceIPAD 2Operating SystemiOS 9.3.5 My Question or IssueI removed Spotify app and re-downloaded it via ICloud but now it is missing the Explicit Content. I followed the other suggestions on the other questions but still is m...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device IPAD 2 Operating System iOS 9.3.5   My Question or Issue I removed Spotify app and re-downloaded it via ICloud but now it is missing the Explicit Con...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local Files to iPhone

PlanPremium (family)CountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueSo I am having trouble syncing my downloaded songs from my desktop to my mobile device. I have the folder connected to my Spotify and have the download...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (family) Country United States Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue So I am having trouble syncing my downloaded songs from my desktop to my mo...
  • Robbie95
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to change volume in app

Iphone x My Question or Issuecasting to google home speakers. Cannot change volume from in app slider. see screengrab i tried to change with slider but does not work. I have to use the updown volume rocker or the shortcut from swipe down menu.https:/...

• Visitor
  • Iphone x     My Question or Issue casting to google home speakers. Cannot change volume from in app slider.  see screengrab i tried to change with slider but does not work. I have...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Where did the dislike button go??

Plan: PremiumCountry: United StatesDevice: iPhone XROperating System: iOS 13.3.1 The dislike button that was present on playlist radios literally 3 days ago has disappeared, and now I have no apparent way to tell Spotify that I hate certain songs. Th...

• Visitor
  •   Plan: Premium Country: United States Device: iPhone XR Operating System: iOS 13.3.1   The dislike button that was present on playlist radios literally 3 days ago has disappeared, an...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[iPhone 8] ANR when User entered shared by Discord options and slightly drag down on a screen

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 13.3, Spotify ver.8.5.40.252 My Question or IssueUser wanted to share album by Discord option. While scrolling through available servers to share User flicked down on space between popupe shar...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 13.3, Spotify ver.8.5.40.252   My Question or Issue User wanted to share album by Discord option. While scrolling throu...
  • andrewbvstard
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hidden songs

Plan: FreeCountry: USDevice: iPhone XROperating System: iOS 13.3My Question or Issue: I accidentally hit the hide song button (the circle with the minus inside). In attempt to get the songs back, I removed these songs from myliked playlist so I could...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Free Country: US Device: iPhone XR Operating System: iOS 13.3 My Question or Issue: I accidentally hit the hide song button (the circle with the minus inside). In attempt to get the so...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hi I having this issue I’m playing Spotify Premium in my iphone 8 connected to a Bose Mini II Soundl

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes