Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

When I'm in a radio or playlist, Spotify automatically leaves playlist after one song

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starting random songs

PlanPremiumCountryGermany Device(iPhone Operating System(iOS 13.3.1) My Question or IssueSince yesterday, after I start Spotify I get the question to play spotify on the web browser which I always deny. Furthermore few seconds after I start to play m...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany   Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 13.3.1)   My Question or Issue Since yesterday, after I start Spotify I get the question to play sp...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue invisible

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceiPhone 8Operating System(iOS 13.3 My Question or IssueSo if I add a single song to queue it’s invisible but still plays. If I add a second song to the queue the second song turns invisible. The latest track added alway...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany  Device iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 13.3   My Question or Issue So if I add a single song to queue it’s invisible but still plays. If I add...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • queue
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hacked? Recently played incorrect

PlanPremiumThe Netherlands Device(iPhone 8, iPhone x, Macbook Pro )Operating System(iOS ) My Question or IssueMy recently played shows songs that I have never heard from (or listen to). Is my account hacked?

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium The Netherlands   Device (iPhone 8, iPhone x, Macbook Pro ) Operating System (iOS )   My Question or Issue My recently played shows songs that I have neve...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Recently Played
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics on spotify

I have a friend that can see the lyric of the music that is playing on the Spotify app, but she have an android. How can I see the lyrics without going to the musixmatch app on IOS? Can I do that?

• I have a friend that can see the lyric of the music that is playing on the Spotify app, but she have an android. How can I see the lyrics without going to the musixmatch app on IOS? Can I do that?
  • Lorenzo_NGG
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Album art is not showing

Hi. None of the album art is showing. This is happening only on my device, on others my account is fine. It has been like this since beginning. Very frustrating. How to fix this? (iPhone X, iOS 13.3.1)

• Visitor
  • Hi. None of the album art is showing. This is happening only on my device, on others my account is fine. It has been like this since beginning. Very frustrating. How to fix this?   (iPhone X, ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [iOS] Lock Screen Control Play/Pause not updating when paused or played.

Plan - PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemIOS 12My Question or IssueAt times, my play/pause control from lock screen will not be updated to what is actually happening. Music is playing and shows the play button which i have to click and ...

• Regular
  • Plan -  Premium Country USA Device iPhone Xs Operating System IOS 12 My Question or Issue At times, my play/pause control from lock screen will not be updated to what is actually happen...
  • alexkorn
  • Regular
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes

Music stops playing on Sonos when starting Spotify app on iOs device

CountryNetherlandsDeviceiPhone XR, iPad (2017)Operating SystemiOs 12.2 My Question or IssueRegularly (but not always) the music playing from Spotify on my Sonos speakers (through Spotify Connect) stops playing when I open the Spotify app on my iOs de...

• Casual Listener
  • Country Netherlands Device iPhone XR, iPad (2017) Operating System iOs 12.2   My Question or Issue Regularly (but not always) the music playing from Spotify on my Sonos speakers (through...
  • 420spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! iOS Spotify new design

Hello.My phone is iPhone 6S and the iOS version is latest version 13.3.1 . I saw new changes in the app's interface.Although my application is up to date, I cannot see a change.My app version is 8.5.48.1021.Please help me

• Hello.My phone is iPhone 6S and the iOS version is latest version 13.3.1 . I saw new changes in the app's interface.Although my application is up to date, I cannot see a change.My app version is...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing Device

When changing device while playing a playlist in Shuffle mode the list resets and so tracks that have already played play again. Should this be the case? I think not. It should just transfer and continue playing as if I hadn’t changed device. Please ...

• Gig Goer
  • When changing device while playing a playlist in Shuffle mode the list resets and so tracks that have already played play again.  Should this be the case? I think not. It should just transfer a...
  • PrettyMuchSwiss
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Files are invisible, but I can listen to them still

This is a kind of weird one. So I have all my files on my laptop downloaded on my phone and it's all good. However, I noticed that for one of the albums I downloaded, only two songs were appearing. I pressed shuffle play on the album, and songs other...

• Visitor
  • This is a kind of weird one. So I have all my files on my laptop downloaded on my phone and it's all good. However, I noticed that for one of the albums I downloaded, only two songs were appearing. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Disappearing from Spotify

So I have the Spotify app on my iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.3 and I was having problems syncing some local files to my phone when I first installed the app. I found a workaround by changing the artist or song names of the files slightly in order to get them to ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have the Spotify app on my iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.3 and I was having problems syncing some local files to my phone when I first installed the app. I found a workaround by changing the artist or song n...
  • DragonWarrior20
  • Visitor
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Student Discount payement in app

PlanPremium (Student)CountrySwitzerlandDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueHey!I had a question, because I got a gift card in the Apple App Store, and I wanted to know if it was possible to pay the Student subscription with the ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium (Student) Country Switzerland Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Hey! I had a question, because I got a gift card in the Apple App Store, and...
  • Xenia
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • in app payement
    iOS
    Payement
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Imported song not showing up on Iphone

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceIPHONE XS MAXOperating SystemIOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueI imported a song on my laptop to a downloaded playlist. Seems to not show up on my Iphone. Everything is at its latest version. SO what's the issue?

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device IPHONE XS MAX Operating System IOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue I imported a song on my laptop to a downloaded playlist. Seems to not show up on my Iph...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile Username

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUS Device(iPhone X)Operating System My Question or IssueI'm new to the community so i'm sure this question and answer is out there somewhere....I just don't have time to keep searching. Why is it not possible to change our us...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family Country US     Device (iPhone X) Operating System   My Question or Issue I'm new to the community so i'm sure this question and answer is out there somew...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle Icon on Iphone IOS 13.3.1

Premium Familyakd1961Was using Spotify at the weekend the shuffle button was there, now it disappeared, browsed the post but nothing is working

• Premium Family akd1961 Was using Spotify at the weekend the shuffle button was there, now it disappeared, browsed the post but nothing is working
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Audi Metadeta Transition

I recently transitioned from a 2016 to 2018 Audi A4. On my 2016 Audi, I could easily link up my iPhone to Bluetooth and play Spotify through the car. On the screen, it would display the artist, track, run time, album, etc. On the new 2018 Audi, it do...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently transitioned from a 2016 to 2018 Audi A4.   On my 2016 Audi, I could easily link up my iPhone to Bluetooth and play Spotify through the car. On the screen, it would display the arti...
  • mschinis1
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • audi
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! [iOS] UI controls missing after Canvas video

Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13 My Question or Issue I encountered a reproducable UI bug that causes the controls for play/pause controls to disapear for songs without a canvas video. To reproduce just play a son...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue I encountered a reproducable UI bug that causes the controls for play/pause contr...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • iOS
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes