Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files not downloading to iPad or iPhone

Plan PremiumDevice iPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 11.4, Windows 10 hi,I wanted to add a new song (local file from windows 10 desktop) to my playlists in my other devices. I did as usual and the song played on my iPhone (but neither on my iPad or on the ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 11.4, Windows 10   hi, I wanted to add a new song (local file from windows 10 desktop) to my playlists in my other devices. I...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS11
    windows10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution cancel spotify & switch – connect STILL broken!!!

as many i the community have found, spotify connect still does not work properly. numerous people have all had the same issue, and have done all the testing to prove that this is a spotify bug and NOT an external hardware or setup issue. see the thre...

• Regular
  •   as many i the community have found, spotify connect still does not work properly. numerous people have all had the same issue, and have done all the testing to prove that this is a spotify bu...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution deleting albums that come with "albums" in "your library"

when i remove an album using my desktp pc it is mnot reflected when i go to my iphone 6s - they remain removed when i use my iphone6s

• Casual Listener
  • when i remove an album using my desktp pc it is mnot reflected when i go to my iphone 6s  - they remain removed when i use my iphone6s
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won’t play podcasts

I am unable to play or download podcasts on my device. When I click the podcast to play it comes up on the playbar, but it doesn’t stream. If I try to download the podcast, the progress wheel spins as if it’s downloading, but it won’t download. PlanP...

• I am unable to play or download podcasts on my device. When I click the podcast to play it comes up on the playbar, but it doesn’t stream. If I try to download the podcast, the progress wheel spins a...
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify breaks my Bluetooth audio connection to car kit

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDevice(iPhone 8Operating System(iOS 11/12 My Question or IssueSpotify says it is playing on another device and then stops audio out via Bluetooth to the car. The Bluetooth connection remains and I can skip songs via the ca...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Australia Device (iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 11/12   My Question or Issue Spotify says it is playing on another device and then stops audio out v...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution problem with songs

PlanFreeCountry FranceDevicelenovoOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have a problem with some songs, in fact they are wrong. For example, I have the live version in Ellen Degeneres show of goosebumps : Travis Scott. Anyone can help me ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  France Device lenovo Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have a problem with some songs, in fact they are wrong. For example, I have the ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay won't stop even when turned off

Premium, USA, iphone 7, latest OS. Also on a Windows 10 PC, also on an iMac. This has been an issue for months now. I have always had autoplay turned off in my account. I've checked the settings on every platform I use it on. I only listen to albums,...

• Gig Goer
  • Premium, USA, iphone 7, latest OS. Also on a Windows 10 PC, also on an iMac.   This has been an issue for months now. I have always had autoplay turned off in my account. I've checked the sett...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 21 likes

Superuser Contribution Not all recently added songs in a playlist showing on web player and desktop app

I mainly listen to music on the iphone app. There i listen to some playlists i follow. On the web player and on the desktop player, the playlist content is different/the playlists don't always contain the most recently added songs. But it's not a rul...

• Regular
  • I mainly listen to music on the iphone app. There i listen to some playlists i follow. On the web player and on the desktop player, the playlist content is different/the playlists don't always contai...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playlist content
    songs not showing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Corrupted piece of music

PlanPremiumCountryMexico DeviceiPhone 5s and 8Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue Since I upgraded both of my devices this piece (https://open.spotify.com/track/7Fg29ArClctZi7CkKbd0od?si=zWhcDyCUSaCQ-KIkMfoyVQ) sounds like the file has been c...

• Plan Premium Country Mexico  Device iPhone 5s and 8 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  Since I upgraded both of my devices this piece (https://open.spotify.com/t...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Sync Mac Local Files to my iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceMacBook Air, iPhone 6Operating SystemMacOS High Sierra and iOS 11 My Question or Issue I have some local files in iTunes on my Mac in Playlists in Spotify and they first weren't appearing on my iPhone, but then I ena...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia   Device MacBook Air, iPhone 6 Operating System MacOS High Sierra and iOS 11   My Question or Issue  I have some local files in iTunes on my M...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Daily Mixes disappeared

Plan: PremiumCountry: FinlandDevice: iPhone 6Operating System: iOS 12Daily mixes disappeared. The menu item is there, but no lists - applies to both iOS and web player. Have tried logging out and back in, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling iOS ...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: Finland Device: iPhone 6 Operating System: iOS 12 Daily mixes disappeared. The menu item is there, but no lists - applies to both iOS and web player. ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone won't sync/download local files

I don't know if this was the right place to post this question, but I am having issues with getting local files from my pc to sync and download to my iPhone. I did all the steps required to get it to download. And I've gotten it to the point where th...

• Casual Listener
  •   I don't know if this was the right place to post this question, but I am having issues with getting local files from my pc to sync and download to my iPhone. I did all the steps required to g...
  • Dylan99
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix shifting songs around on mobile (and desktop) version Custom playlists

PlanPremium - FamilyCountry USADeviceiPhone 7 & DesktopOperating SystemiOS 12 & Windows 10My Question or Issue I can't move songs around quickly on mobile and pc and it is terribly frustrating when I try moving a song on mobile and my finger slips of...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium - Family Country  USA Device iPhone 7 & Desktop Operating System iOS 12 & Windows 10 My Question or Issue  I can't move songs around quickly on mobile ...
  • FBaroni
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem with Redmi Note 4 in iOS

Hello. I have a premium family account in the U.S.. When my iPhone was recently updated to the newest iOS 12.0, my Spotify stopped working properly in my car. There is a device shown as "Redmi Note 4" and it keep stopping playing in my car and trying...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I have a premium family account in the U.S.. When my iPhone was recently updated to the newest iOS 12.0, my Spotify stopped working properly in my car. There is a device shown as "Redmi Note 4...
  • andrewerman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues downloading podcasts

Premium subscriberCountry: Canada DeviceIphone xsOperating System(iOS 12 My Question or Issue My Spotify will now not download podcasts to my device. It will download songs, just not podcasts. I’ve tried restarting my device and reinstalling the app ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium subscriber Country: Canada   Device Iphone xs Operating System (iOS 12   My Question or Issue   My Spotify will now not download podcasts to my device. It wil...
  • bimmerboy85
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes

Can’t change order of songs in queue

PlanPremiumCountry EnglandDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 11.4.1 My Question or IssueWhen I shuffle a playlist I change the order that the songs play in and the first one plays but the rest just play in the order the songs were in before. I’ve tri...

• Plan Premium Country  England Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 11.4.1   My Question or Issue When I shuffle a playlist I change the order that the songs play in and the first...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • queue
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Apple watch series 3

My Question Is it possible to use spotify on apple wacth without cell phone with it?example during running.Obviously having previously loaded the playlists. PlanPremiumCountryItaly Device(Apple watch series 3, iphone 7plus)Operating System(wacthos 4,...

•    My Question  Is it possible to use spotify on apple wacth without cell phone with it? example during running. Obviously having previously loaded the playlists.  Plan Prem...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Deleted tracks still play

I have searched the forums here and have not come up with a satisfactory answer to this question. Tunes I have deleted from my playlist continue to play. I’ve double checked my playlist and they have been deleted. The only responses I’ve seen on the ...

• Music Fan
  •  I have searched the forums here and have not come up with a satisfactory answer to this question. Tunes I have deleted from my playlist continue to play. I’ve double checked my playlist and the...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot rearrange songs to play next on shuffled playlists.

My Question or Issue - Can’t rearrange songs that are scheduled to play next.PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS X) My Question or IssueSpotify won’t let me rearrange songs that are in the “Up Next: Playlist” area. Typically, be...

• My Question or Issue   - Can’t rearrange songs that are scheduled to play next. Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS X)   My Question or Issue Spotif...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • broke
    bug
    queue
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes