Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify crashing when using search.

Updated Spotify recently.Keeps crashing (flickers then disappears) anytime I search for artist or track.Any ideas/solutions ?

• Casual Listener
  • Updated Spotify recently. Keeps crashing (flickers then disappears) anytime I search for artist or track. Any ideas/solutions ?
  • gibolopolous
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Apps Freezing after updated.

I am so annyoing Spotify is keep freezing and self-killled in certain point after I updated it today.It doesn't have problem when I simply play the music, but it constantly self-killed when I tried to check artist page. I tried every possible solutio...

• Casual Listener
  • I am so annyoing Spotify is keep freezing and self-killled in certain point after I updated it today. It doesn't have problem when I simply play the music, but it constantly self-killed when I tried...
  • hundang1060
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't go to other artists

So I was listening to Pink Floyd and wanted to follow them and every time I tap on they're profile pic or any other artists profile my music stops and my app crashes can anyone help me with this

• So I was listening to Pink Floyd and wanted to follow them and every time I tap on they're profile pic or any other artists profile my music stops and my app crashes can anyone help me with this
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS problem

Every time I search for an artist and tap on the artist, the app disappears. Doesn't crash. Just disappears. Extremely frustrating.

• Regular
  • Every time I search for an artist and tap on the artist, the app disappears. Doesn't crash. Just disappears. Extremely frustrating.
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

View Artist crashes app

When I use View Artist the app crashes, constantly. Updated to iOS 10.3.3. Have iPhone 6.

• Music Fan
  • When I use View Artist the app crashes, constantly. Updated to iOS 10.3.3. Have iPhone 6.
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone SE issue

Hello everyone. I use Spotify Premium on my iPhone for last two months. Everything was great but today app has started to shutdown when i want to see artist profile. Could somebody help me?

• Hello everyone. I use Spotify Premium on my iPhone for last two months. Everything was great but today app has started to shutdown when i want to see artist profile. Could somebody help me? 😞
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS is crashing when viewing artists

Every time I try to "view artist" or go to the "my artists" page and choose one the app crashes. I have tried restarting my phone and have reinstalled the app and nothing works. I can still listen to songs, but this really reduces functionality.

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I try to "view artist" or go to the "my artists" page and choose one the app crashes. I have tried restarting my phone and have reinstalled the app and nothing works. I can still listen to...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Crashes shuts down when I search a artist

Hi when I search a artist on Spotify . With the new update my device shuts down . It just instantly turns strait off on my I pod touch series 6 and my I phone 6s plus. I have the latest update it worked fine earlier today . I can't use my pc as it's ...

• Regular
  • Hi when I search a artist on Spotify . With the new update my device shuts down . It just instantly turns strait off on my I pod touch series 6 and my I phone 6s plus. I have the latest update it wor...
  • Flóki
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App crashes after starting a song

I can open up the app and use the interface without a hitch, but after starting a song, it will play for a few seconds before pausing, then a few seconds later it plays a little bit more before the app crashes. I have tried restarting my phone, unins...

• I can open up the app and use the interface without a hitch, but after starting a song, it will play for a few seconds before pausing, then a few seconds later it plays a little bit more before the a...
  • Rory1983
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't scroll searched song results?

When I do a search for music, I can scroll for a couple of minutes but it then freezes for some reason and the only way to fix it is to restart the iPad!I'm using the free version on iPad.Any help appreciated.

• Regular
  • When I do a search for music, I can scroll for a couple of minutes but it then freezes for some reason and the only way to fix it is to restart the iPad! I'm using the free version on iPad. Any...
  • Sasha7
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashes if I choose "Follow"

Hi, if I want to follow an artist, the Spotify app shuts down. This error starts this morning. Can anybody help me? Thanks, Chris from Bremen

• Hi, if I want to follow an artist, the Spotify app shuts down. This error starts this morning. Can anybody help me? Thanks, Chris from Bremen 🙂
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App se cierra

Cuando estoy reproduciendo una canción y busco otro artista para reproducir la app se detiene y se cierra. Por qué ocurre esto?

• Cuando estoy reproduciendo una canción y busco otro artista para reproducir la app se detiene y se cierra. Por qué ocurre esto?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS App keeps crashing

So this is oddly specific, but whenever I search up an artist and visit their profile, my Spotify App instantly crashes and discontinues my music. I've tried updating the App and then I tired re-installing it, but nothing seems to be working. Is anyo...

• So this is oddly specific, but whenever I search up an artist and visit their profile, my Spotify App instantly crashes and discontinues my music. I've tried updating the App and then I tired re-inst...
  • hezii11
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

imessage

if i share a song with someone who doesn't have spotify on imessages, can they still click on it to see the song?

• if i share a song with someone who doesn't have spotify on imessages, can they still click on it to see the song?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Featured artists are no longer listed on songs after most recent update

In albums or songs on Spotify it would list the artist of the song in gray underneath the song name along with any other featured artists. After the most recent iOS update this is no longer the case and I am unable to see the featured artists on a so...

• In albums or songs on Spotify it would list the artist of the song in gray underneath the song name along with any other featured artists. After the most recent iOS update this is no longer the case ...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Why won't the "singles" section show up?

I just realized this recently, but the section where all of artists singles and EP's is completely gone. I reinstalled, logged in logged out but nothing helps. I provided some screenshots to let you see what time talking about, one of is of their pro...

• Regular
  • I just realized this recently, but the section where all of artists singles and EP's is completely gone. I reinstalled, logged in logged out but nothing helps. I provided some screenshots to let you ...
  • meganh007
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Why wont it work on both phones.

So I have an android phone that I was using with Spotify. Then now I have iPhone 4s. Why when i downloaded all my songs onto my iPhone it still saying you need yo be online to play these songs if I have premium.??? **bleep**.

• Casual Listener
  • So I have an android phone that I was using with Spotify. Then now I have iPhone 4s. Why when i downloaded all my songs onto my iPhone it still saying you need yo be online to play these songs if I h...
  • Smac95
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app using 2.72 GB but I've not downloaded anything

I switched to the Premium version of Spotify about 2 months ago and since then, my app will occasionally gobble up a bunch of storage despite the fact that I have not downloaded any songs. I re-installed the app previously and that worked, but now I ...

• I switched to the Premium version of Spotify about 2 months ago and since then, my app will occasionally gobble up a bunch of storage despite the fact that I have not downloaded any songs. I re-insta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ogrenci premium sorunu

Ogrenci oldugum dogrulandı mailini aldım. Odemeyi tamamlamak icin spotify a geri don yaziyor. Odemeyi nasil yapacagım. Ogrenci olarak seciyorum daha once dogrulandi hatasini aliyorum. Ne yapmam gerek ?

• Ogrenci oldugum dogrulandı mailini aldım. Odemeyi tamamlamak icin spotify a geri don yaziyor. Odemeyi nasil yapacagım. Ogrenci olarak seciyorum daha once dogrulandi hatasini aliyorum. Ne yapmam gerek...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast doesn't continue from where I stopped before

When I listen to my favourite podcast (Fest und Flauschig) and I switch to another playlist to hear a song, and I come back to the podcast to continue listening, it starts again at the beginning. This behavior is new. In the last version it continued...

• Casual Listener
  • When I listen to my favourite podcast (Fest und Flauschig) and I switch to another playlist to hear a song, and I come back to the podcast to continue listening, it starts again at the beginning. Thi...
  • 23nr
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes