Premium is not working on phone

Solved!

Premium is not working on phone

Bobbie
Casual Listener

Since a couple of day's my spotify isn't working on my phone anymore. It's telling me to buy premium which I already have. Help me please!

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hey Bobbie- According to our records your 'bobbeh89' is just fine and your Premium subscription is active. 

Are you definitely logging in with this username 'bobbeh89' username and not your email address? Try logging out and logging back in with that username/ Spotify password. 

View solution in original post

Solution!

Bobbie
Casual Listener

Thnx! I did login with my email address, logging with my username solves it. The quick response is very much appreciated. 

Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

Just wondering if maybe you logged in with the wrong details - do you see a payment history here? If not, try logging out and back in , making sure you use the correct credentials (facebook login or a spotify username - only one of these will be right).

You mentioned that the last payment was on 10 March so another payment should have been made yesterday.

If none of this helps, you can get in touch with the account team hereIf you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Solution!

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Lukestnford01

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

You can login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

and also check your receipts here:
osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Solution!

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @iggy01

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24

529 Replies

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @Daj-1993

Log into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account.

osorniosRock Star 24

user-removed
Not applicable

I pay Premium every month and when Im travelling is not working, but my friend's is. What is wrong with mine. ?

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@user-removed

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In them, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

You can login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

and also check your receipts here:

If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.
osorniosRock Star 24

Kai15
Hi, my spotify premium is not working on my phone but I already paid for it few days ago

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @Kai15,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription, and your receipts. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24

user-removed
Not applicable

All of that was already on the app. What is wrong with it?

user-removed
Not applicable
All that was already done. Username was the same that you are seeing, mari1079.

I dont know what is wrong.

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@user-removed

If your subscription page says you're Premium, you should be good to go.

So what does it do that it's not working?

osorniosRock Star 24

Williektf
Casual Listener

Having a nightmare with Spotify. I have premuim. On my samsung it says 'Unfortunatly Spotify has stopped' it's giving me option of 'report' and 'ok'

It hasn't loaded for weeks! I sent a report and an e mail still not working, It's asking me on my laptop to upgrade to premium and already on that.

Someone please help me with this. It's an absolute joke if it doesn't get sorted soon i am cancelling my service. I am not paying £10 a month for something i can't use.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Williektf 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaRock Star 24

GraceS

Okay so I'm confused. I understand the spotify free trial only works 2 days on the phone, but 30 on the computer. I used my free trial on my phone and am ready to pay for premium but do I have to wait 30 days till the "free trial" for my computer is done for the actual premium to be activated on my phone?

Thanks!

Joe
Community Legend

Nope, just go ahead and upgrade to premium.

@GraceS wrote:

Okay so I'm confused. I understand the spotify free trial only works 2 days on the phone, but 30 on the computer. I used my free trial on my phone and am ready to pay for premium but do I have to wait 30 days till the "free trial" for my computer is done for the actual premium to be activated on my phone?

Thanks!

gustavoalauria

Hi,

I aplied for the premiums service today, Then I got the confirmation with an user id number but without password.

In my profile it says I have a premium account, but it does't work on my phone.

I used to used my facebook email and pass to log in.

And I don't have another user and password.

What should i do?

Thanks.

nicolehelp

I am also having problems on my phone. I've been trying to login with facebook using my email account, restarted it, upgraded, etc. I looked up my username and its a long number -1221195288. Please help!

carleewilliams

Hi spotify is not working on my android and I did just purchase the premium. I restarted my phone, redownloaded the app, updated the app, tried to sign in with everything.

Solly
Thanks. Worked for me too.

tant_julia
Casual Listener

Hi,

My Premium account is not accessible on my iPhone nor on the PC. I can login with the Facebook account but this is not connected to my Premium for some reason.

Sam
Spotify
Spotify
Tant_julia - Not to worry, just log in with the username 'juliajernberg' and your Spotify password. You should then access your Premium.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Trip17

I just got spotify premium and I can not access it on my phone. 

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey guys! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you are having issues getting premium recognised on your devices, I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

rb06

Sorry if I'm the 90th person to post about this.  Just upgraded to premium via the 30d trial.  Login via email and it says I don't have premium (can't use offline mode or on my iphone 5).  Tried to login via my username (which inexplicably is a bunch of numbers) and it says login failed.  Thoughts?

SUGGESTED POSTS