Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't play my downloaded music, how do I fix it

I have tried loging in on other devices, reseting the app, reinstalling it, allowing premissions, reinstalling all of my songs and playlists but nothing works

• Visitor
  • I have tried loging in on other devices, reseting the app, reinstalling it, allowing premissions, reinstalling all of my songs and playlists but nothing works
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution how do I search in playlists for all the songs where a singer appears?

When I want to search in my playlist for all the songs where a singer appears, it only gives me the songs where he is the first singer, but not where he is second, third, etc. For example: if I want to search for Maria Becerra in my playlist, songs s...

• Visitor
  • When I want to search in my playlist for all the songs where a singer appears, it only gives me the songs where he is the first singer, but not where he is second, third, etc. For example: if I wan...
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading Playlist - stuck at 99%

Hi. I'm trying to download a playlist to my phone (galaxy s3 mini, android 4.1), but it gets stuck at 99%. I have read other posts related to this matter, did almost everything people say that helped: - Cleaned Cache - Erased data on SD card - Uninst...

• Hi.   I'm trying to download a playlist to my phone (galaxy s3 mini, android 4.1), but it gets stuck at 99%. I have read other posts related to this matter, did almost everything people say ...
  • redhotpitshifte
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New songs added to a playlist won't download.

When I add new songs to a downloaded playlist the new songs won't download. The only way is to remove and download entire playlist again.

• Visitor
  • When I add new songs to a downloaded playlist the new songs won't download. The only way is to remove and download entire playlist again.
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

WiFi Sync causing phone to crash

Hello, I have a Motorola Atrix 4G (MB860), Running CyanogenMod7, android ver 2.3.7. (rooted obviously) My problem im having is with the wifi sync for spotifiy. I have two android devices, an ASUS Transformer Tablet, and my mobile phone (MB860). When ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I have a Motorola Atrix 4G (MB860),  Running CyanogenMod7, android ver 2.3.7.  (rooted obviously)   My problem im having is with the wifi sync for spotifiy. I have tw...
  • danieljake
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Headphones on android

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceGALAXY S10 PLUSOperating SystemANDROID 9 My Question or IssueWith any headphones both wired and bluetooth. If I press play on the headphone controls it automatically starts playing a song from the spotify app even though t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device GALAXY S10 PLUS Operating System ANDROID 9   My Question or Issue With any headphones both wired and bluetooth. If I press play on the headphone...
  • AAKboss
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • headphones
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Whenever I'm in offline mode and close the app. It shows a different song

When I pause and close the app in offline mode it and reopen it. It shows a different song that the last song I was playing in the album or playlist. I only started having this problem with the new update.

• Casual Listener
  • When I pause and close the app in offline mode it and reopen it. It shows a different song that the last song I was playing in the album or playlist. I only started having this problem with the new u...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does nothing happens whenever I press the like button on the app?

Whenever I try to like any song on the app (Android) nothing happens. I tried to do it on my computer and everything went fine, but I can't find the issue on my phone (Huawei P30 lite).

• Visitor
  • Whenever I try to like any song on the app (Android) nothing happens. I tried to do it on my computer and everything went fine, but I can't find the issue on my phone (Huawei P30 lite).
  • BabyEcho0_YT_SP
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can't log in using android app

I can't login using my Samsung android device. it just says that something went wrong

• Casual Listener
  • I can't login using my Samsung android device. it just says that something went wrong
  • Vasil
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Stop Spotify from tracking out of app activity

In a resent update with my phone (Samsung), it stated that Spotify would be able to track my out-of-app activity for better music recommendations. I don't want this service, and the Spotify setting do not allow for restricting this. (I am not referri...

• In a resent update with my phone (Samsung), it stated that Spotify would be able to track my out-of-app activity for better music recommendations. I don't want this service, and the Spotify setting d...
  • kaworu_bloodpaw
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Smart shuffle?

Hi, I could swear that I got the smart shuffle feature in my app a month ago or so but when I check today, it isn't there anymore?

• Visitor
  • Hi, I could swear that I got the smart shuffle feature in my app a month ago or so but when I check today, it isn't there anymore?
  • Nordica
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Playback Issue on ColorOS 13

Plan PremiumDevice Oppo Reno 8Z 5GOperating System ColorOS 13, Android 13 My Question or IssueAfter updating to ColorOS 13, everytime I switch apps, the Spotify app pauses for 3-5secs then plays again. It also happens when I lock and unlock the scree...

• Plan Premium Device Oppo Reno 8Z 5G Operating System ColorOS 13, Android 13   My Question or Issue After updating to ColorOS 13, everytime I switch apps, the Spotify app paus...
  • amanda456
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Pixel Buds only pauses for 1 second

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceGoogle Pixel 7 Pro + Google Pixel Buds ProOperating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueIf I launch my music through the phone (e.g. open Spotify app and push play) then the pause / play touch control on the buds works.Howev...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Google Pixel 7 Pro + Google Pixel Buds Pro Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue If I launch my music through the phone (e.g. open ...
  • MissedAlarm-LostJob
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The volume on Spotify on my phone shows that it's up all the way but is low

Even though the volume level is at the highest level, it is still quiet. Volume is the same at the top levels. This only happens while in the Spotify app.

• Casual Listener
  • Even though the volume level is at the highest level, it is still quiet. Volume is the same at the top levels. This only happens while in the Spotify app.
  • MihailY
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music interrupted by notification/ring

Listening to music on Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.1, the music is always being interrupted by the notification sounds, like when I get a text. I cannot find the a setting that will stop this from happening, apart from getting ...

• Visitor
  •          Listening to music on Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.1, the music is always being interrupted by the notification sounds, like when I get a te...
  • TalonZA
  • 42 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 42 replies
  • 9 likes