Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics won't show due to "About the Artist" info showing instead

With the latest update, artist information takes the place of lyrics for some artists. Considering there already is a way to see artist information, but no other way to see lyrics, this chage doesn't seem like it was thought through.

• Gig Goer
  • With the latest update, artist information takes the place of lyrics for some artists. Considering there already is a way to see artist information, but no other way to see lyrics, this chage doesn't...
  • PurpleLove
  • Regular
  • 77 replies
  • 38 likes
  • about the artist
    lyrics
  • 77 replies
  • 38 likes

My Spotify has started stopping after 1, 2 or ecen a few songs it wont play through my playlists.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Time bar not working properly

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceGalaxy s20 ultra Operating SystemAnsroid 13 My Question or IssueThe time bar does not work properly, the music is playing but has no time or time progress. On my car, the infotainment does not recognise that is play something...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Galaxy s20 ultra  Operating System Ansroid 13   My Question or Issue The time bar does not work properly, the music is playing but has no time o...
  • kkml
  • Visitor
  • 65 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 4 likes

Why aren't Podcasts playing the full runtime as advertised?

I've noticed that certain podcasts will have a advertised runtime of over 2 hours, but as soon as I hit play, it shortens to an hour or less. This is on a premium family membership.

• I've noticed that certain podcasts will have a advertised runtime of over 2 hours, but as soon as I hit play, it shortens to an hour or less. This is on a premium family membership.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to undo hidden songs on Android?

I accidentally pressed hide this song while I was playing the song

• Visitor
  • I accidentally pressed hide this song while I was playing the song
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App for Android TV doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePhilips Full HD Android TVOperating SystemAndroid TV My Question or IssueThe Spotify app for Android TV is not working. Songs play for 8 seconds without sound and then skip to the next song, again without sound. Other...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Philips Full HD Android TV Operating System Android TV   My Question or Issue The Spotify app for Android TV is not working. Songs play for 8 seco...
  • Andrius92
  • 111 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 111 replies
  • 11 likes

Podcast episode displays the wrong time and will not play the full episode

An episode of a podcast I'm attempting to listen to is supposed to be 27 minutes long. However, when I play the episode the time display only shows 11:27 minutes. It will not play past this time, despite it being in the middle of the episode. I am on...

• Visitor
  • An episode of a podcast I'm attempting to listen to is supposed to be 27 minutes long. However, when I play the episode the time display only shows 11:27 minutes. It will not play past this time, des...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why is there no Driving Mode view in Android like there is for iPhone?

I have just switched from iPhone to a Samsung and cannot believe how unsafe the Spotify app is in the car. The navigation buttons are small, the widget is tiny and unadjustable, and in the settings of the app there is no option to enable a car mode t...

• Regular
  • I have just switched from iPhone to a Samsung and cannot believe how unsafe the Spotify app is in the car. The navigation buttons are small, the widget is tiny and unadjustable, and in the settings o...
  • edvinnilsson
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

por qué no puedo acceder a mis playlist descargadas tráves del modo offline

no puedo acceder a ninguna playlist ni canción a través del modo offline de mi Galaxy Watch Active, ni si quiera me aparece el "Escuchado recientemente" solo me muestra "Buscar" y "Preferencias" en la app. Tengo la cuenta premium y está todo actualiz...

• Visitor
  • no puedo acceder a ninguna playlist ni canción a través del modo offline de mi Galaxy Watch Active, ni si quiera me aparece el "Escuchado recientemente" solo me muestra "Buscar" y "Preferencias" en l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No me aparecen todos mis me gusta en un dispositivo y en otro si

Solo me aparecen 206 canciones en mi me gusta cuando tengo 795 canciones en un dispositivo si tengo todas que es ios pero en otro no que es Android

• Visitor
  • Solo me aparecen 206 canciones en mi me gusta cuando tengo 795 canciones en un dispositivo si tengo todas que es ios pero en otro no que es Android
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music that is queued disappears when connecting to car radio with Bluetooth

Recently anytime I have music queued up from a playlist or radio and connect to my car radio with Bluetooth, the queue just disappears. The banner at the bottom of the mobile app goes away and I can't get back to the song I was listening to if I had ...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently anytime I have music queued up from a playlist or radio and connect to my car radio with Bluetooth, the queue just disappears. The banner at the bottom of the mobile app goes away and I can'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Jam session

Cant join each other's jam session invites tried send through various methods no luch

• Visitor
  • Cant join each other's jam session invites tried send through various methods no luch
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Your episodes: wrong number of downloads

In the following thread claims that the issue is resolved in the newest version.But I am still experiencing it and have checked that I am on the latest version available in the play store.Apparently it only got fixed on the IOS Version.https://commun...

• Casual Listener
  • In the following thread claims that the issue is resolved in the newest version. But I am still experiencing it and have checked that I am on the latest version available in the play store. Apparen...
  • NPRnewsdownloadissue
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Limit listening time

Hello,I have a daughter who unfortunately listens to a lot of radio plays via her family account in the Spotify app. I would like to help her limit this. There is the possibility to limit the usage time of apps with Familylink or an app like the 'app...

• Hello, I have a daughter who unfortunately listens to a lot of radio plays via her family account in the Spotify app. I would like to help her limit this. There is the possibility to limit the usage...
  • Ebic
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Performance issues samsung galaxy s20 FE.

The app is REALLY slow whenever i try to search for songs, change songs and so on. Have tried to clear cache and data, deleted alot of playlists and downloaded songs and redownloading the app but nothing works. Please help me

• Visitor
  • The app is REALLY slow whenever i try to search for songs, change songs and so on. Have tried to clear cache and data, deleted alot of playlists and downloaded songs and redownloading the app but no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Everytime an artist releases a new song it gets added to my 'liked songs'

PlanFreeCountryRomaniaDeviceSamsung Galaxy A71Operating SystemAndroid 13 Issue:So, a long time ago I presaved a song from the artist Martin Garrix. Ever since then, for the past couple of years, his new singles have been automatically added to my Lik...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Romania Device Samsung Galaxy A71 Operating System Android 13   Issue: So, a long time ago I presaved a song from the artist Martin Garrix. Ever since then, for the p...
  • y_o_s_h_i_l_o_g
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't add a song to my local files playlist.

I'm attempting to add a song to my local files playlist. I have local files enabled, and using the mobile app on android. Only one song is in my local files playlist, but it's not the song I'm trying to add. The song I'm trying to add is a song mashu...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm attempting to add a song to my local files playlist. I have local files enabled, and using the mobile app on android. Only one song is in my local files playlist, but it's not the song I'm trying...
  • UnknownCop
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs stop 5 second at the end of a song when using crossfade :(

(Sorry for bad english...)I always used crossfade and there isnt a problem with that but recently, everytime i put songs in my queue the songs randomly stops when its almost finished (like 5 seconds?) And then it goes to the next song, after i click ...

• Visitor
  • (Sorry for bad english...) I always used crossfade and there isnt a problem with that but recently, everytime i put songs in my queue the songs randomly stops when its almost finished (like 5 second...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes