Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Playlist plays offline then tracks grey out later

I can play a certain playlist offline perfectly when I first connect my ITouch to Spotify in my car when I leave home. Recently, though, when I try to reconnect in my car later, only certain songs on the list are "active." The rest are greyed out. Th...

• Regular
  • I can play a certain playlist offline perfectly when I first connect my ITouch to Spotify in my car when I leave home. Recently, though, when I try to reconnect in my car later, only certain songs on...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

no me sirve offline

me instalo premium por 2 vez, la primera vez me funciono perfecto. ahora que me lo vuelvo a descargar no de sincroniza ni la mitad de mis canciones y no puedo escuchar offline.

• me instalo premium por 2 vez, la primera vez me funciono perfecto. ahora que me lo vuelvo a descargar no de sincroniza ni la mitad de mis canciones y no puedo escuchar offline.
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone wont sync with computer

Ive tried syncing my iphone to my computer to download some local files but my phone doesnt show up when I go to devices. Ive tried restarting spotify on both the computer and the phone and disconnecting them both from wifi and reconnecting them agai...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive tried syncing my iphone to my computer to download some local files but my phone doesnt show up when I go to devices. Ive tried restarting spotify on both the computer and the phone and disconnec...
  • chiefmorningwud
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving premade playlist to personal playlist for Sonos?

Hi, Still extremely frustrated with the lack of integration between spotify and sonos where when within the sonos app cannot browse all the premade playlists and such when in the psotify app...regardless...to get around this problem i know the best t...

• Hi, Still extremely frustrated with the lack of integration between spotify and sonos where when within the sonos app cannot browse all the premade playlists and such when in the psotify app...rega...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline troubleshoot

For some unapparent reason the new music I add to my playlist are not downloading to offline mode and frankly it is quite aggravating not being able to use my playlist.I attempted undownloading and reloading it again but then it stopped halfway throu...

• For some unapparent reason the new music I add to my playlist are not downloading to offline mode and frankly it is quite aggravating not being able to use my playlist. I attempted undownloading a...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working at all on iPhone4

My spotify is working fine on my laptop and ipad, but I can't seem to get any connection on my iphone which is what I primarily use to stream while I drive! My internet connection is fine, my artists dont load, i get erros when I search for artists, ...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify is working fine on my laptop and ipad, but I can't seem to get any connection on my iphone which is what I primarily use to stream while I drive! My internet connection is fine, my ar...
  • jharris2112
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

afspeellijsten

Ik kan sommige speellijsten in Spotify niet beluisteren. Boven in het scherm komt de opmerking: de indeling van het bestand wordt niet ondersteund Wat is er fout?

• Ik kan sommige speellijsten in Spotify niet beluisteren. Boven in het scherm komt de opmerking: de indeling van het bestand wordt niet ondersteund   Wat is er fout?
  • suus338
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

updated account info on Windows computer, will not log in on Ipad

I just updated my account on my Windows 7 machine. Reset my password successfully, logged in, put a credit card on the account, registered for a free month of Spotify Premium. No problems. However, I cannot log in to my account on my Ipad. Same usern...

• I just updated my account on my Windows 7 machine. Reset my password successfully, logged in, put a credit card on the account, registered for a free month of Spotify Premium. No problems.  H...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to display a list of tracks?

How to display a list of tracks? I can only find the way to choose between "Albums" or "Singles", but I can't find an option to display just a list of all tracks for an artist!?

• How to display a list of tracks?   I can only find the way to choose between "Albums" or "Singles", but I can't find an option to display just a list of all tracks for an artist!?
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

7 day free trial

I didn't get the chance to try the 7 days free premium and I really want to try it before I spend money on it.

• I didn't get the chance to try the 7 days free premium and I really want to try it before I spend money on it.
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Find Song

I really like a song called The Nights by Avicii.I can't find it anywhere on spotify. But there are other Avicii songs...?

• I really like a song called The Nights by Avicii. I can't find it anywhere on spotify. But there are other Avicii songs...?
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Free via Apple TV on Screen (through iPad)

Hi Everyone, in the web I only found pretty old articles and stuff about streaming spotify on screen via Apple TV. Is it possible to do so with the free version of spotify? My father uses this one and we don't want to upgrade yet, but net information...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Everyone,   in the web I only found pretty old articles and stuff about streaming spotify on screen via Apple TV. Is it possible to do so with the free version of spotify? My father use...
  • arthurvasey
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 2.0.0

What's new in this version (2.0.0) New: We’re friends with BMW ConnectedDrive and MINI Connected vehicles. Connect your iOS device by USB to find Your Music, Browse and Radio in your car’s Multimedia menu..

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg
  • Spotify Legend
  •   What's new in this version (2.0.0) New: We’re friends with BMW ConnectedDrive and MINI Connected vehicles. Connect your iOS device by USB to find Your Music, Browse a...
  • Manu244
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Hi! I signed up for spotify premium student and it isn't working. HELP!

Hi! I recently paid with paypal for student spotify, through my facebook, and it hasn't updated still. I tried to do it again, because I thought maybe the payment didn't go through, but it still isn't working! Can someone please help me!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I recently paid with paypal for student spotify, through my facebook, and it hasn't updated still. I tried to do it again, because I thought maybe the payment didn't go through, but it still isn'...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing activity sidebar?!

On my Spotify app I only have the search, browse, radio, your music and settings menu tabs. I understand there should be an "activity" one in there, yet nothing's showing.My software is up to date, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and on my d...

• On my Spotify app I only have the search, browse, radio, your music and settings menu tabs. I understand there should be an "activity" one in there, yet nothing's showing. My software is up to dat...
  • estefan3112
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.9.0

What's new in this version (1.9.0) New: Our new look is now on iPad. Hope you like black! New: Your Music is on iPad. Fictitious: This app can now speak cat, dog and horse. You can read more about this release on our blog. Behold:

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg iOS 1.9.0 iOS 1.9.0 (2)
  • Spotify Legend
  •   What's new in this version (1.9.0) New: Our new look is now on iPad. Hope you like black! New: Your Music is on iPad. Fictitious: This app can now speak cat, dog and horse. You...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 28 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
  • 28 replies
  • 1 likes

Vodafone, iPhone 6 upgrade, premium

I just upgraded to the iPhone 6 through Vodafone. I opted for the 6 months premium Spotify for free. Followed the link and downloaded the app onto my phone (I was already a free memeber and had the app on my laptop). Everything was great for the firs...

• Visitor
  • I just upgraded to the iPhone 6 through Vodafone. I opted for the 6 months premium Spotify for free. Followed the link and downloaded the app onto my phone (I was already a free memeber and had ...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot log in with facebook account

Hoping someone can help; I haven't seen a recent post on this so I don't know if it's a new issue or what. I have been a previous premium user, deactivated my account and have come back. The app on my iPod wasn't syncing offline content so I logged o...

• Hoping someone can help; I haven't seen a recent post on this so I don't know if it's a new issue or what.   I have been a previous premium user, deactivated my account and have come back. T...
  • Jc312
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Audi - have to reload Spotify every time

Hi there I used to have a Golf and every time I got in my car, Spotify would start to play. Sometimes, when I got back in the vehicle after an extended time, it would say no media then I usually just flicked from the radio to media and boom - it star...

• Hi there   I used to have a Golf and every time I got in my car, Spotify would start to play. Sometimes, when I got back in the vehicle after an extended time, it would say no media then &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • audi
    iphone 6 plus
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Discover tab gone

Since the latest iOS update, I'm missing the discover tab on my iPhone. Any reason for that ? Any fix available?Jo

• Gig Goer
  • Since the latest iOS update, I'm missing the discover tab on my iPhone. Any reason for that ? Any fix available? Jo
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes