Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Premium account not working

My premium account is not working. It's keeps saying I need a premium account but I have. How can this be sorted????

• Casual Listener
  • My premium account is not working. It's keeps saying I need a premium account but I have. How can this be sorted????
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Same problem

Mine is doing the same- keeps saying I have to upgrade but I already did. What do I do?

• Mine is doing the same- keeps saying I have to upgrade but I already did. What do I do?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs in Offline playlists won't play

I have an iPhone 5, everything is fully updated and I have this problem with my Offline playlists. They all say they're downloaded fine but when I go to listen to some of the songs it will open up but the playback bar on the bottom doesn't have a tim...

• I have an iPhone 5, everything is fully updated and I have this problem with my Offline playlists. They all say they're downloaded fine but when I go to listen to some of the songs it will open up bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files get Spotify IOS app to crash when trying to play

Description Spotify IOS app crashes when trying to play some specific synced local files Detailed description: 1. I have some local tracks mannaged in Spotify om my MAC 2. Then I sync them for offline listening om my iPhone 5 and ipad 3 3. When play ...

•   Description Spotify IOS app crashes when trying to play some specific synced local files   Detailed description: 1. I have some local tracks mannaged in Spotify o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apple iPhone app
    iOS
    local files
    local music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mods: please reset my devices

i've used Offline Sync on too many devices, apparently. it works on my iPad, iPhone4, and laptop, but it has stopped working on the one i need most... my iphone5. thanks!

• Visitor
  • i've used Offline Sync on too many devices, apparently. it works on my iPad, iPhone4, and laptop, but it has stopped working on the one i need most... my iphone5.   thanks!
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

payment with code

I payed my premium with a pre-paid code and i sitll can`t use my spotify on my phone . The same thing happend the last ime i did this but it was fixed the same day .

• Regular
  • I payed my premium with a pre-paid code and i sitll can`t use my spotify on my phone .  The same thing happend the last ime i did this but it was fixed the same day . 
  • victorchirinos
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account not recognised on iOS devices

None of my devices are recognising that I am a premium member. Any tips to fix this, I have logged of then back in.

• Casual Listener
  • None of my devices are recognising that I am a premium member. Any tips to fix this, I have logged of then back in.
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

follow a playlist

How do I follow someones public playlist?

• How do I follow someones public playlist?
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffel off in iPhone 4?

Hi - I cant turn off shuffelmode on my iPhone 4? What wrong or is it just me, that don't like shuffle that much?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi - I cant turn off shuffelmode on my iPhone 4? What wrong or is it just me, that don't like shuffle that much?
  • Lelai
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

47 hours remaining of your trial-premium

on my iphone 5 spotify says 47 hours remaining of your trial, i verified my premium subscription works fine from my computer so not sure why my iOS device says that. followed your instructions to clear history and cookies in safari as well as delete ...

• on my iphone 5 spotify says 47 hours remaining of your trial, i verified my premium subscription works fine from my computer so not sure why my iOS device says that. followed your instructions to c...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Completely Absent From iPad App Playlists

I'm using a new Mac Mini with OSX 10.8.3, and a retina iPad with the Spotify app. There are 4 local files both on the desktop and the iPad which are used in Spotify playlists. On the desktop they show up and play without any problem whatsoever. On th...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using a new Mac Mini with OSX 10.8.3, and a retina iPad with the Spotify app.   There are 4 local files both on the desktop and the iPad which are used in Spotify playlists. On the desktop...
  • jcous
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • apple
    local files
    local ipad files
    Mac
    mobile device
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone mobile app background 3G data usage

Hi Can anyone confirm when the iphone spotify mobile app runs in the background (even when it is on pause) whether it still keeps on using up data? I've been seeing some alarmingly fast usage on my data limits recently and, having seen loads of compl...

• Music Fan
  • Hi Can anyone confirm when the iphone spotify mobile app runs in the background (even when it is on pause) whether it still keeps on using up data? I've been seeing some alarmingly fast usage on my...
  • Knight511
  • Casual Listener
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove from available offline

Hi How do I remove the local file of a song which was made available for offline listening? (I want to keep the song in the play list but to "undo" available offline mode to release some space on my ipad)Thanks

• Hi How do I remove the local file of a song which was made available for offline listening? (I want to keep the song in the play list but to "undo" available offline mode to release some space on m...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No more space!

Hi! I just realized my iPhone is getting full because of my Spotify account. I`ve reduced the number of offline playlist as I don`t use them, but it doesn`t give me anymore space? How do I do this? Right now I can`t even take photos with my iPhone as...

• Hi! I just realized my iPhone is getting full because of my Spotify account. I`ve reduced the number of offline playlist as I don`t use them, but it doesn`t give me anymore space? How do I do this? R...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to sync any songs for offline playlists on iPhone 5

My spotify account won't sync any of my music to be used offline. Even when I am comes text to wifi it just gets stuck on syncing the first songs so no others sync. I tried making a WHOLE new spotify account but I'm still have this problem. It's kill...

• My spotify account won't sync any of my music to be used offline. Even when I am comes text to wifi it just gets stuck on syncing the first songs so no others sync. I tried making a WHOLE new spotify...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify iPhone offline syncing issues - tracks sync then dissapear

I am using latest version of Spotify app, premium subscriber, on iPhone 3GS. I am only using it to sync Spotify tracks, no personal mp3s or anything. I have sync'd a bunch of playlists. Now, whenever I try and sync more, it will sync the 'new' tracks...

• Regular
  • I am using latest version of Spotify app, premium subscriber, on iPhone 3GS.   I am only using it to sync Spotify tracks, no personal mp3s or anything.   I have sync'd a bunch of playli...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify is hanging

Hi there, I'm using Spotify premium for a week and it is not working on my phone. Every song stops after a few seconds and goes ahead for another few seconds..It's really annoying Maybe some of you guys have the same problem?

• Visitor
  • Hi there, I'm using Spotify premium for a week and it is not working on my phone. Every song stops after a few seconds and goes ahead for another few seconds..It's really annoying Maybe some of you g...
  • k_goossens
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all my playlist!!

All my playlists and songs are gone. I have logged in via spotify U/N and facebook...even de-linked facebook per another suggested post. Any help here? Both my desktop and iphone are this way and my account profile shows I am a premium subscriber.

• All my playlists and songs are gone.  I have logged in via spotify U/N and facebook...even de-linked facebook per another suggested post.  Any help here?  Both my desktop and iphone ar...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes