Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Sync to iphone sans wifi?

I'm on a university campus, and the way the wifi network works, my phone cannot be detected by my computer. How can I sync local files anyway? I have some songs I'd like.

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on a university campus, and the way the wifi network works, my phone cannot be detected by my computer.   How can I sync local files anyway? I have some songs I'd like.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify app in Mexico store

Hello, I am a basic user of your service, and was thinking on upgrading to take advantage of the international feature, but sadly I can not download the app in my ios (neither iphone nor ipad). Since I am in a two year assignment in Mexico, I bought ...

• Hello,   I am a basic user of your service, and was thinking on upgrading to take advantage of the international feature, but sadly I can not download the app in my ios (neither iphone nor i...
  • mokitovice
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Itouch offline

dear all,very simple question: with a premium package , can i get offline access to my playlist with an Itouch ?alternative question:are Android device better for this functionality ? reason: wanna buy the best device to maximize Spotify offline than...

• dear all, very simple question:  with a premium package , can i get offline access to my playlist with an Itouch ? alternative question: are Android device better for this functionality ? &...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Synced songs

I changed I phones now all my synced songs are not available offline anymore, they became desynced. Any way I can get them back without having to sync them again

• I changed I phones now all my synced songs are not available offline anymore, they became desynced. Any way I can get them back without having to sync them again
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No mobile streaming on Spotify Premium

I'm subscribed to Premium. The country on my profile matches the one on my payment method. Premium shows everywhere but my iPhone. On the mobile app I get the "only premium users can stream on demand". Help!

• I'm subscribed to Premium. The country on my profile matches the one on my payment method. Premium shows everywhere but my iPhone.   On the mobile app I get the "only premium users can stream ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My iPod is not syncing

I have Spotify Premium but for some reason it says that i can only sync local files still. I have had Premium for a while so it's not a lag issue. Help Please?

• I have Spotify Premium but for some reason it says that i can only sync local files still. I have had Premium for a while so it's not a lag issue. Help Please?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium iPhone help...

I have paid for premium yet it isn't translated to my cell phone despite being logged in to my account where I paid for premium with. I've lgoged on and off a million times and given it over four hours to start working yet it is still giving me the o...

• I have paid for premium yet it isn't translated to my cell phone despite being logged in to my account where I paid for premium with. I've lgoged on and off a million times and given it over four hou...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Sync Offline Playlists on iPhone 4

Hi, Not had many problems with Spotify before but recently I haven't be able to sync my 'available offline' playlists with my iphone 4. When I am connected to wifi it just sits there saying synching track '1 of 31'. i am not in offline mode, tracks p...

• Hi,    Not had many problems with Spotify before but recently I haven't be able to sync my 'available offline' playlists with my iphone 4. When I am connected to wifi it just sits there s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline playlist syncing doesn't work on iPhone 4.

So, this is the THIRD time this happens to me and you seriously cannot blame my phone. It starts to sync my playlists and the it stops. Last two times when this happened, I did what you told me - deleted my app and reinstalled it. I seriously don't w...

• So, this is the THIRD time this happens to me and you seriously cannot blame my phone. It starts to sync my playlists and the it stops. Last two times when this happened, I did what you told me - del...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.6.3

What's new in this version (0.6.3): New: Spotify now speaks Traditional Chinese and Latin American Spanish. Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [iOS] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting. U...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version (0.6.3): New: Spotify now speaks Traditional Chinese and Latin American Spanish. Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go throug...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify USB Connection Issues?

Hey everybody! I got a 2012 Honda Civic that came with an i-MID system, and I have Spotify premium as well, so one of the first things I wanted to do when I got the car, was hook up my phone(iPhone 5) with the Civic's superb audio system. Unfortunate...

• Regular
  • Hey everybody! I got a 2012 Honda Civic that came with an i-MID system, and I have Spotify premium as well, so one of the first things I wanted to do when I got the car, was hook up my phone(iPhone 5...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred radio bug

It seems that when I play my starred radio station on iOS it plays tracks related to old starred tracks and will not update based on my current starred playlist. Radio seems to work just fine on desktop. Is there a fix for this?

• Casual Listener
  • It seems that when I play my starred radio station on iOS it plays tracks related to old starred tracks and will not update based on my current starred playlist. Radio seems to work just fine on desk...
  • LeoTM
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone 5 controls get messed up when playing local files on spotify app

Quite a specific problem that I have but inconvenient nonetheless. If I play local files on my spotify app (iPhone 5, iOs 6.1.3, Spotify 0.6.3.16), press stop and exit the application, the 'play' icon doesn't disappear from the status bar and the con...

• Quite a specific problem that I have but inconvenient nonetheless.   If I play local files on my spotify app (iPhone 5, iOs 6.1.3, Spotify 0.6.3.16), press stop and exit the application, the '...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app on Iphone shuts down after 2 sec.

DescriptionMy spotify app on Iphone 4 shuts down about 2 sec after opening it. A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. First I did thisTurned off/on the phone 2. Then I did thatReinstalled the app 3. I also did thisSearched the forum for ...

• Description My spotify app on Iphone 4 shuts down about 2 sec after opening it.   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. First I did this Turned off/on the phone   2. ...
  • flaberguest
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Client crash after installing patch 0.6.3

DescriptionMy app client crashes after I have logged in.A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. First I started spotify as usually after installing the update in AppStore.2. The client showed 3 dots and the New songs list appeared. After ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description My app client crashes after I have logged in. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. First I started spotify as usually after installing the update in AppStore. 2. The...
  • dennisprenzl
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing music through your phone on your laptop.

Hi, I've been trying to see if there is a way of changing what plays on my laptop spotify via my phone.Similarly to how 'Remote' works on iTunes, I have my laptop set up to my sound system at home and would really like to be able to change what songs...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've been trying to see if there is a way of changing what plays on my laptop spotify via my phone. Similarly to how 'Remote' works on iTunes, I have my laptop set up to my sound system at hom...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to Connect iPhone 4S to spotify with cable.

Hi, I cannot connect my iPhone to spotify to sync my music. I have tried wireless and with cable. I have unistalled both applications on my phone and PC and no fix. I have restared the devices and signed in with the same details and still no connecti...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I cannot connect my iPhone to spotify to sync my music. I have tried wireless and with cable. I have unistalled both applications on my phone and PC and no fix. I have restared the devices and si...
  • mabizela
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bought premium but app says 48 hours trial remaining

The app won't let me play albums even though I've upgraded to premium membership.

• Casual Listener
  • The app won't let me play albums even though I've upgraded to premium membership.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium not activating on iPhone 5

I upgraded my Spotify account about 15 minutes ago, and my phone is still telling me that I am not a Premium user. How long does it take to activate? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • I upgraded my Spotify account about 15 minutes ago, and my phone is still telling me that I am not a Premium user.  How long does it take to activate? Thanks!
  • Gaz8371
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium will not work...help please!

Hi,I just created an account under TisharaOsbey and on my iPhone it keeps saying I don't have premium but i got a receipt! Please help me a I've tried logging in and out three different times. I am by linked up to Facebook and have out my actual spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I just created an account under TisharaOsbey and on my iPhone it keeps saying I don't have premium but i got a receipt! Please help me a I've tried logging in and out three different times. I ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    premium won't work
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes