Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Playlist wont play correctly when offline

PlanPremiumCountry Uk DeviceiPod touch 6th Generation Operating SystemLatest update My Question or IssueHi, This has been happening since the last couple of Spotify updates. I use my iPod offline for my music. But I cant play through my liked songs. ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Uk   Device iPod touch 6th Generation  Operating System Latest update   My Question or Issue Hi,   This has been happening since the last couple o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Marking a song as favorite don't work and now i can't finde the song!

Hello, i've heard a song in one of my personal playlist while i was driving my car and the song was great. I marked the song on my Apple Watch as favorite and heard it several times while i'm driving. Today i want to hear the song again, but it isnt ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   i've heard a song in one of my personal playlist while i was driving my car and the song was great. I marked the song on my Apple Watch as favorite and heard it several times while i'...
  • WoogieDasKamel
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Opening Spotify stops casting to Chromecast

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone XS, Chromecast 2nd generationOperating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueSince the last update of Spotify, I encounter the following issue: I am casting Spotify to my Chromecast, and when I open the Spotify app on my...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone XS, Chromecast 2nd generation Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue Since the last update of Spotify, I encounter the following issue: ...
  • Grant_NC
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 15 likes

Superuser Contribution Why audio normalization lowers too much the volume? Please solve this

I don't know why the audio normalization lowers too much the volume of all the songs, in normal audio normalization. Is there something to do about it? Maybe a software update for improving the normal volume or the algorithm of audio normalization. T...

• Regular
  • I don't know why the audio normalization lowers too much the volume of all the songs, in normal audio normalization.   Is there something to do about it? Maybe a software update for improving ...
  • Highway190
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Accessibility issues on spodify using voiceover screenreader on iPhone.

Hello friends,I came here to report an issue that is important to me and I will tell you why below for anyone reading the report it will be probably unusual one.The problem exists in podcasts > episodes > today section of the app. Other sections such...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello friends, I came here to report an issue that is important to me and I will tell you why below for anyone reading the report it will be probably unusual one. The problem exists in podcasts &gt...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Go back few seconds witch apple car

Hi community, I was a Spotify user from 2008 to 2018 and then i changed to apple music. Now i'm back and i have a question. In Apple Car play spotify app, when i try to go back for a few second, (about 20-30) by pushing the rewind button all time the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi community,   I was a Spotify user from 2008 to 2018 and then i changed to apple music. Now i'm back and i have a question.   In Apple Car play spotify app, when i try to go back for ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 'Liked Songs' shuffling with Premium

I have had premium for a while and never had trouble listening to my 'Liked Songs' playlist. Today, though, I tried to listen but the songs shuffled. In the past with premium, the most recently liked songs would play after each other unless the shuff...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had premium for a while and never had trouble listening to my 'Liked Songs' playlist. Today, though, I tried to listen but the songs shuffled. In the past with premium, the most recently liked...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Liked Songs Playlist
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Swipe to Queue a Track Freezes

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: iPhone 8 PlusOperating System: iOS 13.4.1 My Question or Issue: For a few weeks I have noticed an issue with the swipe right to queue feature. The button will occasionally freeze in the middle of the screen (see scre...

99157933_275163103668551_1774296263227867136_n.png 99419597_253174962696624_5406613095445430272_n.png 99236812_642674773129797_5819673994520952832_n.png 100055398_860948944369978_3496702574126432256_n.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device: iPhone 8 Plus Operating System: iOS 13.4.1   My Question or Issue:    For a few weeks I have noticed an issue with the swipe righ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists containing local files become unplayable

I’ve just added a few local files from my iTunes account on my PC to my Spotify and now I can’t play any songs that are in the same playlists as the song’s I’ve transferred over, not even on shuffle.unless I play them from another device (PS4, PC etc...

• Visitor
  • I’ve just added a few local files from my iTunes account on my PC to my Spotify and now I can’t play any songs that are in the same playlists as the song’s I’ve transferred over, not even on shuffle....
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Sign Out Everywhere

I received an iPhone 7 a week and a half ago. It was great til last Friday morning when I could not turn on the phone. New phone is here and now have to reinstall everything manually. I'm trying to sign in to Spotify but it keeps telling me to Sign O...

• Visitor
  • I received an iPhone 7 a week and a half ago. It was great til last Friday morning when I could not turn on the phone. New phone is here and now have to reinstall everything manually. I'm trying to s...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Any news on fixing update?

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI hate the new update where on the desktop app, all the songs in your playlist are just jumbled up and I can't sort them by artist or alphabetical order etc... Se...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Samsung  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I hate the new update where on the desktop app, all the songs in your playlist ar...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPad 2 - Unable to select music over WiFi

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustralia Device(iPhone 7, iPad 2, iPad 5, Macbook Pro late 2011, WinPC)Operating System(iPhone 7/iPad 5 iOS 13, iPad 2 iOS 9, Macbook OSX 10.13.6, PC Windows 10) My Question or IssueHi Team, I think this is a bug. Appears that...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Australia   Device (iPhone 7, iPad 2, iPad 5, Macbook Pro late 2011, WinPC) Operating System (iPhone 7/iPad 5 iOS 13, iPad 2 iOS 9, Macbook OSX 10.13.6, PC Wi...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files not appearing on iPhone

I have a premium Spotify account and have followed all of the steps for adding local files to my desktop Spotify app on Windows 10. I have successfully uploaded all the songs I wanted to and they play just fine on the app. I added all the songs to a ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium Spotify account and have followed all of the steps for adding local files to my desktop Spotify app on Windows 10. I have successfully uploaded all the songs I wanted to and they pla...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • desktop app
    downloads
    iphone
    local files
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The New Update Has Ruined Years of Digging...

Premium Iphone user here. Been in love with Spotify for years until now. When I first discovered Spotify, I was addicted to it immediately. I would look up an artist, raid their discography, and press “like” on all the songs that caught my ear. When ...

• Regular
  • Premium Iphone user here. Been in love with Spotify for years until now.   When I first discovered Spotify, I was addicted to it immediately. I would look up an artist, raid their discography,...
  • JMchief
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 20 likes

Superuser Contribution Enable Lyrics or Behind the Lyrics options

Plan : Premium FamilyCountry : FranceDevice : iPhone XS My Question or IssueHii'd like to know if the "Behind the Lyrics" option is still existing ?It's been months that i cant see it and i dont understand how a platform as Spotify can't propose a ly...

• Regular
  • Plan : Premium Family Country : France Device : iPhone XS   My Question or Issue Hi i'd like to know if the "Behind the Lyrics" option is still existing ? It's been months ...
  • AlexKid1
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Max sound volume when using snapchat

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceIphone 8 Operating SystemIOS 13.4.1 My Question or Issue When i listen to spotify, and then are taking a picture, or opening a snap, the volume turns into maximum automatically.

• Casual Listener
  •     Plan Premium Country   Device Iphone 8  Operating System IOS 13.4.1   My Question or Issue   When i listen to spotify, and then are taking a picture...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't add duplicate songs to playlist or delete playlist

Latest ios version. Iphone pro max. Premium. Whenever I try to add a duplicate song to the playlist no prompt appears asking me if I want to add the dupe. Also, no prompt appears when I try to delete a playlist. Rebooted phone, reinstalled app. Tried...

• Roadie
  • Latest ios version. Iphone pro max. Premium.    Whenever I try to add a duplicate song to the playlist no prompt appears asking me if I want to add the dupe.    Also, no promp...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

google home mini + spotify glitch

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issuecannot get my google home mini to cast spotify. i’ve has the accounts linked for about 6 months and have had no issues until today. i start the google cast then play a song...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue cannot get my google home mini to cast spotify. i’ve has the accounts linked for about 6 ...
  • julianneb
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Playing stops

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuespotify app has started to stop playing the tracks. It happens like every 20 seconds. I pres...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue spotify app...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Removed “Appears On” feature with January 2019 IOS Update

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueLooks like Spotify has updated the ios app yet again. They have streamlined the artist pages and removed the “Appears On” section typically found at the bottom of t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue Looks like Spotify has updated the ios app yet again.  They have streamli...
  • spartnerfy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 34 likes