Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Enough. Good bye

After 4+ years of perseverance, I am finally done, finished, frustrated, exhausted with Spotify and their garbage app and 'Premium' service:First and foremost, my objective in paying for Premium is to have my music offline (in the office, car and whi...

• Roadie
  • After 4+ years of perseverance, I am finally done, finished, frustrated, exhausted with Spotify and their garbage app and 'Premium' service: First and foremost, my objective in paying for Premium is...
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution problems with GM infotainment system

The spotiy app in my GM truck doesnt work unless I disconnect my phone from bluetooth then the spotify app works but then I cant take or place calls through the trucks bluetooth feature. I have deleted and re installed both apps twice and it hasnt fi...

•   The spotiy app in my GM truck doesnt work unless I disconnect my phone from bluetooth then the spotify app works but then I cant take or place calls through the trucks bluetooth feature. I ha...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Filters in « liked songs »

My Question or IssueHow can I listen to downloaded songs only while offline on the mobile? The filter doesn’t exist. It needs to be added to the « liked songs » folder ASAP!

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue How can I listen to downloaded songs only while offline on the mobile? The filter doesn’t exist. It needs to be added to the « liked songs » folder ASAP! 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Voice

I am a Spotify user in the US. I have an iPhone XS. I have never been able to use Spotify Voice. The microphone doesn’t appear in my search bar. Spotify doesn’t ask for access to my microphone.

97E9768C-E9CF-4830-8716-C8134DDFA7FC.png 774EA21B-9D9F-4EA3-BFC2-9634EB951CDD.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I am a Spotify user in the US.  I have an iPhone XS.  I have never been able to use Spotify Voice.  The microphone doesn’t appear in my search bar.  Spotify doesn’t ask for access...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no longer shuffles searched artists in library (See example Below)

Hello,Anyone else have this Problem?Premium/ USiPhone XiOS Ever since I updated to the New Spotify, it will no longer play a searched artists songs in my library after I play the first one. For example. If I search :" Post Malone" i can play "Psycho"...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Anyone else have this Problem? Premium/ US iPhone X iOS   Ever since I updated to the New Spotify, it will no longer play a searched artists songs in my library after I play the fir...
  • eva_mu
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    New Update
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New update completely destroys functionality

Can no longer see Saved music by album -- the "Liked Songs" shows all the songs I had previously "Saved" but does not categorize them by album. Under Album view in the Library, I can only see albums for which I have "saved" or "liked" every song in t...

• Can no longer see Saved music by album -- the "Liked Songs" shows all the songs I had previously "Saved" but does not categorize them by album. Under Album view in the Library, I can only see albums ...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Playlist songs missing from iPhone, but not desktop Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 12.3.1) My Question or IssueWhile using Spotify on my iPhone, I selected a playlist that I created myself, and I panicked to see that only 5 of the 16 songs were visible. After the 5th visible...

• Plan Premium Country US Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 12.3.1)   My Question or Issue While using Spotify on my iPhone, I selected a playlist that I created myself, and I pan...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

No way to sort by downloaded song?

Did Spotify really take away the ability to shuffle play downloaded songs, like when you don't want to use your phone data? There's no filter for "download" in the "Liked Songs" playlist. Please someone tell me I'm missing something. PremiumUSiPhone ...

• Casual Listener
  • Did Spotify really take away the ability to shuffle play downloaded songs, like when you don't want to use your phone data? There's no filter for "download" in the "Liked Songs" playlist. Please some...
  • ewelsh817
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify IOS not connecting to Desktop

PlanPremium For some reason my spotify and IOS device have not been in sync, I have been able to play different songs at the same time on my Desktop and on my phone and havent been able to link them together. My LastFM account has also not been detec...

• Plan Premium   For some reason my spotify and IOS device have not been in sync, I have been able to play different songs at the same time on my Desktop and on my phone and havent been able to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify only playing certain downloaded songs

PlanPremiumCountry Devices(iPhone 5, iPhone 6s, iPhone SE)Operating Systems(iOS 10.33, iOS 12.3.1, Windows 8.) My Question or IssueI've searched online and here in the comminity but can't seem to find an answer for my exact issue.As stated above, Spo...

• Plan Premium Country   Devices (iPhone 5, iPhone 6s, iPhone SE) Operating Systems (iOS 10.33, iOS 12.3.1, Windows 8.)   My Question or Issue I've searched online and here in the c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Just Tell Me Why.

They can't be serious with the new update. Like, why? First of all, there's no Recently Played offline? That's the main section I use and I almost NEVER go online unless I'm at my computer (I have issues with that player too, but never mind that for ...

• Casual Listener
  • They can't be serious with the new update. Like, why? First of all, there's no Recently Played offline? That's the main section I use and I almost NEVER go online unless I'm at my computer (I have is...
  • jwhiting360
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 11 likes

Spotify works 40 sec in my car on bluetooth

So recently my Spotify has been acting up by just playing a song for 40 seconds in my car on Bluetooth, if I forget the device on both my phone and in the car and pair them up again it works for another 40 seconds. It works flawless with cable and on...

• Casual Listener
  • So recently my Spotify has been acting up by just playing a song for 40 seconds in my car on Bluetooth, if I forget the device on both my phone and in the car and pair them up again it works for anot...
  • janlaureys9
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Error when searching

PlanFreeCountrySpainDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemLatest iOS My Question or IssueI get an error that says something like “something didn’t go the way it should” (translating the message from Spanish).This error appears every time I search for a song,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Spain Device iPhone 7 Operating System Latest iOS  My Question or Issue I get an error that says something like “something didn’t go the way it should” (translating th...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music keeps pausing randomly

Iphone XS - music keeps pausing randomly. Have tried all of the suggestions on here. Reinstall app, restart, log out everywhere etc and they make no difference. Any help/suggestions appreciated.

• Casual Listener
  • Iphone XS - music keeps pausing randomly. Have tried all of the suggestions on here. Reinstall app, restart, log out everywhere etc and they make no difference. Any help/suggestions appreciated. &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Somehow the updates got worse.

PlanPremiumCountryUSAMy Question or IssueAgh. So I came to this site extremely upset and frustrated, and I now see I am not alone. I despise the new update it is absolutely terrible both visually and to use. I have never had an issue with spotify (ha...

•   Plan Premium Country USA My Question or Issue Agh. So I came to this site extremely upset and frustrated, and I now see I am not alone. I despise the new update it is absolutely terrible...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Music missing

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • aasdasdf
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Stations CarPlay/Roku/Alexa/AutoPlay questions

PremiumUnited StatesiPhone 8 | iOS 10 So I'm loving Stations and considering deleting my premium Pandora account. However, a few things are making me wait and I'm hoping anyone has more info on a few of the below.1. CarPlay - any way or news on when ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium United States iPhone 8 | iOS 10   So I'm loving Stations and considering deleting my premium Pandora account. However, a few things are making me wait and I'm hoping anyone has ...
  • myaeger80
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Alexa
    autoplay
    Carplay
    iOS
    roku
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist Folder sync on iOS

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueThe Playlist Folders created on the desktop app won't sync with my iOS device quite right. In the playlist section of my iPhone I can see the names of the folders w...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue The Playlist Folders created on the desktop app won't sync with my iOS device quite righ...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts to play random songs before the Album is done.

I was listening to an album, and not even four songs in and it starts playing completely unrelated songs. The album has 17 songs! I tried reshuffling the playlist (playing another playlist and coming back to this one, it usually works) but it still k...

• I was listening to an album, and not even four songs in and it starts playing completely unrelated songs. The album has 17 songs! I tried reshuffling the playlist (playing another playlist and coming...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes