Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

can not log into my account your country does not meet in the profile

can not log into my account your country does not meet in the profileerror code 408 pls help, i set my profile both to GB in the mac and also IOS, and also the PROFILEbut still can notpls helptks

• can not log into my account  your country does not meet in the profile error code  408   pls help, i set my profile both to GB in the mac and also IOS, and also the PROFILE but sti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting history from recently played?

I used to be able to delete anything on my recently played but it seems I can’t anymore since the new update came out (8.4.52). Is there any way to fix this or did the update dump the idea of deleting history on iOS entirely? Thank you!!

• I used to be able to delete anything on my recently played but it seems I can’t anymore since the new update came out (8.4.52). Is there any way to fix this or did the update dump the idea of deletin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect Sets Volume to Max

I use Spotify on my iPad Mini to control Beoplay A9 using Connect. Sometimes when I close the Spotify app and reopen it while the songs are playing, it sets the Connect volume to max automatically after detecting the device. I have been scared the he...

• Regular
  • I use Spotify on my iPad Mini to control Beoplay A9 using Connect. Sometimes when I close the Spotify app and reopen it while the songs are playing, it sets the Connect volume to max automatically af...
  • crabello
  • 119 replies
  • 23 likes
  • bug
    Connect
    volume
  • 119 replies
  • 23 likes

Last.fm Scrobbling Not Working on both Mobile and Desktop

I noticed end of last week that the Spotify mobile app was no longer scrobbling to Last.fm. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, but that did not fix it. I decided to start playing from the desktop app when possible going forward. However,...

• Casual Listener
  • I noticed end of last week that the Spotify mobile app was no longer scrobbling to Last.fm. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, but that did not fix it. I decided to start playing from th...
  • ackleyrc
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • last.fm
    scrobble
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

I-phone download

I have already downloaded Spotify Premium onto my i-Pad and it is up and running. How do I download the app onto my i-Phone, please? I'm sorry I can't see how to do this - I'm obviously missing something obvious!Thanks in advance,Sara

• I have already downloaded Spotify Premium onto my i-Pad and it is up and running. How do I download the app onto my i-Phone, please?  I'm sorry I can't see how to do this - I'm obviously missin...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm Scrobble failed few hours ago

Hey guys, I just updated new Spotify IOS version. Then I realize that the Last.fm failed to record my song. It is showing recording the current songs but cannot store in my library. Does anybody have similar issues? Does anyone know how to solve that...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,   I just updated new Spotify IOS version. Then I realize that the Last.fm failed to record my song. It is showing recording the current songs but cannot store in my library...
  • sharp-spark
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app doesn't scrobble for me

Earlier today it completely stopped working, it has worked perfectly for months before, on the last.fm site it says it's scrobbling the track but when the track is over and a new track comes on the scrobble doesn't save. Please help. Edit: Regular sc...

• Casual Listener
  • Earlier today it completely stopped working, it has worked perfectly for months before, on the last.fm site it says it's scrobbling the track but when the track is over and a new track comes on the s...
  • Erick93
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Why cant I sort my playlists songs by most recently added on iOS ?

Why cant I sort my playlists songs by most recently added on iOS ? My playlists are lareg and want to be able to play the most recently added song first. I can do this on the desktop version but not on iOS. Can someone tell me how to do this?

• Why cant I sort my playlists songs by most recently added on iOS ? My playlists are lareg and want to be able to play the most recently added song first. I can do this on the desktop version but not ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

new update

I resently my found out that my sister got a new spotify update on her iphone and I also found out that I don’t have it. But when i log into her account on my phone, the update is there. I was wondering why I don’t have it and will I ever get it?

• I resently my found out that my sister got a new spotify update on her iphone and I also found out that I don’t have it. But when i log into her account on my phone, the update is there. I was wonder...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs glitch during playback

Everything I listen to on Spotify has been glitching out lately. The song will pause for a second then start back up and get super glitchy. Playback will slow down then cut in and out - totally unlistenable. This happens with my offline songs too so ...

• Casual Listener
  • Everything I listen to on Spotify has been glitching out lately. The song will pause for a second then start back up and get super glitchy. Playback will slow down then cut in and out ...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs keep skipping & pausing randomly

I’m having the same issue listening to the Spotify app on an iPhone 7 Plus. Randomly skips, stutters and pauses when playing on headphones and through Bluetooth speakers. It’s inconsisent and some days it doesn’t skip once, other days it’s chronic. I...

• Casual Listener
  • I’m having the same issue listening to the Spotify app on an iPhone 7 Plus. Randomly skips, stutters and pauses when playing on headphones and through Bluetooth speakers. It’s inconsisent and some da...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Changed Setup??

I have the latest update for Spotify, and it changed from looking like this the first photo to the two next. There is no option to shuffle songs and there’s no radio or discover weekly or any if that. My brother has the latest update and his is norma...

• I have the latest update for Spotify, and it changed from looking like this the first photo to the two next. There is no option to shuffle songs and there’s no radio or discover weekly or any if that...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can’t download

Hi I can’t download music it just says waiting to download 

• Hi I can’t download music it just says waiting to download 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The hip-hop radio is not working

The hip-hop radio is not working, the Spotify app keeps giving me an error saying please try again. Every single radio works except for hip-hop and I don’t know what to do.

• The hip-hop radio is not working, the Spotify app keeps giving me an error saying please try again. Every single radio works except for hip-hop and I don’t know what to do.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search Downloaded Songs Offline & Filtering Playlists

I’m a premium account holder who typically uses the Spotify app on an iOS, and I’ve noticed two major features that seem to have been taken away:Search Downloaded Songs Offline: when you search for an artist or song in offline mode, you would get the...

• Casual Listener
  • I’m a premium account holder who typically uses the Spotify app on an iOS, and I’ve noticed two major features that seem to have been taken away: Search Downloaded Songs Offline: when you search fo...
  • Timmy_r
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily mixes persistent across sub-accounts on family plan

I have a family account - let's say user A and user B. If I first log-in as user A in the Spotify iOS app, log-out, and then log-in as user B, the daily mixes of user A remain on the home tab (under "Made for user A"). There are no mixes presented fo...

• I have a family account - let's say user A and user B. If I first log-in as user A in the Spotify iOS app, log-out, and then log-in as user B, the daily mixes of user A remain on the home tab (under ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Daily Mixes
    Family Plan
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify does not scrobble to last.fm

Spotify verion 8.4.52 on iOS does not scrobble to last.fm but it works fine on Spotify for Mac OSX. Does the new app update on iOS cause this issue?

• Regular
  • Spotify verion 8.4.52 on iOS does not scrobble to last.fm but it works fine on Spotify for Mac OSX.  Does the new app update on iOS cause this issue? 
  • steadymindful
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • last.fm
    scrobble
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Following an artist on mobile isn't reflected on desktop

Hey all, If I follow an artist on mobile, this behavior isn't automatically reflected on my desktop account, and when I follow an artist on my desktop account, it's not reflected on mobile. This applies to both Windows and Mac. Is this working as int...

• Regular
  • Hey all,   If I follow an artist on mobile, this behavior isn't automatically reflected on my desktop account, and when I follow an artist on my desktop account, it's not reflected on mobile. ...
  • phideaux
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

On WiFi all is well. On Mobile Data-always says offline

Hi, I have question on my account. I’m on premium subscription but I can only search music while on WiFi connection. When I go on LTE (mobile data) it always says I’m offline. But everytime it happens I checked that my mobile internet was working oka...

• Hi,   I have question on my account.   I’m on premium subscription but I can only search music while on WiFi connection. When I go on LTE (mobile data) it always says I’m offline. But e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Please help me

I have spotify premium and what I don’t undestand is that I don’t have the ‘Behind The Lyrics’ feature. I’ve even gone into settings where it would be but the feature isn’t even there as if it never existed in the first place. Please give me feedback...

• I have spotify premium and what I don’t undestand is that I don’t have the ‘Behind The Lyrics’ feature. I’ve even gone into settings where it would be but the feature isn’t even there as if it never ...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes