Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Speaker connection not working

Hi I am trying to connect Spotify to my Airport Extreme, but even though i am connected to the network, i cannot seem to find the speakers in the device list. When i try with my iPhone 6s, there is no issue, i can easily find and connect to the speak...

• Hi   I am trying to connect Spotify to my Airport Extreme, but even though i am connected to the network, i cannot seem to find the speakers in the device list. When i try with my iPhone 6s, t...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't let me log in on iPad

It keeps saying I already created an account with the email. But I can log in just fine on my iPhone and laptop

• It keeps saying I already created an account with the email. But I can log in just fine on my iPhone and laptop   
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly hasn't updated in months

I tired logging in and out, following and unfollowing. Turning my phone off and on. It hasn't updated since 2016.Please help.

• I tired logging in and out, following and unfollowing. Turning my phone off and on. It hasn't updated since 2016. Please help.
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone stuck in offline mode

I have a Spotify Premium account, which works fine on my desktop iMac. But when I log in via my iPhone 4G, I get a "Spotify is offline" message, and all tracks appear as unplayable.I logged in to my account, via computer, and affirmed that my Premium...

• Regular
  •   I have a Spotify Premium account, which works fine on my desktop iMac.   But when I log in via my iPhone 4G, I get a "Spotify is offline" message, and all tracks appear as unplayable.I...
  • Severntma
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

settings

How do I get to settings/preferences on my iPhone so I can change the sound quality?

• How do I get to settings/preferences on my iPhone so I can change the sound quality?  
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Runkeeper / playlists stop after three songs

Hi everybody,I use Spotify Running playlists together with Runkeeper. Everything worked ok, until three or four weks ago (except for "Detect tempo"). But since then, the playlists stop after the third song. (Spotify even looks like it was playing. Au...

• Hi everybody, I use Spotify Running playlists together with Runkeeper. Everything worked ok, until three or four weks ago (except for "Detect tempo"). But since then, the playlists stop after the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SONOS Connect

Hello, up till recently I have very been able to use the Spotify app to control my Sonos speakers. However recently when I select a sonos speaker from the devices menu it hangs and doesn't connect, has anyone had this?I have tried uninstalling etc .....

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, up till recently I have very been able to use the Spotify app to control my Sonos speakers. However recently when I select a sonos speaker from the devices menu it hangs and doesn't connect, h...
  • Miggyluv
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect for Pioneer

Receiver streaming is no longer working, from Ipad air(updated) or android Samsung tab 3. My runing premium cannot use spotify connect since a few days. This was running fine for my Pionneer sc 2023, still found as device by the app. But the app conn...

• Casual Listener
  • Receiver streaming is no longer working, from Ipad air(updated) or android Samsung tab 3. My runing premium cannot use spotify connect since a few days. This was running fine for my Pionneer sc 2023,...
  • Bandar
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • No Spotify Connect
    Pioneer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad is unavailable for listening on remotely after pausing from Mac when iPad is in locked screen

Hi, I have a problem: - I setup remote connection so I can control playback remotely from my Mac and use iPad as receiver.- everything is fully operational unless I pause playback remotely from Mac after iPad gets to lock screen- iPad goes into statu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have a problem:   - I setup remote connection so I can control playback remotely from my Mac and use iPad as receiver. - everything is fully operational unless I pause playback...
  • dododod
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes

I can't make discover weekly playlist public anymore

I just can't seem to find that option in the dropdown menu. I've tried checking on both of my iOs devices and neither show the option. I have iPad pro and iPhone 7 with thr latest software

• Casual Listener
  • I just can't seem to find that option in the dropdown menu.  I've tried checking on both of my iOs devices and neither show the option. I have iPad pro and iPhone 7 with thr latest software
  • Hypnofobia
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Problem

I already have Spotify Premium on other devices every time I login, but after I downloaded the app onto my new iPhone, Premium won't play. I get five songs at most, and then three ads, ironically all asking me to get Premium. I'm driving my Dad and I...

• Casual Listener
  • I already have Spotify Premium on other devices every time I login, but after I downloaded the app onto my new iPhone, Premium won't play. I get five songs at most, and then three ads, ironically all...
  • Idontgiveafart
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock Available Offline Button?

Hey,Not so sure if this should go here so let me know otherwise.I really love Spotify but one really annoying issue on iOS is the big "available offline" button, because I don't want to use my mobile data I download my playlists, however it's really ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, Not so sure if this should go here so let me know otherwise. I really love Spotify but one really annoying issue on iOS is the big "available offline" button, because I don't want to use my ...
  • makertech81
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Skip/search functions tracking to opposite song.

When using the the skip/search buttons or when swiping, Spotify goes to the opposite track I intended it to go to. Example: I am listening to track 2 in a playlist but want to skip to track 3, when I hit the skip forward button or swipe to left, spot...

• Casual Listener
  • When using the the skip/search buttons or when swiping, Spotify goes to the opposite track I intended it to go to.   Example: I am listening to track 2 in a playlist but want to skip to track ...
  • jakemmmm
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Radio Starting Over Queue

I'm a premium user, and starting a week or so ago, when I select a song and queue multiple others, the Spotify radio playlist for the first song selected overrides my queue. I'm not selecting the radio capability; in fact the radio starts up even whe...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a premium user, and starting a week or so ago, when I select a song and queue multiple others, the Spotify radio playlist for the first song selected overrides my queue. I'm not selecting the rad...
  • davreed
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist

I have a playlist that i play at night when i sleep, and i expect it to turn off once the playlist is over. But i will wake up in the middle of the night and it is playing something with songs i've never heard and it says the name of my playlist and ...

• I have a playlist that i play at night when i sleep, and i expect it to turn off once the playlist is over. But i will wake up in the middle of the night and it is playing something with songs i've n...
  • kat315
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

new iPhone - cannot log in with existing account

Can somebody tell me how I can log into my account with a new iphone ? I have a premium account and cannot access to it with my new iphone receiving a message that this account is already in use... Even with an invitation as a family member it does n...

• Casual Listener
  • Can somebody tell me how I can log into my account with a new iphone ? I have a premium account and cannot access to it with my new iphone receiving a message that this account is already in use... E...
  • Richard63
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot cast from iPhone to Chromecast 2

Spotify for iOS version 7.5.0.1023Chromecast 2 firmware 1.22.78337iPhone 7 I cannot cast Spotify from iPhone 7 to Chromecast 2. When I select Google Cast in the Spotify app, my TV screen turns all black (no Spotify logo or anything) with no music pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify for iOS version 7.5.0.1023 Chromecast 2 firmware 1.22.78337 iPhone 7   I cannot cast Spotify from iPhone 7 to Chromecast 2. When I select Google Cast in the Spotify app, my TV screen...
  • Julian
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Mobile
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Auto-Playing Songs

Hi everyone,First of all... I HAVE PREMIUM!Right, a while ago I created a folder in Spotify which includes all my downloaded playlists to listen to "on the go".So when you select this folder there's an option at the top (called "all songs") to listen...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone, First of all... I HAVE PREMIUM! Right, a while ago I created a folder in Spotify which includes all my downloaded playlists to listen to "on the go". So when you select this folder th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted waiting list keeps coming back

I added an album with the best of the 80's to my waiting list recently, but didn't play through it entirely. After clearing the list and playing other playlists, the 80's keep returning to my waitinglist and can't be removed from my iPhone 5s. If I w...

• I added an album with the best of the 80's to my waiting list recently, but didn't play through it entirely. After clearing the list and playing other playlists, the 80's keep returning to my waiting...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes