Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Deleted waiting list keeps coming back

I added an album with the best of the 80's to my waiting list recently, but didn't play through it entirely. After clearing the list and playing other playlists, the 80's keep returning to my waitinglist and can't be removed from my iPhone 5s. If I w...

• I added an album with the best of the 80's to my waiting list recently, but didn't play through it entirely. After clearing the list and playing other playlists, the 80's keep returning to my waiting...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

someone help me

I was trying to listen to some music and this popped up why can't I listen to them?

• Casual Listener
  • I was trying to listen to some music and this popped up why can't I listen to them?
  • Kioki666
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist plays in the wrong order

Hello,after updating the iOS app to the 7.4.0 version (and 7.5.0 as well), my playlist keeps playing in the wrong order if I sort it by artist or recently added, while if I sort it by custom or by title the songs' reproduction is perfectly ordered.Of...

• Hello, after updating the iOS app to the 7.4.0 version (and 7.5.0 as well), my playlist keeps playing in the wrong order if I sort it by artist or recently added, while if I sort it by custom&n...
  • cabaynes
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify in German????

I have an iPhone 6 and just downloaded the Spotify app. For some reason it's in German. German commercials, too many European song suggestions and not enough indie us music. Also loads of playlists show up in German, lots of trance and just stuff I d...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone 6 and just downloaded the Spotify app. For some reason it's in German. German commercials, too many European song suggestions and not enough indie us music. Also loads of playlists s...
  • Teisharocz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Volume changing when switching apps

So everytime I listen to music on my iPhone 6s on Spotify and open another app (eg. Hearthstone, Pokemon Go etc.) the volume goes down a lot. It goes down so much it's not enough on max on my headphones and when i switch back to Spotify or my message...

• Casual Listener
  • So everytime I listen to music on my iPhone 6s on Spotify and open another app (eg. Hearthstone, Pokemon Go etc.) the volume goes down a lot. It goes down so much it's not enough on max on my headpho...
  • Simpppa
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • T
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Buzz followed by pause

This just started this week. When I am in the car and am streaming Spotify, every now and again I get a loud buzz sound followed by what seems like a pause or skip on the track. I just lose sound for a second and then it comes back. Anyone else exper...

• Casual Listener
  • This just started this week. When I am in the car and am streaming Spotify, every now and again I get a loud buzz sound followed by what seems like a pause or skip on the track. I just lose sound for...
  • Krdub33
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps crashing after Version 7.5.0 Update

I just updated the spotify app on my iphone to the latest version 7.5.0 yesterday and since then, every time I tried to play a song the app crashes. Is this instability due to the latest version? Can someone help with this please?

• I just updated the spotify app on my iphone to the latest version 7.5.0 yesterday and since then, every time I tried to play a song the app crashes. Is this instability due to the latest version? Can...
  • adriank1410
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Timer

Hello,Does anyone know if the timer can be made to stay on during an entire song on an Apple device? It does stay on the whole song on my Android, but I just got an IPod touch and the timer keeps disappearing. I am a Spin instructor and desparately n...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Does anyone know if the timer can be made to stay on during an entire song on an Apple device?  It does stay on the whole song on my Android, but I just got an IPod touch and the timer k...
  • adriank1410
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

minhas músicas salvas não vão automaticamente para "artistas"

Tenho o spotify premium e quando salvo alguma música, ela não vai para a pasta "artistas" automaticamente, lá ficam só os artistas que sigo. Como reparar isso?

• Casual Listener
  • Tenho o spotify premium e quando salvo alguma música, ela não vai para a pasta "artistas" automaticamente, lá ficam só os artistas que sigo. Como reparar isso?
  • jayfhany
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Home & Lock button music interference

When I push the home button on my locked iphone or lock my iphone while music is playing. The music skips back a split second.

• When I push the home button on my locked iphone or lock my iphone while music is playing. The music skips back a split second.
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile App Sort and Search

Whenever I search for a song and play one, it only plays that one and shuffles through any of the other search results even after I cancel out the search. I've tried re-shuffling but it just reorders the other search results and not all the songs I'v...

• Whenever I search for a song and play one, it only plays that one and shuffles through any of the other search results even after I cancel out the search. I've tried re-shuffling but it just reorders...
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod touch timer font size?

Hi!Is there any way to make the font size larger on the timer numbers on an Ipod touch? I've already changed the font size setttings in the Ipod....TIA!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! Is there any way to make the font size larger on the timer numbers on an Ipod touch?  I've already changed the font size setttings in the Ipod....TIA! 
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unplayable songs

How come I can't play some songs on Spotify it just says that I can't

• Casual Listener
  • How come I can't play some songs on Spotify it just says that I can't
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Logged out and set Offline Playlist to not available

Hi all,Yesterday in the evening, I've listened ro my Offline-Albums (fully marked as green/offline). Over Night, my Iphone 5 was completely switched off. This morning, after starting the phone, my Spotify-Account was logged off (username and PW requi...

• Regular
  • Hi all, Yesterday in the evening, I've listened ro my Offline-Albums (fully marked as green/offline). Over Night, my Iphone 5 was completely switched off. This morning, after starting the phone, my ...
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App Restarts

HI, I have spotify premium, and i am having a recurring issue with the app restarting when playing my offline playlist. It seems to happen after switching between online mode and back to offline. I have reinstalled the a number of times and the probl...

• HI,   I have spotify premium, and i am having a recurring issue with the app restarting when playing my offline playlist.  It seems to happen after switching between online mode and back ...
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly Playlist downloads

Hi There, I automatically download all the songs from my Discover Weekly playlist to my iphone but I don't save them to my library. I assumed they would be saved in my downloaded section but I don't see them there. Are they hidden somewhere else that...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi There, I automatically download all the songs from my Discover Weekly playlist to my iphone but I don't save them to my library. I assumed they would be saved in my downloaded section but I don't ...
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Discover Weekly and Private Mode

Hi there,I've seen conflicting answers on whether or not private mode means Spotify doesn't pay attention to your listening history.In an article a Spotify representative said"Use “private mode” if you don’t want Spotify to pay attention. “Maybe your...

• Regular
  • Hi there, I've seen conflicting answers on whether or not private mode means Spotify doesn't pay attention to your listening history. In an article a Spotify representative said "Use “privat...
  • ledgeja
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists wont load on BMW App

Hi everyone,since two releases ago, i am not able to load the playlists on my BMW iDrive anymore, it just says "loading, please wait..." Is this a known issue ? I tried reinstalling the App, didn't solve the issue. Device: iPhone 6s, latest iOS

• Hi everyone, since two releases ago, i am not able to load the playlists on my BMW iDrive anymore, it just says "loading, please wait..." Is this a known issue ?   I tried reinstalling the Ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes