Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play

Spotify won't play. I purchased the three months of premium in late December and cannot use it. Songs will either play for about 2 seconds or not at all. I recently had a Samsung but got an iPhone and it still doesn't play. It works fine on the compu...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify won't play. I purchased the three months of premium in late December and cannot use it. Songs will either play for about 2 seconds or not at all. I recently had a Samsung but got an iPhone an...
  • ToesOnShrooms
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify adds music that isn't on my playlist

Hi, I have a playlist that I made with some musics that I like, and when I'm listening to it I like to take off some musics on the right corner button on the top, and spotify starts playing some random music that isn't even on the playlist.Can someon...

• Hi, I have a playlist that I made with some musics that I like, and when I'm listening to it I like to take off some musics on the right corner button on the top, and spotify starts playing some rand...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The app won't download. iPhone 5s.

I while ago I enrolled in Apple's iOS beta program. While downloading their beta program I had to delete some apps to make space. Spotify being one if them. I've tried everything to get spotify back. I've restarted my phone multiple times, signed out...

• I while ago I enrolled in Apple's iOS beta program. While downloading their beta program I had to delete some apps to make space. Spotify being one if them. I've tried everything to get spotify back....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline music doesn't show up

Often, when I go offline on my device, my "Songs" tab only shows a few songs (that are saved from local files, or can't even be played). As you can see, the offline album was downloaded, but if I open it, it doesn't show up in the listing. I've tried...

• Casual Listener
  • Often, when I go offline on my device, my "Songs" tab only shows a few songs (that are saved from local files, or can't even be played). As you can see, the offline album was downloaded, but if I ope...
  • s_x
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! ALL MY MUSIC (ALBUMS, SONGS... ) SAVED IS MISSING

In Iphone from this morning all my saved music is missing!!!! What the hell !!?? I want a solution. In my PC Computer is not missing This is VERY VERY AWFULL

• Gig Goer
  • In Iphone from this morning all my saved music is missing!!!! What the hell !!?? I want a solution. In my PC Computer is not missing   This is  VERY VERY AWFULL    
  • julianehaan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone call transfers playback to desktop; shouldn't

Steps to reproduce:1. Listen to Spotify on iPhone; have Spotify open (but not being used) on a Mac on the same WiFi network.2. Receive a phone call.3. Spotify stops music on the iPhone, but automatically starts playing it on the Mac. I just want musi...

• Regular
  • Steps to reproduce: 1. Listen to Spotify on iPhone; have Spotify open (but not being used) on a Mac on the same WiFi network. 2. Receive a phone call. 3. Spotify stops music on the iPhone, bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind the lyrics not showing up on iPhone 6?

I have two devices an iPod 5 and an iPhone 6, i use the iPhone a looot more and noticed that the behind the lyrics option didnt show up anymore, i figured out that they had took it down, then i checked my iPod and it still works perfectly, and everyo...

• I have two devices an iPod 5 and an iPhone 6, i use the iPhone a looot more and noticed that the behind the lyrics option didnt show up anymore, i figured out that they had took it down, then i check...
  • Luc_K
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Error logging in! Upgraded phone

I upgraded my iPhone but cannot log into Spotify. I have deleted the app on my old iPhone and it is downloaded on my new one but when I try to log in I get the error 'log in failed - you have already created an account with this email address!'. I ha...

• I upgraded my iPhone but cannot log into Spotify. I have deleted the app on my old iPhone and it is downloaded on my new one but when I try to log in I get the error 'log in failed - you have already...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Album Covers in Offline-Mode

Hello, since weeks i have a problem on my iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4 and the latest Spotify App.Every Time i go to work i use Spotify and i only hear my offline Songs. i start wondering why it loads every cover again when i start the app First i thought i...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   since weeks i have a problem on my iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4 and the latest Spotify App. Every Time i go to work i use Spotify and i only hear my offline Songs. i start wondering why it ...
  • alepassa10
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes

Your Mixtape

Hello,Today I saw this 'Your Mixtape' feature and I was pretty hyped. I started exploring it and I mistakenly deleted my favourite band from my present and also upcoming mixtapes. Is there a rewind option? I really don't want Mixtapes without my favo...

• Hello, Today I saw this 'Your Mixtape' feature and I was pretty hyped. I started exploring it and I mistakenly deleted my favourite band from my present and also upcoming mixtapes. Is there a rewind...
  • human_joor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS, Why can't I see all my artist or all my albums?

I'm on IOS, I can't see all my artists or all my albums... I can only see all my songs. Things have changed, I don’t see where I can download songs outside of from playlists...ok - how do I put all my songs in one playlist? Asside from one at a time,...

• I'm on IOS, I can't see all my artists or all my albums... I can only see all my songs.  Things have changed, I don’t see where I can download songs outside of from playlists... ok - how do I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Using Spotify Connect with older Spotify iOS versions (compatible with iOS 5.1.1)

I've got an old iPad 1st generation, which can't get iOS later than 5.1.1. This means it can't get a recent version of Spotify (let alone the current version). This means it doesn't seem to have the Spotify Connect feature, as that probably wasn't in...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got an old iPad 1st generation, which can't get iOS later than 5.1.1. This means it can't get a recent version of Spotify (let alone the current version). This means it doesn't seem to have the ...
  • fearofbirds
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeping Spotify and deleting Facebook

I want to deactivate my Facebook and keep Spotify without creating a new account. I know I can update the device password, but this requires an email. The email attached to Spotify is an old email address that I no longer have access to. It's a colle...

• I want to deactivate my Facebook and keep Spotify without creating a new account.  I know I can update the device password, but this requires an email.  The email attached to Spotify is an ...
  • dalecarter
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cant play anything and if i can the song stops at 10 seconds

first off, no matter how much i reset my phone or reset the app or redownload the app, it doesnt let me play a song. the song doesnt play no matter what. the only way a song sometimes plays is if i skip and then the song will start playing, but the t...

• Regular
  • first off, no matter how much i reset my phone or reset the app or redownload the app, it doesnt let me play a song. the song doesnt play no matter what. the only way a song sometimes plays is if i s...
  • taehomax
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs Playing Thru Locked Screen

For some reason my songs are playing through my locked screen. They will skip, fast forward, pause, and stop even though my screen is locked. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

• For some reason my songs are playing through my locked screen. They will skip, fast forward, pause, and stop even though my screen is locked. Any ideas on how I can fix this?
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't download on my iphone 6

Hi.A few days ago my spotify account went from premium to free because I totlly forgot to pay. I payed and now my playlists wont download. I tried turning off my cellphone, conecting to several different wifis, logging off my spotify account but noth...

• Hi. A few days ago my spotify account went from premium to free because I totlly forgot to pay. I payed and now my playlists wont download. I tried turning off my cellphone, conecting to several dif...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I add songs to an existing playlist?

I have a playlist that I like and I'd like to add a couple of songs to it. How do I do that? I see that it's possible to delete songs, but is there anyway to just add a couple songs without having to create another playlist that is almost exactly the...

• I have a playlist that I like and I'd like to add a couple of songs to it. How do I do that? I see that it's possible to delete songs, but is there anyway to just add a couple songs without having to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

PLS we want a changable bar!

Hey SPotify Team ! It would be nice if we could change the bar so that we can replace the "radio" with "playlists" or songs pls..::! It cant be that hard It would be increase the use of Spotify over 9000!

• Visitor
  • Hey SPotify Team !  It would be nice if we could change the bar so that we can replace the "radio" with "playlists" or songs pls..::! 🙂 It cant be that hard 😕 It would be increase th...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! offline music - how to know which are offline quickly?

Hi is there a way to list which songs are downloaded?I want to free some space on my iPhone. And it would be easier if there was a way to list offline music.Thanx

• Regular
  • Hi   is there a way to list which songs are downloaded? I want to free some space on my iPhone. And it would be easier if there was a way to list offline music. Thanx
  • lgpetri
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Old local files, added & now deleted from Macbook Pro playlist, continue to show in iPhone playlist

Hello fellow Spotify people The problem is, a year ago I added some Local Files to one of my Playlists on my Macbook Pro. I then 'Downloaded' aka made Available Offline over the same WIFI connection to import the Local Files into the playlist on my i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello fellow Spotify people   The problem is, a year ago I added some Local Files to one of my Playlists on my Macbook Pro. I then 'Downloaded' aka made Available Offline over the same WIFI co...
  • Timbodhini
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes