Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

playlist random order

I have created a playlist, but plays the tracks in random order - what to do when I want to play a specific song in the playlist?

• I have created a playlist, but plays the tracks in random order - what to do when I want to play a specific song in the playlist?
  • Ethanmoo
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading on different devices

I have a 16 Gb IPad and a 128 Gb Android phone. Is it possible download music only on the second one?

• I have a 16 Gb IPad and a 128 Gb Android phone. Is it possible download music only on the second one?  
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened to Behind the Lyrics?

Hey so I was able to use Behind the Lyrics, supported by Genius, for a long time and I thoroughly enjoyed this feature. However about a month ago I no longer had the option of using this feature or swiping down to go behind the lyrics. No one seems t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey so I was able to use Behind the Lyrics, supported by Genius, for a long time and I thoroughly enjoyed this feature. However about a month ago I no longer had the option of using this feature or s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Change IP Address

I'm using premium Spotify and I'm currently in Malaysia, I wanna change the IP Address to the US IP so I can stream with US IP, if I change from the Malaysia to the US IP Address, does that mean I need to pay a different price (the price in US) and n...

• I'm using premium Spotify and I'm currently in Malaysia, I wanna change the IP Address to the US IP so I can stream with US IP, if I change from the Malaysia to the US IP Address, does that mean I ne...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify in ipod

Probably replied 1,000 times; but to be honest with you it is confusing. I was thinking about buying a music device to my son so he can choose his own music. Something easy: 4 button. An ipod shuffle was my idea. He already have some spotify lists. S...

• Probably replied 1,000 times; but to be honest with you it is confusing.   I was thinking about buying a music device to my son so he can choose his own music. Something easy: 4 button. An ipo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Drain iOS 10

Past couple of days noticed that Spotify is causing massive battery drain on my iPhone 7 Plus. I am on the most recent iOS and have the most recent Spotify version. Any one else experiencing this issue? My battery is about 30-40% lower than it normal...

• Past couple of days noticed that Spotify is causing massive battery drain on my iPhone 7 Plus. I am on the most recent iOS and have the most recent Spotify version. Any one else experiencing this iss...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Discover Weekly Isn't updating

I resubscribed recently and my Discover Weekly isn't updating since September of this year. I've tried logging out and back in with no update. Please assist in this issue. Thank you! spotify:user:spotifydiscover:playlist:7B9dHFlOo8QeqNlTpv6lln

• I resubscribed recently and my Discover Weekly isn't updating since September of this year. I've tried logging out and back in with no update. Please assist in this issue. Thank you! spotify:use...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming while using my phone's data

Whenever I use my cellular data it stops streaming and the only way for me to hear a song is to skip the song and I don't have premium so this is quite problematic.

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I use my cellular data it stops streaming and the only way for me to hear a song is to skip the song and I don't have premium so this is quite problematic.
  • Xanthalium
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums

Hello everybody. I'm new to Spotify and was wondering why when I click on an artist that I saved. i click on the artist and it shows all the music that i downloaded but it doesn't sort it into the albums. Is there a way to do that?

• Hello everybody. I'm new to Spotify and was wondering why when I click on an artist that I saved. i click on the artist and it shows all the music that i downloaded but it doesn't sort it into the al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps on changing back to a previous playlist after *every* song

This is happening to me. As per resolved discussion. Yes, extremely annoying. But it occurred after I "followed" a playlist. I did not queue it. I do have use of a laptop, but I am trying to listen at the moment through my iPad. I recognise the queue...

• Music Fan
  •  This is happening to me. As per resolved discussion.  Yes, extremely annoying.     But it occurred after I "followed" a playlist. I did not queue it.  I do have use o...
  • vonniedreyfuss
  • Music Fan
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes

Album Art Missing When Offline

Not a big deal for me but I would still like to be able to see album art when I'm listening offline

• Not a big deal for me but I would still like to be able to see album art when I'm listening offline
  • MaximumGoogie
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Frozen screen on ad can't reinstall app

My screen froze on an ad. Directions for reinstall don't work. It just opens to my pages even when pressing on icon til it shakes etcWant xmad music back!

• My screen froze on an ad. Directions for reinstall don't work. It just opens to my pages even when pressing on icon til it shakes etc Want xmad music back!
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song wil not play on my iPhone!!

Hi there, I have a song in a playlist, it plays fine on my 3 different IMacs, but will NOT play on my iphone. Any thoughts?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I have a song in a playlist, it plays fine on my 3 different IMacs, but will NOT play on my iphone. Any thoughts?  
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem with artics

Hello Spotify.I've got a Premium Account and I listen music every single day on my iPhone. So, I have a problem with some artics. For example, I can't find KC Rebell etc. Why? Same problem had ItaloBrothers, but now is everything ok. I'm from the Cze...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify. I've got a Premium Account and I listen music every single day on my iPhone. So, I have a problem with some artics. For example, I can't find KC Rebell etc. Why? Same problem had Ital...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

App still has hamburger menu

On my iphone 6, logged into spotify version 6.8.0.3786, the app will not update to having the menu along the bottom of the screen. I still have the hamburger style menu. I have tried deleting the app and re-installing with no luck. If i log out, and ...

• Visitor
  • On my iphone 6, logged into spotify version 6.8.0.3786, the app will not update to having the menu along the bottom of the screen. I still have the hamburger style menu. I have tried deleting the app...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify app only see 1 of 3 Google Cast/Chromecast devices

In my spotify app I only see and can cast to 1 of 3 Vizio (2016 models) devices—1 soundbar, 2 Crave speakers. The soundbar is the one Spotify can see and cast to. However, Google Play Music app and the Google Home app have no trouble casting to all t...

• Regular
  • In my spotify app I only see and can cast to 1 of 3 Vizio (2016 models) devices—1 soundbar, 2 Crave speakers. The soundbar is the one Spotify can see and cast to. However, Google Play Music app and t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unable to connect to Spotify in the mobile network of MTEL, Bulgaria

Since 23rd of November users of the mobile network of MTEL (largest mobile operator in Bulgaria) are unable to use Spotify. Mtel claim we should contact Spotify directly. The problem persists for all mobile devices. Mine is iPhone 6 with latest iOS b...

• Casual Listener
  • Since 23rd of November users of the mobile network of MTEL (largest mobile operator in Bulgaria) are unable to use Spotify. Mtel claim we should contact Spotify directly. The problem persists for all...
  • wanderer9
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playing songs not on playlist every time

Hi all, I've searched this topic, and while there are many results, I have not found a satisfactory answer or solution. I created a playlist of the Hamilton soundtrack. Great musical, if you haven't seen or heard of it. Anyway, there are 46 songs in ...

• Hi all,   I've searched this topic, and while there are many results, I have not found a satisfactory answer or solution.  I created a playlist of the Hamilton soundtrack.  Great mus...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloading music In a very slow speed

I clicked download offline and even I am using a 200mb/s wifi, it slows as a turtle, what is happening, please help

• I clicked download offline and even I am using a 200mb/s wifi, it slows as a turtle, what is happening, please help
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Uppgradera till premium

Hej!Jag har redan ett Spotify Free konto. Vill nu uppgradera till premium.Hur gör jag då?

• Hej! Jag har redan ett Spotify Free konto. Vill nu uppgradera till premium. Hur gör jag då?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes